SJCAM 64gb, 128gb Memory cards Compatibility List

I have an SJ5000x elite running version 1.4 firmware.
I've tested with the following cards

Samsung 64GB Format Fat 32
Works fine

Sandisk Ultra 128 GB Format Fat 32 (119GB)
Works fine

Sandisk Ultra 200GB Format Fat 32 (183GB)
Works fine
I ran it overnight in car mode and managed to store 173 x 5 minutes files at 1080P 60 which equates to about 14.5 hours of video. It also appeared to loop OK when the card went full.
I removed the card and put into a standard USB card reader and it read the full set of files OK.
I can also read from the camera itself although it is so slow reading files I cant imagine ever doing that in normal use.

To format Fat 32 I either use a utility called BootIce64 in windows or use the SJ5000x Elite to format the cards. Both worked fine
Windows 10 will only format the cards as exfat.

** Edited on 25th May. I managed to recreate a problem I had reported initially and it was user error - I was looking at the wrong device so I have deleted the concern.
Currently have no problems with this card.

Last edited:
SJ4000 Wifi
Silicon Power SDXC 64GB Class 10 NOT WORKING
specifically says Memory error

help

Tested and working fine with 2k resolution SJ5000x elite with Kingmax 32GB, Class 10, UHS-I U3 .

I have two SJCAM M10’s and have verified the following 64gig memory cards work with FW v1.5 .
64 gig AVOCA branded XC I class 10 U1 records and plays back perfect.
64 gig Transcend Premium 400x Class 10 U1 XCI works fine.
64 gig Patriot Class 10 XCI U1 works fine as well.

I have two SJCAM M10’s and have verified the following 64gig memory cards work with FW v1.5 .
64 gig AVOCA branded XC I class 10 U1 records and plays back perfect.
64 gig Transcend Premium 400x Class 10 U1 XCI works fine.
64 gig Patriot Class 10 XCI U1 works fine as well.

Thanks for confirming. Feel free sharing your videos in the M10 section :)

SJ4000 and kingston 64gb - does NOT work. Records perhaps 15-20mins and any new recordings will disappear upon stopping the recording.

Edit:
It seems to be working for now - I've been recording for the past 12 or so hours. The difference was that I formatted the card using my PC, using this program called guiformat.

kingston 64gb
720p mode
3 min loop
audio off

I will review the footages again when the card is full and overwrites itself.

Last edited:
SJ4000 and kingston 64gb - does NOT work. Records perhaps 15-20mins and any new recordings will disappear upon stopping the recording.

Edit:
It seems to be working for now - I've been recording for the past 12 or so hours. The difference was that I formatted the card using my PC, using this program called guiformat.

kingston 64gb
720p mode
3 min loop
audio off

I will review the footages again when the card is full and overwrites itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recorded about 354-356 clips and new clips do not record anymore.
I interrupted the recording by powering on and off the camera.

Next I activated dashcam mode and tried to record/overwrite the old clips but that did not work.

Similar to what happened in my first attempt (without guiformat), new clips will appear to be recording but when recording is completed, there are zero videos/images to review. The new videos do not appear to be recorded in the SD card but the old ones are intact.

I formatted the card using SJcam menu format and left it to record in dashcam mode again. In dashcam mode, the video seems to be stuck on 00:03:00 and does not loop.

Upon inspection, the SD card was not formatted. Previous recordings were all intact. I proceeded to format it using my PC (guiformat) again.

Last edited:
Recorded about 354-356 clips and new clips do not record anymore.
I interrupted the recording by powering on and off the camera.

Next I activated dashcam mode and tried to record/overwrite the old clips but that did not work.

Similar to what happened in my first attempt (without guiformat), new clips will appear to be recording but when recording is completed, there are zero videos/images to review. The new videos do not appear to be recorded in the SD card but the old ones are intact.

I formatted the card using SJcam menu format and left it to record in dashcam mode again. In dashcam mode, the video seems to be stuck on 00:03:00 and does not loop.

Upon inspection, the SD card was not formatted. Previous recordings were all intact. I proceeded to format it using my PC (guiformat) again.

Is your SJ4000 with Wifi? Is it an original SJCAM?

SJ4000, no wifi, original SJCAM. - I tore apart the camera. It has SJcam serial, and novatek processor.
Btw, I made the mistake of leaving my SJcam with battery under the hot sun. It melted the battery compartment as well as the 'inner cover' and I'm trying to find the replacement part for them. Sigh.

Any chance anyone can hook me up? I need the battery compartment more than the cover.

IMG_4177.JPG IMG_4180.JPG IMG_4183.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4183.JPG
    IMG_4183.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
The Sandisk Ultra 200GB microSD card I'm using here formatted as FAT32 using guiformat is working well with:

SJCAM SJ6 Legend firmware 1.4 & 1.41
SJCAM SJ7 Star firmware 1.0

camera sjcam sj7 star ( firmware v1.0 ) does not work with memory card kingston 64gb sdxc u3 90/80mb/s , what could be the problem?

can it see the card in the camera?
the card sees but to record and photograph cannot and does not write anything ,tried to do the formatting via the camera did not help ,also tried to make the card in fat32 ,just not successfully

I have 64 GB, SanDisc Ultra Class 10, And Samsung EVO 128 GB Class 10 too, But What ever 32GB I have all Old Class 4 , I am Going to Buy SJCam 4000 WI-FI , and My Friend Going to Buy SJCam 5000 WI-FI , too. We are Mainly Trekker that's why we Need More Memory and More Power. Can you please Develop a Model which Can Support More Memory , that will be Best for me kind of Trekkers who need to Capture Long Videos and Got Less opportunity to carry many Memory Cards.

We would like start this thread as a resource to SJCAM owners who would like to purchase compatible microSD cards over 32gb.

If you own an SJCAM and have confirmed that 64gb or 128gb cards work fine with your unit. Please share with us the following:

1) SJCAM Model #
2) Card Brand and Class
3) any other things you might want to add.

Thanks! :)

SJCO

I bought SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB for my Sj7 Star. Sometimes, it crashs and I have to remove the batery to rebout the machine. It appens when I try to delet a video. The problem is the sd card or the machine?

Model: SJ7 Star
Firmware version: 1.0.6
Memory card: microSD Kingston SDCA3 64 Gb.
Result: Not working

When I try recording a video it started just for a second and after that it stops, video unavailable, bottons works ircorrect - can switch a mode only and can't turn off the camera. Only if I take out a battery it can be shoot down.
I used two file system: exfat and fat32. And it have same problem.
This card good works in a card reader on PC and another gadgets.

Get for a test from friend a card from Sony - class 10 U-1 32 Gb and it's working good.

Will it fix with new firmware because I don't want to buy one more card.

Back