SGZC12SS PRO-series w. option of REAR / reversing camera Recording

I watched that video on the rear camera. To use that 2nd camera as a front view camera when parking (forward), would I need to rig up some kind of 3rd party switch or something? Is there any way to switch to it from the interface of the dashcam?

I was originally planning on getting something like a curb alert for the front of my car, but this would be a preferable alternative if I could make it work.

It auto switches to that input if the AV signal is present, there's no menu option to change to that input

Is there only 2 wires in the cigarette plug? I'm assuming yes, so I can cut off the cigarette plug and hardwire it to a switched source...correct?

Thanks!

Is there only 2 wires in the cigarette plug? I'm assuming yes, so I can cut off the cigarette plug and hardwire it to a switched source...correct?

Thanks!
If it's the new style where the 12V 5V conversion happens in-line up the wire in the small square box yes you can cut off the cig port end to hard wire.

If it's the new style where the 12V 5V conversion happens in-line up the wire in the small square box yes you can cut off the cig port end to hard wire.
I'm going by the picture on Amazon and eBay, on both you're the seller and I don't see any square box? See the attached picture.

the SGZC12SS is 12v powered, nothing inside the plug
What about the square box mentioned above?

Attachments

• SGZC12SS PRO (2).JPG
    SGZC12SS PRO (2).JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 17
Sorry I got mixed up and thought you were asking about the SG9665GC

The SGZC12SS power supply is inside the camera itself so yes you can cut off the cig port end to hard wire direct to 12V

there's no square box, @Pier28 read your question incorrectly and thought you were asking about a different camera

for this model the power supply is inside the camera, the cable has no power converter

I just ordered this from Pier 28 on Amazon to replace my nearly 3 year old Panorama II (I think the capacitor died). I figured it will be easy to swap since I already have the 12v adapter hard-wired from the old camera.

The PII was a great camera. Does this new version use basically the same hardware? Can I expect the same performance and reliability from this camera?

it's an updated version with a later Sony sensor than your old model but they are closely related

I just purchased this camera. How do I turn off the audible beeps? Is there a firmware update? Do I have the latest firmware of: 1.01.03 2015-08-21 17:00?

Back