SGZC12RC shutdown and won't start up when it's too cold (5 degrees F)

Xvu

Reaction score
Country
United States
This morning I came out of the car. It was about 5 degress F outside. I tried to check my event videos but I see the Street Guardian screen and then the screen goes black. I tried to turn it on multiple times. I see the blue LED flashes but the screen doesn't turn on. I'm going to check it again later when the weather warm up a bit. but I thought the operating temperature can go even lower than 5 degrees F?

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Lowest storage temp. usually can be -20C. Lowest operational temp. is around -10C. ( 14F ).

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

OP
Xvu

Xvu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried to warmup the main unit to car temperature 70F and looks like it doesn't turn on now. Even the blue LED doesn't flashes. Is it dead?

OP
Xvu

Xvu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried taking the sd card out but no difference. I bought it a couple months ago through Amazon from Pier28

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Street Guardian USA is now providing warranty support for previous 2016 North America purchases so I'll send you a private message to make arrangements.

OP
Xvu

Xvu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to Street Guardian, I'm getting a replacement unit through their warranty. I'll report back if I still experience this issue.