VANTRUE N4 Pro : installation inside a Camper Van on lithium battery ?

NicolasH31

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
N4 Pro
Hello

I just bought a N4 Pro, on Amazon France (as there is discount now), for my futur Camper Van. It's a Hymer Grand Canyon S, based on a Mercedes Sprinter 4x4.
I bought this dash cam as I was mainly interested by the parking mode. Now I realize it doesn't look like it's the perfect solution, mainly because of the battery consumption.

I just have a technical question.
In this Camper Van I will have a total of 160Ah of lithium battery plus the starting battery.
In the dash bord, I have on top (in a compartment) a 12V plug (connected to the starter battery, I guess as I will have the vehicle in July 2024). But also, behind my seat, there is a couple of USB plug (connected to the lithium battery).

I want to use the lithium battery for the parking mode (only in vacation, the Van is completely secure at home, where I have others cameras and the parking mode will be disable) and the 12V plug for the ignition start. But I'm not sure it will work as I'm suspecting the camera will always be ON because of the lithium battery. For the record, we are not staying more than 2 days in a place. We like to drive with the Motorvan, doing roadtrip. My point is the lithium battery will be constantly charge (when driving but also with the Solar panel on the roof of the vehicle .

Is someone is using a Dashcam with parking mode in a motor van, camper van, any vehicle with lithium battery ? And have a confirmation or solution for my setup ?

Thanks in advance

Back