This topic is on fire...

lets get to my question @sjcam_official .

If the camera connects sjcam app its official?

A couple questions:

1- when did your boxes start to have that security code ?

2- my camera have wifi and it connects to my android on sjcam app version2.9.8(422) the camera firmware version is G2015048V02 from Apr 8 2015

But on your post you say no logo on the front its a fake, but on your security check page you have:

5) Software and App: This is the best way to confirm that you bought a genuine SJCAM. Non-SJCAM products will not work with SJCAM firmware. The short-cut to verify the WiFi version of any SJCAM is to simply connect to first install the SJCAM App onto your device (Android or Mac) and try to connect your camera with it. If you are connected, then your SJCAM is 100% Original.

Were do i stay my camera have no logo on the front, but it connects perfectly to the android app?

This topic is on fire...

lets get to my question @sjcam_official .

If the camera connects sjcam app its official?

Yes, if the camera can connect to the SJCAM Zone App (for non SJ5000+ Models) or SJ5000+ App, then it is original.

Hopefully this finally helps people understand differences between ll SJ4000 versions.
I guess I have to make space for SJ4000++ and SJ4000+++ :)

Reactions: Mtz
Just a heads up about the 4000+ non Gyro, it can be updated with the latest 2.6 version (for the Gyro model).
If you have the 2.5 version the update to 2.6 can be done a lot more quicker by skipping the loader upgrade.

Thanks for sharing :)

@sjcam_official
Alright, so this whole firmware upgrade is confusing.
Seriously.
On your site, there is a link only for 2.6 version, with instructions on how to update.
After updating the camera is bricked.
2.2 to 2.6 update attempted

So now I am asking, how to unbrick it? How about putting some warning or update instructions? Are technicians working on a script that can unbrick the camera?
Additionally all the links to 2.5 firmware with a loader are not working! You should fix it asap.

Last edited:
@sjcam_official
Alright, so this whole firmware upgrade is confusing.
Seriously.
On your site, there is a link only for 2.6 version, with instructions on how to update.
Nowhere it mentioned that there is a possibility to **** the camera up.
After updating the camera is bricked.
2.2 to 2.6 update attempted

So now I am asking, how to unbrick it? How about putting some warning or update instructions? Are technicians working on a script that can unbrick the camera or should people who bought it throw it into a trash?
If I am unable to unbrick it, I will try to see if it can be hammer resistant.

Additionally all the links to 2.5 firmware with a loader are not working! Serious issue, you should fix it asap, or you will end up with lots of returns.

Sounds like an update script is corrupt and is causing conflicts - thus the camera gets confused and stops (I assume this is actually more complicated than that but that's my understanding anyway).

The best way to unbrick will be via .elf file - they're pretty harmless to release but a lot of factories won't simply because it's not through the .bin way.

I'm not sure about this whole loader thing and I am sure they are working on it, if they wanted a quick relief it would be to release the .elf file with DirectUSB whilst they figured out the problem

The problem is that SJ4000+ with version lower than 2.5 should be upgraded via the loader thingy first.
But :
  1. On their Firmware page nothing is said about that
  2. There is no link to 2.5 and all links I tried via google are dead (404).
So I assumed it is safe to update, considering that they did not provide any warnings.

Certainly they need to create a file to unbrick it, this is unacceptable. I am aware they are working on their site and that not everything can be organized right away, but this should be fixed asap, with a huge warring on firmware page and links 2.5 loader.

This totally ruined my plans for side by side comparisons.... ****...

You can un brick the camera with a "blind" loader update. Just put the loader onto the sd card, start the camera, wait around 30 seconds, turn off the camera, then load the firmware on the card and remove the loader and start the camera again. It should start working.

Hah, I tried it again with LD96660A and it booted.

Here is what I did :
  • Downloaded LD96660A file and put it on my micro sd
  • Connected the camera with that sd in via the usb cable to my pc
  • At first nothing happened
  • I held on/off for 5 (turned it off)
  • I turned it on again while never removing it from the cable
  • It booted.
Now I will do an upgardade, thanks @TechTronic9000 I guess I was not patient enough the first time.

EDIT :
Just noticed it says 2.6 already.

EDIT :
SJ4000+ Standard was upgraded successfully with same firmware.

Last edited:
Hah, I tried it again with LD96660A and it booted.

Here is what I did :
  • Downloaded LD96660A file and put it on my micro sd
  • Connected the camera with that sd in via the usb cable to my pc
  • At first nothing happened
  • I held on/off for 5 (turned it off)
  • I turned it on again while never removing it from the cable
  • It booted.
Now I will do an upgardade, thanks @TechTronic9000 I guess I was not patient enough the first time.

EDIT :
Just noticed it says 2.6 already.

EDIT :
SJ4000+ Standard was upgraded successfully with same firmware.

I'm glad it worked :)
I also have a 4000+ standard and a 4000+ gyro, i keep them both updated with the same version.

Thanks for the update guys

SJCAM SJ4000+ v2.7 Firmware Changelog:

1. Fixes when low illumination and changing modes, the LCD will flicker.
2,Improves on White Balance
3,Improves on color - adds color options and values
4,Fixes after closing the Time-stamp, shooting 720p @120FPS & VGA 240FPS unit will crash

issue.
5,Fixes after turning GYRO On, changing modes the LCD screen shakes
6,Fixes when shooting 720p@120FPS Gyro is not functional; Please note: VGA 240FPS will not

support Gyro
7,Adds Volume adjustment menu for video
8,Adds Photo quality menu options
9,Adds Sharpness menu options
10, Adds Color options
11,Adds FOV options
12,Adds Underwater op
13,Adds file format option: Record in .MOV or MP4
14,Adds optional SJCAM logo option
15, Improves menu items order

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I bought SJ4000+ from gearbest, it says the camera is standard edition but user @sjcam_official said standard edition cameras were sold months ago (only 1000pcs ever made) what is the chance i will get gyro edition ? I really wanted gyro edition, but there was none in gearbest, only standard ones.

I bought SJ4000+ from gearbest, it says the camera is standard edition but user @sjcam_official said standard edition cameras were sold months ago (only 1000pcs ever made) what is the chance i will get gyro edition ? I really wanted gyro edition, but there was none in gearbest, only standard ones.
They also have Gyro but they just do not know it and have not updated their descriptions. Again, many people have ordered from there and have confirmed they received the Gyro edition.

If the SJ4000+ is with Omnivision OV4689 chipset, why the camera is advertised as a camera with 12MP image sensor?

Sj4000+ fake.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

That's been told alot of times, it's interpolated resolution. Most low budget cameras has this kind of "fake" picture resolutions...
I have another question, which update is the most stable one ? which one would you recommend guys, is the latest one (v2.7) really the best in practice ?

Last edited:
That's been told alot of times, it's interpolated resolution. Most low budget cameras has this kind of "fake" picture resolutions...
I have another question, which update is the most stable one ? which one would you recommend guys, is the latest one (v2.7) really the best in practice ?

v2.7 adds the most functionality. We have not heard many issues with it so far. we definitely recommend v2.7 firmware upgrade.

v2.7 adds the most functionality. We have not heard many issues with it so far. we definitely recommend v2.7 firmware upgrade.
thanks for the answer! by the way, please fix your website so we can do a security check (sjcamhd.com/safe/), there is no window to input numbers

Back