SJCAM SJ6 Legend 16mp 4K* Action CAM - Mic Gyro Touch Screen

Was the touch screen accidentally pressed? or a side button? I have seen that before as well. I think it means that the camera is Recording..... We should probably update "Busy" to "Recording"

Going to test that for you...

Oh and one more thing. I also have a remote controller (wrist). I can switch the SJ6 off when it was on, but can't turn it on again with the remote control. That's pretty strange.

Oh and one more thing. I also have a remote controller (wrist). I can switch the SJ6 off when it was on, but can't turn it on again with the remote control. That's pretty strange.
Yes, we are confirming whether the remote supports power on function. Even we updated our description until we can confirm that it can also power on.

I dont think there is a gimbal between camera and quadcopter.

I'm having trouble updating my SJ6 to v1.2 firmware via the SJCAM Zone app. Once I'm connecting app to the camera, it downloads firmware from app to the camera, then the camera is shutting down and nothing happens. When I restart the camera, it still has v1.0 firmware. However, on the root folder of the memory card there's a bin file - seems like the fw file is there but the update doesn't happen for some reason. Any ideas?

I'm having trouble updating my SJ6 to v1.2 firmware via the SJCAM Zone app. Once I'm connecting app to the camera, it downloads firmware from app to the camera, then the camera is shutting down and nothing happens. When I restart the camera, it still has v1.0 firmware. However, on the root folder of the memory card there's a bin file - seems like the fw file is there but the update doesn't happen for some reason. Any ideas?
Okay, maybe try removing your memory card, then connect to app to upgrade? If you still cannot upgrade, please open a ticket

Denmark is flat like a pancake, tallest place here is like 120 M tall.

For SJ6 Legend, how to solve the problem when there is an error, DP Bright Adjust ?
Please advice

For SJ6 Legend, how to solve the problem when there is an error, DP Bright Adjust ?
Please advice
Can you please take a picture of this error? Which firmware version are you on?

Hi.. i just update my sj6 firmware after restart it will power up but i cant use the touch screen and the record button. I think i bricked my sj6. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance

Hi.. i just update my sj6 firmware after restart it will power up but i cant use the touch screen and the record button. I think i bricked my sj6. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance
Did you try to upgrade via the SJCAM App? Please do not update the traditional way with SD card. Thanks

Post borrowed from TechTronic9000....

SJCam SJ6 Firmware update guide and important notes! Please read the full post !!!

Preliminary information
1) This firmware will address the issue that a small number of cameras are affected by the impossibility of updating using the SJCam smartphone application.
2) This is also a firmware file update for offline (without application) update.
3) Before flashing the main firmware you firstly need to update the loader file so that new updates can be applied.

Update procedure

Step 1 - Loader update
- Copy the bin file with starts with “L” onto your card
- Insert the card into to device (if you are using a card reader)
- Power on the camera
- After the camera starts, turn it off, remove card, and delete loader file.
***NOTE: Your camera will now automatically update the firmware when it is connected with the SJCAM Zone app.

Step 2 - Offline firmware update
- Copy the SJCAM001.bin file on the SD card and turn on the camera
- After the camera starts, turn it offm remove the SD card and delete the firmware
***NOTE: Your camera will now automatically update the firmware when it is connected with the SJCAM Zone app.

Trips and tricks:
1) If you don't have a sd card reader you can use the SJ6 in mass storage, no need to take the card out
2) After loader or firmware update, when the camera starts, enter the menu, check the version and if it's ok the select format SD card from the menu, this will eliminate the need to take the card out and manually delete the firmware or loader files
3) It's important to format the SD card before the update, to avoid possible upgrade problems
4) It's a good idea to reset camera to defaults after the update to avoid errors from previous configuration settings.

Official change log

V1.2
1. Modify the TP touch sensitivity issue
2. Optimized TP touch, edge sliding
3. Press power button down longer to boot added
4. Hold OK down to fix pixilation; press OK button down longer to lengthen time
5. modify the link APP, enter the album playback, the camera will turn off when button is pressed
6. Modified icon when Time-lapse photo is selected, small screen shows it as continuous shooting

V1.1
1.Fixed purple frames issue
2.Optimized touch screen response sensitivity.

v1.0
1.resolved the resolutions not matching APP settings issue.

The files are available on the SJ6 group file section, they are going to be available on a public drive share later:
https://web.facebook.com/groups/1137604322953565/files/

Back