Site Not Available

Just had this happen again and it lasted for about 5 minutes. It quit as fast as it started (although I did restart Firefox) and all is good again. Very strange...:confused:
Just happened again for a few minutes. Restarted my browser and it persisted. Rebooted computer and all was well (rebooting probably had nothing to do with it). Different certificate this time - *****advertising.net (I think) vs. facebook.net

Note: I'm only posting this in order to provide some information that may help - not expecting any action or response.

Edit: Changed 'facebook.com' to 'facebook.net' which is what bad certificate says.

Last edited:
Just happened again for a few minutes. Restarted my browser and it persisted. Rebooted computer and all was well (rebooting probably had nothing to do with it). Different certificate this time - *****advertising.net (I think) vs. facebook.com

Note: I'm only posting this in order to provide some information that may help - not expecting any action or response.

Can it be related to "bad cookies" ?
When I have some time something weird going on with browsers, first I do to clean cookies and in many cases it solves the issue. If not, then I go to next steps like Registry cleaner, Antivirus check, etc.

Can it be related to "bad cookies" ?
When I have some time something weird going on with browsers, first I do to clean cookies and in many cases it solves the issue. If not, then I go to next steps like Registry cleaner, Antivirus check, etc.
I considered that but it's only DCT that's affected and it goes away (sometimes) without any action on my part so I don't think that's the case.

I suspect 'something' is happening beyond my modem since I have essentially 3 levels of protection: Router, A/V and Firewall Software, and my browser is set about as secure as it can be so it's unlikely that anything is getting into my system. (A/V and malware scans are run overnight on a daily basis as well, in addition to the normal real-time scanning.)

Edit: Just after posting this I had another episode of 'bad certificates'. While this was happening I attempted to connect via the TOR browser (which is Firefox based and I have it configured with the same security settings) and was able to connect without issue. From this I conclude that whatever is happening is beyond my computer and before DCT.

Last edited:
OK. It just happened again about 15 minutes ago. It being the 'invalid certificate' pointing to 'connect.facebook.net' and the problem persists even as I'm posting this using the TOR browser.

At the time it first happened I was connected to https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/ and did a page refresh when the error popped up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. It just happened again about 15 minutes ago. It being the 'invalid certificate' pointing to 'connect.facebook.net' and the problem persists even as I'm posting this using the TOR browser.

At the time it first happened I was connected to https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/ and did a page refresh when the error popped up.
And now, as quickly as it started things are back up normal operation. Very confusing.... :confused:

Everything has been working well for me in the last few days until this morning when the access troubles started all over again. As before it seems my IP address suddenly gets blocked even with minimal apparent outgoing connection activity on my end.

I had never seen that warning before either!

I have wondered whether it has anything to do with the FREAK Attack vulnerability that was made public less than three months ago and that a few IT people I've talked to haven't heard of!

This problem has been widely patched by now but not everywhere.

https://freakattack.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREAK_attack

Recently, in the above post I mentioned the serious FREAK Attack SSL/TLS vulnerability which allows an attacker to intercept HTTPS connections between vulnerable clients and servers and force them to use weakened encryption.

A new vulnerability called Logjam Attack has recently been revealed that allows a man-in-the-middle attacker to downgrade vulnerable TLS connections to 512-bit export-grade cryptography. This allows the attacker to read and modify any data passed over the connection. The attack is reminiscent of the FREAK attack, but is due to a flaw in the TLS protocol rather than an implementation vulnerability, and attacks a Diffie-Hellman key exchange rather than an RSA key exchange.

Go to https://weakdh.org/ for further information and to test whether your browser is vulnerable.

Read more about the issue in this Ars Technica article.

Are you guys still seeing the problems - I usually find every time I come on and then open new posts and start opening pages in new tabs when I get so far through I get blocked still so the timings may still be too aggressive?

I'm still getting the 'invalid certificate' message from Firefox on occasion. Normally all I have to do is log off my user account and back on and all is well. Once in a while the condition takes a few minutes to clear up.

every time I come on and then open new posts and start opening pages
I confirm the problem; then I have to wait some time (>30 min) or use a VPN.

I switched to Chrome and haven't seen the error since last few weeks.

to Chrome
This problem is independent of the browser (as I also tested with iExplorer and Opera) and it happens when you're opening several pages simultaneously. For some period of time your IP is blacklisted and you can't anymore access any page.

This morning it gave me "Server not found" message, even after several attempts. I thought it was due to maintenance or something.
Now it takes a long time to load, open anything inside the forum or send messages and replies. It's been like this all morning and still is at the time I'm opening this thread.

Every other site I open is ok. I tried it with a different internet connection and it's the same thing. Is everybody experiencing the same?

Over the last few days I have once again been experiencing difficulties accessing or staying connected with DCT forum. Basically, attempts to log-on or to navigate from page to page stall and eventually time out. This is browser independent. The problem seems similar to previous issues with IP address rejection but there are indications this may be a server error.

server-error.png

Last edited:
Same type of issue for me - "Unable to Connect to .........". Getting here now using the TOR browser and even at that it's extremely slow to respond.

There may have been a DNS issue, unless that was intentional. When the site wasn't working, forum.dashcamtalk.com wouldn't resolve from my home, work or various internet DNS testing sites. I tried editing the HOSTS file with the site IP, but then got a connection refused error. Now it's back to normal, not sure if that's the new firewall settings blocking me or if the server was really down.

KuoH

@DashCamMan
Yes, was pretty off and on since Saturday and couldn't even access for hours this morning.
Here's one error that may give some info:

Screenshot_2015-08-31-06-23-09[1].png

Back