SJCAM 64gb, 128gb Memory cards Compatibility List

I have a Sony 64GB C10 (SR-64UY) and it partly works with my SJ5000X Elite. With firmware 1.2.1-S cam saves videos EXCEPT 4K and photos to card but you can't see them in playback menu, you must see them through attached cam or at pc directly from sd card. Video Lapse does not record. Firmware 1.2.2 did not auto update from this card. Formatting to FAT32 is not an option for cards greater than 32GB's. Updated to firmware 1.2.2 using 8GB Fat32 SD card. With Sony 64 GB SD card back in cam now records in 4K but Playback sees No Images. And Video Lapse does not record.

The limit of 32gb for FAT32 is only with windows method only, you can install a formatting software, the best is aomei_partition_assistant, it is free
http://filehippo.com/download_aomei_partition_assistant_standard_edition/

you can format even a 5TB hdd to FAT32
in general if works with your device format it to exFAT, you can store larger than 4GB single file with this format, if that wont work with your device than format it FAT32 with the mentioned software, or linux

in general if works with your device format it to exFAT, you can store larger than 4GB single file with this format, if that wont work with your device than format it FAT32 with the mentioned software, or linux

the cameras generally have a hard coded file size limit so using an alternate file system won't change how large individual files can be

...fat32 is an option for cards until 8TB (32kb clusters)!!!
The camera has to support fat32, my xiaomi supports only fat32 but that up to 128 GB!
Look in Wikipedia, i am using 2 x 64GB cards formated in fat32 for xiaomi yi and sj5000x with full 64GB capacity and recordings until 45mbits. The restriction is only files to 4GB size!
...load an external freeware like "fat32 format" and formating in fat32 with 32kb clusters no problem using full size of 64GB microsd!

does it mean its none sense to buy a 64gb sdcard for sjcam since there is playback issue of you use more than 32gb?

...i have no issues with my 64GB cards on sjcam elite!

^thanks. i already bought a 32GB to be safe for now.

SJCAM 4000+ 2.7 firmware with Sony 64GB class 10 U1 card.
out of package, sony card doesn't work.. camera boots up with SJCAM logo and hangs.
format with FAT32 on Windows box, same thing.
format with exfat on windows box it boots but says memory error
format from camera and it works, but cannot view anything from camera.

SJCAM 4000+ 2.7 firmware with Sony 64GB class 10 U1 card.
out of package, sony card doesn't work.. camera boots up with SJCAM logo and hangs.
format with FAT32 on Windows box, same thing.
format with exfat on windows box it boots but says memory error
format from camera and it works, but cannot view anything from camera.

Please try v2.8: https://sjcamhd.com/sjcam-sj4000-plus-v2-8/ 64gb support features added :)

upgraded to 2.8. put in 64GB card, got a cluster size error. re-formatted it via the camera. all is good. boots fine and can view pictures. I'm impressed with the pace of firmware updates.

SJ5000+ firmware 3.3.5
Samsung 128GB EVO 48MB/s MicroSD SDXC Class 10

I bought a 32gb some months ago for my sj5000+, and recently this 128gb (for another device i have at home). A few days ago i upgrade my s5000+ to 3.3.5 (3.1 original) and today after reading that 64gb cards were compatible i tried my 128gb and...it seems to be working.
Im recording right now at home (pluged-in to charge) to see if there are no problems with de 128gb card.

For more details, I will stop recording 6-7 hours from now.

PD: sorry for my english.

SJ5000+ firmware 3.3.5
Samsung 128GB EVO 48MB/s MicroSD SDXC Class 10

I bought a 32gb some months ago for my sj5000+, and recently this 128gb (for another device i have at home). A few days ago i upgrade my s5000+ to 3.3.5 (3.1 original) and today after reading that 64gb cards were compatible i tried my 128gb and...it seems to be working.
Im recording right now at home (pluged-in to charge) to see if there are no problems with de 128gb card.

For more details, I will stop recording 6-7 hours from now.

PD: sorry for my english.
Thanks for reporting this great news to us. I think you are the first to confirm 128gb cards model.

We have added many of your informative responses onto the SJCAM forum as well. Thanks!

1) SJ5000x Elite FW 1.2.5
2) Sandisk Extreme Pro microSDXC UHS-I 64 GB SDSDQXP-O64G-G46A
3) Format on Windows using SD Formatter, put into SJCam and it says "Cluster size error", formatted using SJCam, able to take videos / pictures and view through SJCam. Working as intended.

ok guys,

So I just bought the sj5000x elite version and upgraded it to version 1.3.
After that I used: easeUS partition master free edition to format my sd card to fat32.
sd card: Kingston 64gb class 10 U3 microsdxc

outcome: Full functionality on the cam, playback included.

Hope this helps other people.

Cheers,

Tonny.

ok guys,

So I just bought the sj5000x elite version and upgraded it to version 1.3.
After that I used: easeUS partition master free edition to format my sd card to fat32.
sd card: Kingston 64gb class 10 U3 microsdxc

outcome: Full functionality on the cam, playback included.

Hope this helps other people.

Cheers,

Tonny.

Thanks for confirming! this only worked properly after v1.3 upgrade?

Well, I immediately upgraded to 1.3 so I cannot confirm for earlier versions. However fat32 formatting seems to do the trick.

Tonny

Well, I immediately upgraded to 1.3 so I cannot confirm for earlier versions. However fat32 formatting seems to do the trick.

Tonny
there is a new v1.3 version that was just released today....

Does SJ5000x Elite work with Transcend micro SDXC CLASS10 UHS-I U3 Ultimate PRO 633X 64GB?

Last edited:
I have SJcam5000x elite. Im using Samsung Evo 32GB Class10 UHS-1. I updated the firmware to v1.3-S (dated March 14, 2016). Im noticed the playback in 4k and 2k vid hangs in 4secs. Also how do I get a slowmo in 1080p? Slowmo always plays in vga240p. And I cant get sharper images. My phones 8MP cam shots is sharper than 12MP of 5000x. Hope someone helps. TIA

Back