SJCAM SJ5000x Sony IMX078 Limited Edition Project Tentatively Scrapped?

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Update:

The SJCAM SJ5000x Elite will now be released.

It should be released within the next week or so - SJ5000x Elite Pre-order

Attachments

• sjcam-sj5000x-limited-edition-scraped.jpg
    sjcam-sj5000x-limited-edition-scraped.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
It looks like this will be released. I still have no real confirmation on what final specs will be or model number, but, it is going to be hot!

I hope that it will not be as "hot" as you describe it as the 5000+ was HOT enough for it to randomly freeze. :p

that was way before I joined SJCAM but have heard stories. Every brand has a model that does do as well. Since I've been here, they have released many firmware versions which seems to have fixed earlier issues.

haven't heard too many SJ5000+ complaints, although, we sell 100,000's of thousands of SJ5000+.

To answer your wish, yes, it is gonna be Hotter than any version SJCAM has released ( i hope so as well :) )

I just asked the CEO and he said there are not any issues with Current 5000+. He also said there are Zero issues on the SJ5000x - which makes sense as it will be a totally different chip, firmware, etc.

Then you should take a look on the dedicated SJ5000 thread on RGC, i have sent you a private message with details.

Again, the only thing that the SJ5000+ and the SJ5000x wil have in common is name.

Everything else is totally different :)

We have a direct support email here: support@sjcamhd.com

I just asked the CEO and he said there are not any issues with Current 5000+. He also said there are Zero issues on the SJ5000x - which makes sense as it will be a totally different chip, firmware, etc.

Okay that is an outrageous statement - there are ZERO issues. To me as a consumer I would stay away from that like the plague because EVERYTHING has issues. Everything is a compromise to some degree and saying it has zero issues shows that your CEO is either out of his depth or lying.

Looking at the preliminary spec you have released I could name at least 2 problems that could plague your production. Second of all, there's a FAR bigger issue and that's this:

'The first batch will not have Sony IMX078 Lens'
'After the first batch of SJ5000x, SJCAM will ramp up production for the full spec SJ5000x with Sony IMX078 lens.'

That is a TERRIBLE way of releasing a new product and also claiming there are zero issues.

1) Why are you releasing a product with a different lens then changing it to a lens you are advertising?
2) Why are you claiming there are no issues if you have no idea as your first batch will have had a completely different lens?
3) No really, why are you changing lens after the first batch already?

It's incredibly worrying this is the approach you take to developing a new product.

It is called a Lens upgrade.... Sony's aren't ready yet. The SJCAM bosses, know you by the way :)

You still owe them $

So you are releasing a product 'with zero issues' and upgrading the lens and still claiming it will have zero issues.
Regarding you claiming we still owe them money - that's not the case - talk to Mandy.
Also if you want to be an asshole just be an asshole don't put a :) .

We will try our utmost to minimize the product issues.........

Okay, you can contact Mandy yourself :)

I am not an arse but, will not be bullied :) please keep the threads we create "relevant"

ie:

"If you also want to see the SJ5000x come to market, or, if you have any "Wish List" features you would like SJCAM to add to future releases, feel free to discuss them here."

Xie Xie

Your CEO must be living in a ideal world then, no problems you say ? Does he have an internet connection, does he read in English, than invite him to read: SJCam SJ5000 ***Owners Thread*** from the http://www.rcgroups.com/forums There are over 180 pages dedicated to the 5000 series, from which more then 100 are about how bad this camera is and how much trouble it is. Maybe you should make a visit there and explain to your customers that they have imagery problems with all the batches that you made and you do not support them anymore but hey at leas your lunching a newer sj5000, maybe they will be crazy enough to buy this also !

Again, the only thing that the SJ5000+ and the SJ5000x wil have in common is name.

Everything else is totally different :)

We have a direct support email here: support@sjcamhd.com

Yes, right, the famous support address to which no one replies, ever.

When did you email?

please send a screenshot.

We will hire more people to handle our busy email accounts if necessary.

We already have 3 people on the support@sjcamhd.com email.

SJCAM used to use a "3rd party" to market and provide tech support.

Again, our lines are open so shoot your tech support emails over.

Cheers!

yes, I saw your private message.

SJ5000+ and SJ5000x are "Distant cousins" please stop connecting them :)

There are "No new problems so far" - 1000pc limited edition units are still in testing phase.

And oh ya, I will be shooting some prototype pics shortly.

yes, sadly we do :(

Wow, SJ5000+ has that bad a rep? I am in the factory now daily and read support emails. SJ5000+ does have more issues than other models, but, not as bad as people on this thread are making it out to be.

Maybe We will start a "Direct" SJ5000+ plus support thread.

For SJ5000x, can you guys please voice your "Wishlist"?

Yes, the SJ5000x will be a stable product with full after-sales support.

Let's try to be constructive here as we have a direct-line to the SJCAM upper management.

Thanks!

I don't know that there's too many SJ5000_ users here anyway, you'd probably do better to field questions over on the RC Groups forum where the user base is much bigger for that type of product, sport cameras are the majority over there but very much the minority here

Thanks for the recommendation!

Actually, We have registered an account over there.

You guys are keeping us busy over here :)

Will field questions over there soon.

you don't see how people might think they are connected?
Looks like the only difference is that the '+' has been rotated 45 degrees to give 'x' !

Let's try to be constructive here as we have a direct-line to the SJCAM upper management.
People don't complain without a reason, some are more picky than others but if you want to be constructive then you have to listen to your customers instead of fighting them.

SJCAM used to use a "3rd party" to market and provide tech support.
I'm guessing they were not paid by the number of support calls and they got overwhelmed like that support thread has!

Looks like the only difference is that the '+' has been rotated 45 degrees to give 'x' !

People don't complain without a reason, some are more picky than others but if you want to be constructive then you have to listen to your customers instead of fighting them.

I'm guessing they were not paid by the number of support calls and they got overwhelmed like that support thread has!
'

I like that + -> x :)

About listening, Totally.... don't think we fought ..... if we did, apologies

3rd party, will not disclose, again, i am here......

And......

I already feel "overwhelmed" guys...... please be light on the "new" guy in town.

cheers!

Back