SGZC12RC Shutoff

2 cards and at least 3 weeks with each card before shutoff happens. I'd rather avoid buying another card and waiting 3 weeks to see if my third card is 'bad'--is there anything else to check?
Cards work (and test) fine in other devices and after reset

Well there are no other reports of this, but anything is possible with electronics from time to time. I think it's time I try sending you a new power supply for starters since you could have a loose fuse or solder joint. Please email or private message me your original order number and confirm shipping address. I'll send one out. If that doesn't work we'll replace the main unit.

Well there are no other reports of this, but anything is possible with electronics from time to time. I think it's time I try sending you a new power supply for starters since you could have a loose fuse or solder joint. Please email or private message me your original order number and confirm shipping address. I'll send one out. If that doesn't work we'll replace the main unit.
Pm inbound.

Since it turns back on every time just by hitting the top button I was thinking along the lines of an issue with writing to the card--which could be an issue with the card itself--(corrupting a file) that's crashing it? I noticed a corrupt file shortly before the last recording that it had saved.

Power cord would be much easier so I hope it is as simple as swapping it instead of an internal issue [emoji4].

Thanks!

Alright (overdue) update time...
I got the power cable, thank you!

First off, took a while to check as my car was hit so it was in the shop for a week. Then I was gone.
Good news is that when I got it back, the device was still functioning fine and recording. Then the next day it shut off again.

Reformatted, checked the card again, put back in. No issues for about 3 weeks (turning it off over night every other night).
Over the last week or two I have been "saving" some events (lots of people in my neighborhood have been blowing through the stop signs). Last event was saved 2 days ago. Today I went to pull the card and the device said "Please Format Card" or something of that nature across the screen. Card data is unreadable both in device and computer.

So...now it may not be the same issue as before?

"Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 64GB UHS-I/U1"

Data was easily recoverable through command prompt chkdsk.

Though my manually saved events are no more, it is filled with like 40 auto events due to the ****ty roads around here setting it off (i'll work on the sensor setting :p)

"Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 64GB UHS-I/U1"

Data was easily recoverable through command prompt chkdsk.

Though my manually saved events are no more, it is filled with like 40 auto events due to the ****ty roads around here setting it off (i'll work on the sensor setting :p)

I don't think there are any known issues with the Lexar cards, what sort of run time do you normally have the camera going for each time?

It's on the 2 min cycle. This had been probably about 5-7 days where I had not turned it off overnight (for "testing" purposes)

I have an experience with hot memory card too. When card was running hot, it can't work and the camera auto turn off. When card becomes cool, it will come back to nomal. Hope this information can help you. :)

I have an experience with hot memory card too. When card was running hot, it can't work and the camera auto turn off. When card becomes cool, it will come back to nomal. Hope this information can help you. :)

that's a possibility also, thanks for reminding

Unfortunately it has never turned itself back on. And the "shutoff" has happened in temperatures ranging from 25 degrees F to 80 degrees F (wintery ski trips included)

The RC unit giving me the "Please format card!" error is also now shutting off randomly and not coming back on. Twice in the last 3 days. I power it back on with the button and it boots up and starts ok. Are these issues related?

possibly, is this happening after you get a format error?

Yes. Formatted the card on the PC. h2testw tested all ok. Reformatted the card in the RC just in case.

Really need the RC to write some logs about what it's doing/seeing. At least write to nvram an error code, so on restart the restart/shutdown reason can be seen. It's very frustrating as a user to be in the dark. I'm sure as the vendor it's frustrating too not having this info.

I have had a kingston card that just dident want to play ball with my dashcam ( the SG9665GC i think ) anyway it pass H2testw just fine, no errors at all, but in the camera it make it behave very flaky.

I have had a kingston card that just dident want to play ball with my dashcam ( the SG9665GC i think ) anyway it pass H2testw just fine, no errors at all, but in the camera it make it behave very flaky.

I agree - some cards and some cameras don't seem to work together even though they should in theory.
I've also had cards which used to work in most dashcams but suddenly misbehave as if they've developed a fault, yet H2testw doesn't report any errors.
In my experience, if H2testw reports an error then it confirms a bad card, but if H2testw doesn't report a problem it doesn't always mean the card is working as it should be.

I usually have a couple of spare cards sitting on my desk (and one spare card in each car's glovebox, along with sd and/or USB adapter) so I go for the easy option and put in a different card - usually an older, smaller or lower-spec one which has been 'semi-retired' after being replaced by a larger card.
Genuine, branded, 32GB cards can now be had for around £7 and 16GB cards for around £5, so it's affordable to keep a spare or two.

Back