Shorting ACC and battery wires on the Viofo ACC hardware kit

BobbyR2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a Viofo A119 V3 installed on a Mazda3 2021. Presently the cam is connected to the continuous 12V socket on the central compartment. According to some Mazda forums, you can only connect the ACC wire using a wiretap into the auto-dimmed mirror or by using a fuse from the engine compartment. I don't have an auto-dimmed mirror and am not interested in running a wire through the firewall.

If I short the ACC and battery wires, will the voltage cutoff feature and the automatic parking mode set on the cam still work?

Thanks

Hello BobbyR2.

BobbyR2: [...] short the ACC and battery wires, will the voltage cutoff feature [...] still work?

Yes.

BobbyR2: [...] short the ACC and battery wires, will the automatic parking mode [...] still work?

No. In forced-OFF by ACC-/yellow-line to Batt.+, the cam overrides the app and keeps recording in standard-mode. At least in the test i have conducted pre this post with parking-mode set to `motion-detection` which the cam usually falls into after 5min. with no hardware-kit connected. You can install a switch in the ACC/yellow-line to force parking-mode ON/OFF. So no need to go the long way via phone/wifi/app/ etc. And you can be sure the cam doing what it´s told.

dct_230223 (6).jpg

Hello BobbyR2,

just saw you asked for a 119 and not for the 139. My bad. Sorry for the derailling ... Oo

Back