SGZC12SS PRO-series w. option of REAR / reversing camera Recording

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Street Guardian SGZC12SS PRO-SERIES with option of rear / reversing camera Recording.

RevCamSG 2.jpg
SGZC12SS PRO (8).JPG

- 1080p / 30Fps / 15Mbps bit-rate
- Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS sensor
- Supercaps ( Capacitors )
- 5 sec. pre-buffer recording
- Parking / Motion detection recording with 5 sec pre-buffer
For parking mode recording MS MotoPark BDP ( battery discharge prevention device ) is recommended in order to avoid car battery going flat
- CPL lens filter available to remove dashboard glare ( sold separately )
- REAR / REVERSING Camera automatic Recording activation via switch or reversing gear ( watch video demo Part-3 below )
*Rear camera sold separately.
Street Guardian rear / reversing cameras:
SG89U, SG89FM, SG89F, SG89FF, SG89PPN, SG89FP, SG89UPN, SG89TP, SG89TM, SG89TF

Part-1. INTRODUCTION

Part-2. MENU INTERFACE

Part-3. REAR / REVERSING CAMERA SETUP

Specifications
  • Processor: Zoran Coach 12P
  • LCD display: 2.7-inch Capacitive Touch Screen
  • Lens: 7 Element Glass lens, 154° Diagonal viewing angle
  • CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor IMX322
  • Video resolution: Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
  • Video format: H.264 compression mode MP4 format
  • Microphone/speaker: built-in
  • Storage media: SDHC SD card, maximum 512GB ( not included)
  • Gapless recording: supported
  • Recording cycle menu selectable
  • Date stamped video
  • Parking mode and Motion detection with pre buffer
  • Super Capacitor power supply, last file save and soft shutdown
  • Screen saver: supported
  • Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) enhanced night performance
  • Built-in G-sensor
  • Incident file protect: automatic by G-sensor/manual by button
  • AV input ( analogue signal )
  • AV output
  • Power supply: 12v/24v direct input
Video file data

SGZC12SS Pro FILE DATA.jpg

Package content
  1. Packaging
  2. Quick Start Guide
  3. Main unit SGZC12SS
  4. 12-24V cigarette lighter charger
  5. Suction mount
  6. 3M permanent mount
  7. Video cable
  8. Pouch / carry bag
  9. Wet cleaning cloth ( 2pcs )
  10. "Street Guardian"-logo sticker
  11. "Caution! Conversation may be recorded" sticker ( 3pcs )
  12. OTG card reader for copy and playback files on Android smartphone
SGZC12SS PRO (2).JPG
SGZC12SS PRO (1).jpg
SGZC12SS PRO (4).jpg
SGZC12SS PRO (6).jpg

Last edited:
Day original / raw video files can be downloaded from HERE

Day SGZC12SS (1).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (2).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (3).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (4).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (5).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (6).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (7).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (8).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (9).jpg

Day SGZC12SS (10).jpg

Last edited:
Evening raw / original files can be downloaded from HERE

SGZC12SS  Evening  (1).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (2).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (3).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (4).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (5).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (6).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (7).jpg
SGZC12SS  Evening  (8).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (9).jpg

SGZC12SS  Evening  (10).jpg

Last edited:
Night raw / original video files can be downloaded from HERE

Night SGZC12SS (1).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (2).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (3).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (4).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (5).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (6).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (7).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (8).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (9).jpg

Night SGZC12SS (10).jpg

Last edited:
Another excellent Niko presentation :)

Please note the default SGZC12SS SKU for sale in the USA (Amazon, eBay, Direct) Doesn't come with a memory card. The box sleeve will be marked "WITHOUT"

Last edited:
I have added videos + download link + screenshots ( Day, Evening, Night ) into post 2, 3, 4.

Very helpful Part #3 video, "Reversing Camera Setup" comments make the operation very clear. Thanks Niko.
One channel camera, but with option to view from either the main lens, or the remote lens, switched by the 12V signal from reverse lights (or another source).

Very helpful Part #3 video, "Reversing Camera Setup" comments make the operation very clear. Thanks Niko.
One channel camera, but with option to view from either the main lens, or the remote lens, switched by the 12V signal from reverse lights (or another source).

this is the normal application but for example the second input could have an interior mounted camera connected with a momentary switch to power up, could be useful for example for an Uber driver that wanted to take a record of who was getting in the car, that could even be semi automated by using the dome light to trigger the aux camera so they could record customers entering and leaving the vehicle etc

New to dashcams and the forum.

Not much out there on this particułar cam, but was sold on previous efforts by Street Guardian on other cameras and the reputation they and Pier28 seem to have here, and on Amazon. (And not to mention the great Black Friday sale!)

Not much out there on this particułar cam, but was sold on previous efforts by Street Guardian on other cameras and the reputation they and Pier28 seem to have here, and on Amazon. (And not to mention the great Black Friday sale!)

Hi Welcome to the club. We all do our best. (Global Team effort)

Found you guys through the golfmk6 forum. A thread on the B40 led me to the 9665SG, and after about three days of intensive lurking, pricing, reading amazon reviews and youtubing (Niko is awesome)...

Btw, Does anyone know how well the newer Transcend UHS-3 cards work? Picked up a 64g for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00J3KA814

Found you guys through the golfmk6 forum. A thread on the B40 led me to the 9665SG, and after about three days of intensive lurking, pricing, reading amazon reviews and youtubing (Niko is awesome)...

Btw, Does anyone know how well the newer Transcend UHS-3 cards work? Picked up a 64g for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00J3KA814

that card should be fine

I ordered one of these from the Pier28 amazon store this week. It's supposed to come today, where do you look to find firmware updates for this model just so I can keep it up to date?

I ordered one of these from the Pier28 amazon store this week. It's supposed to come today, where do you look to find firmware updates for this model just so I can keep it up to date?

Welcome to the club. If you just bought yours in 2016 you have the latest firmware for sure. If we have a future firmware update you'll need to send it in as it requires a special process that can only be done on the bench here

Thanks Pier28, I appreciate the quick response. Sounds like I should be good to go, I think I ordered it Thursday, it says 2016 model in the title.

I just bought one and was wondering if it matters what kind of SD card I put in this model (brand, class 4 or class 10, minimum recommended size and write speed)? Right now I have an Adata 8gb SDHC class 4 SD card lying around and was wondering if I should buy another card.

Edit: Wow that was some blazing fast response time! Thanks @Pier28 !

Last edited:
Back