SGZC12ss turning off

Perfect. Ill order the one that i linked.
It should work great!

there is a USB service port on the camera but the auto start stop etc is only available from the 12v input

Then any of these 12V power banks should be fine, as you say, so that makes it a lot easier than the typical 5v camera.

I wonder if finding a suitable cable in the proper length that fits these 12v power banks is an issue?

you may need to make your own cable, I'd assume the camera comes with some sort of output connector to use with the 12v socket, they normally come with a range of different adapters, the camera uses a 35135 plug and socket (3.5mm OD, 1.35mm pin) which is the same plug used on older model Nokia phones so reasonably easy to pickup a suitable plug if you needed to make up a lead

you may need to make your own cable, I'd assume the camera comes with some sort of output connector to use with the 12v socket, they normally come with a range of different adapters, the camera uses a 35135 plug and socket (3.5mm OD, 1.35mm pin) which is the same plug used on older model Nokia phones so reasonably easy to pickup a suitable plug if you needed to make up a lead

Yeah, if it's a fairly standard plug it should be no problem. Some of these power banks come with a selection of plugs and Amazon sells them separately.

Last edited:
It's been working great so far. About 28 hours straight on no problem.
Would it be ok to use the input insert on the Powerbank to charge it from the car using cigarette male adapter while outputting 12v to my dash cam?

Would it be ok to use the input insert on the Powerbank to charge it from the car using cigarette male adapter while outputting 12v to my dash cam?

Most standard powerbanks does not pass-trough and charge at the same time. Only high-end Cellink-B or Lukas 570 can do this, but they cost fortune.

It is not a good idea to charge a lithium-ion battery pack at the same time it is discharging.

See this link for an explanation.

funny thing i noticed that there are some old cars in my neighborhood and their dashcam seems to work just fine in the winter.
Their dashcam blinks recording light in cold weather. i have a feeling they don't know much about cars and all they did is just connecting the dashcam to fuse box.
Most likely nothing like buying a battery pack.. Any idea how theirs could be running fine in winter?

My new battery pack lithium polymer 20000 mha? works for about 48 hours in cold weather. I was expecting little more..:(

....My new battery pack lithium polymer 20000 mha? works for about 48 hours in cold weather. I was expecting little more..:(

I think 48 hours is reasonable for 20000mAh (20Ah) battery.
I've generally found that cams use in the region of 400mA/h (0.4A/h) which is what you're getting.
Simpler, lower-spec cams can use as little as 150mA/h while more complex, higher-spec cams can use as much as 600mA/h (0.6A/h).

A car battery is typically about 45Ah (45000mAh) so will run an average cam for about four days and a simple cam for nearly two weeks. Some cams state their typical power requirement in their manual/spec sheet.

I think 48 hours is reasonable for 20000mAh (20Ah) battery.
I've generally found that cams use in the region of 400mA/h (0.4A/h) which is what you're getting.
Simpler, lower-spec cams can use as little as 150mA/h while more complex, higher-spec cams can use as much as 600mA/h (0.6A/h).

A car battery is typically about 45Ah (45000mAh) so will run an average cam for about four days and a simple cam for nearly two weeks. Some cams state their typical power requirement in their manual/spec sheet.
mehh it's more like little less than 24 hours in cold weather now that i checked again.
It's around 48 hours in cool weather.

If car battery is about 45Ah then how come the voltage drops so fast on my car? Car starts just fine.

they have 3 different models and I bought one of each to try, just this one failed, the others work ok, I have better power banks though
Do you buy to try every electric thing on the market ? :D

Do you buy to try every electric thing on the market ? :D

no, for those though I kept hearing how great they are and I needed some power banks anyway so picked up one of each, (ignoring the fact that one failed) there's nothing particularly great about them though

Back