SGZC12ss turning off

You just posted a screenshot of my Pier28 vendor thread in the Dash Cam Vendors - USA section, where of course links are allowed.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/united-states.61/
Why are you so upset and calling me a liar? That's not very nice at all. Let's not push this thread off topic here.

I do think you self promote way too much. I'm not the only one here who notices it and doesn't care for it because of how much it goes on. When I merely mention that "For me, I think I would forego power banks altogether if I were to install a battery management system.", I don't really want or need or like to have you use that as an opportunity to present a promotional video and links that you've already posted numerous times elsewhere on DCT in the last two days. But you are right, the links were in your vendor thread. Accordingly I have deleted my post and offer my apologies for my remark.

Half y. ago I bought Xiaomi 10'000mAh powerbanks and quite happy with them ( if I remember it was 9/9 sale for 9.99usd shipped each from Banggood ). While one is recharging at home, the other one is used in car and vice versa, but of course it is putting more stress on keeping always in memory to plug-unplug-recharge-carry etc.
Paying higher price ( CellinkB or Lukas etc) you get convenience of saving time, however locally Lukas LK-570 cost 320usd ... Ouch price for 6'000mAh !

Back to power-banks and Lukas-570, I just realised UK seller advertises it as UK/EU Product Version
Does it mean rest of the world has a different version ? How different ?

I have one of those also which died after a couple of recharges

Yeah, as they say: pay what you ready to lose. I am not big fan of Xiaomi TBH, but was ready to risk with bargain price. By my surprise they do last me well so far and full recharge is twice quicker than Anker E4, despite only 30% capacity difference. Maybe I just got a good batch ?

Yeah, as they say: pay what you ready to lose. I am not big fan of Xiaomi TBH, but was ready to risk with bargain price. By my surprise they do last me well so far and full recharge is twice quicker than Anker E4, despite only 30% capacity difference. Maybe I just got a good batch ?

they have 3 different models and I bought one of each to try, just this one failed, the others work ok, I have better power banks though

I only bought it because of very low price ( limited 1 hour flash sale if I remember).
Actually I bought back then dozen of 1-2usd "junk", but hey, -50-90% from already low China prices is hard to resist some time, - human nature :)

I bought mine in China from a Xiaomi shop, they are only cheap though so there's always going to be some failures

A growing problem with power banks nowadays is that many of them are "smart" so as to function with various brands of smartphones and tablets. As a result many power banks coming out on the market today cause problems if you want to run dash cams off of them because the "smart" functionality of the power banks make the camera think it is connected to a computer and it will go into mass storage mode or standby (Mobius).

The usual "fix-it" for "smart" power banks is to cut the data wires on the USB cable leaving behind just the 5v wire and the ground but some newer "smart" power banks won't even work if you do that. I believe it is because they have some sort of smart voltage sensing circuit but I am only guessing about what is happening. Nevertheless, one of my trusty old power banks that has a "smart port" that I usually don't have a problem with as long as I modify the cable will not work with a newer generation Mobius PCB no matter what I do. That is the reason I bought the PowerAdd 20,000 mAh power bank I mentioned above as it is one of the very few relatively "dumb" power banks I could find. If shopping for a "dumb" power bank look for the phrase "wide compatibility" or something similar. The PowerAdd Plus is interesting because it is a great big lithium-polymer pack rather than the usual "bank" comprised of 18650 lithium-ion cells. It is less likely to have certain of the heat issues of 18650 cells. It might swell if it ever fails but won't ever explode for example.

it is one of the very few relatively "dumb" power banks I could find.

Looking at "progress" how many useless "smart" bells-and-whistles they put into the new dashcams, at some stage we may find thread: " Please help me to find a "dumb" dashcam, I only need reliable recorder with no LDSW, ADAS etc"

Uhh you are right. I didnt think about it going into "computer" mode..
I guess i could try it and return it if it doesnt work for dashcam.

The description says its lithium battery. Not whether its polymer or ion cell. Is it usually ion cell then?
I wouldnt want to see this exploding in my car haha

Uhh you are right. I didnt think about it going into "computer" mode..
I guess i could try it and return it if it doesnt work for dashcam.
if you're using with a 12v camera??? that's a non issue anyway, that only happens with 5v USB powered cams

if you're using with a 12v camera??? that's a non issue anyway, that only happens with 5v USB powered cams

I didn't know that having never owned a 12v dash cam but now that I think about it nobody would be plugging a 12v cam into a computer. (unless it is done with a different port and cable?)

I didn't know that having never owned a 12v dash cam but now that I think about it nobody would be plugging a 12v cam into a computer. (unless it is done with a different port and cable?)

there is a USB service port on the camera but the auto start stop etc is only available from the 12v input

Back