SJCAM SJ5000x Sony IMX078 Limited Edition Project Tentatively Scrapped?

I just passed your "wish list" and dream cam to our developers. There actually may be a good chance they will listen :) That is the only reason the SJ5000x is being produced :)

I just passed your "wish list" and dream cam to our developers. There actually may be a good chance they will listen :) That is the only reason the SJ5000x is being produced :)

Thank you for doing that! If it materializes, I'm buying it 100% for sure. The form factor is absolutely perfect. Now that you've also redesigned the waterproof case for button placement and put in the gyro coupled with the possible use of a Sony sensor, that would be an instant home run. It would be the top of the line camera in its price range for the specifications.

Thank you for doing that! If it materializes, I'm buying it 100% for sure. The form factor is absolutely perfect. Now that you've also redesigned the waterproof case for button placement and put in the gyro coupled with the possible use of a Sony sensor, that would be an instant home run. It would be the top of the line camera in its price range for the specifications.
Yes, speaking of the case, let me see if the new case has arrived and I will do a short review.

Thanks for reminding me.

Update:

The SJCAM SJ5000x Elite will now be released.

It should be released within the next week or so - SJ5000x Elite Pre-order

I'm looking forward to reviewing this model. If it does 4k at 24p and does it well I'm going to push it to all my filmmaker friends. I'm currently doing a series on filmmaking with the SJCams. Eken (and some others) are doing 4k at 10fps, a frame rate it's virtually unusable. Nikon has a camera with 4k at 15fps, again, unusable. The 24p frame rate will attract filmmakers like myself and if it's as good as your SJ4000, I'll make sure people in my circles know about. You will crush the competition at your price point.

-Nate

Can't wait. Someone at SJCam told me about another product coming to market, but I don't know when it will hit. I won't say what it is, but it will be awesome for what I do. I'll buy it ASAP!

Anything Ambarella based is at the mercy of GoPro when it comes to what functionality is allowed

Possibly. Only the SJ5000+ has Ambarella chipset. The SJ5000x will have NTK96660.

SJCAM SJ5000x Elite will begin shipping tonight. We will only ship 100 units tonight so please be patient for tracking number. We will email tracking once your order ships.

Orders will be shipped out in the order they were received.

Please do not bombard us with email or online chats regarding shipping as it will only slow the process down.

Hopefully, we should have all SJCamHd.com pre-orders shipped out by the weekend.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I'd update the title of this thread since you have released the SJ5000x Elite model with the Sony IMX078 sensor. If you're a casual browser of the forum, you first read that it's been tentatively scrapped, but indeed (as of Nov 3, 2015) it has been released in limited stock. Anyhow, the thread title is doing you a disservice in my opinion. As a sidenote, I really want the SJ5000x Elite! It looks awesome!

Question: Are any of the M10 series cameras going to get a Sony IMX078 sensor too? I prefer that form factor over the SJ4000/SJ5000 style cameras.

There is an unboxing review, UI & packaging pics here: http://www.sjcamhd.com/news/sjcam-sj5000x-elite-first-look/

@sjcam_official:

My friend did not released video. Few days after he updated camera, camera stopped to work. He emailed your support few times but he only got generic answers without proper answer. After that camera was returned to the seller. Obviously, still no progress on supporting the buyers.

No more sjcam for my friend and I also dont plan to buy it. Your camera is maybe good but support is really poor.

Cheers.

Hi,

I bought SJ5000+wifi 3x weeks ago, when it arrive I was surprised by quality of all support parts, case, packaging, etc.

first switch on shows that camera is not stable, all the time screen freeze, camera was more dead than alive.
First I upgraded it to 3.2+ firmware (multiple times) and then disassemble it and assemble carefully back, corrected all connections

Now it is more stable, screen dont freeze any more, if not to switch on WiFi.

If switch on WiFi it freze and not stable.

Message to SJ mgmt - guys spend little bit more $$$ and release GOOD product, otherwise you will loose market completely and all efforts to build BRAND will be lost

Message to design team - guys, please design it and test properly before product lunch.

Message to factory - please improve quality of assembling, more quality control need to be put in place.

Message to customers (future one) - you get what you pay for. Would it work like it should be it wouldn't cost cheap.

no miracles in other words :)

Message to SJ mgmt - guys spend little bit more $$$ and release GOOD product, otherwise you will loose market completely and all efforts to build BRAND will be lost

Message to design team - guys, please design it and test properly before product lunch.

Message to factory - please improve quality of assembling, more quality control need to be put in place.

Message to customers (future one) - you get what you pay for. Would it work like it should be it wouldn't cost cheap.

no miracles in other words :)

I have the beloved SJ4000 and have had no problem. I know they are trying to create a great brand and they don't need negative reviews, so I hope this gets resolved because .

-Nate

The SJ5000+ has been known to have some issues. The SJ5000x has a totally different chipset (NTK96660) and Sony Sensor. Although the SJ5000+ has Ambarella Chipset and 16mp panasonic sensor, it does have its issues.

If someone asks us which model we'd recommend, we always say SJ5000x Elite. The SJ5000x limited edition was a test batch and there will very few quality complaints.

We have shipped out 2000 units of the SJ5000x since the 11th, so we will probably be seeing many reviews shortly.

I really think SJ5000x can be a turning point for SJCAM.

Thanks for all of your support!

The SJ5000+ has been known to have some issues. The SJ5000x has a totally different chipset (NTK96660) and Sony Sensor. Although the SJ5000+ has Ambarella Chipset and 16mp panasonic sensor, it does have its issues.

If someone asks us which model we'd recommend, we always say SJ5000x Elite. The SJ5000x limited edition was a test batch and there will very few quality complaints.

We have shipped out 2000 units of the SJ5000x since the 11th, so we will probably be seeing many reviews shortly.

I really think SJ5000x can be a turning point for SJCAM.

Thanks for all of your support!

Hi SJCAM
Just wanted to remind you of this post you made a while ago:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...oject-tentatively-scrapped.13846/#post-180900

I believe your words were:

there are not any issues with Current 5000+. He also said there are Zero issues on the SJ5000x - which makes sense as it will be a totally different chip, firmware, etc.

I bought SJ5000
That itself smells like a problem already. I am unaware why people buy this camera. They usual go with , "its the latest and most expensive model, so its probably the best".
I returned mine before I even recorded anything with it few months ago.
It should be discontinued.

Back