The first video with sjcam SJ6 recorded in the "Nikola Tesla" Museum in Belgrade, Serbia.

SJCAM SJ 6 Legend + Kingston SDCA3/64GB
firmware: 1.4.5
Resolution: 1080P 50fps
Bitrate: High (29.8 MB/s)
FOV: Narrow
Gyro: High
WDR: On
Sharpness: Normal
White Balance: Auto
Color: Normal
EV: +1/3
Metering: Spot
Distortion Correction: Off

Last edited:
I'm not finding a "Quick Capture" in the Settings menu.
Can someone do a walk through to set it up, or a video.
I see a "Quickly Photo" setting which takes one snapshot IF the Still Mode is set for the Power On Mode, but this does not start the recording of a video the Video Mode is set for the Power On Mode.

I have Firmware Version 1.4.5, and have just update the Android APP.

Nothing in the manual (a Manual for Version 1.4.3 is the latest one I can find).

RodeoGeorge

I have beta firmware for a SJ6 (v1.4.6) and SJ6 Air (v1.2.3). Please PM me or email to tony@sjcamhd.com for download link.

I did update to 1.4.6, hooked on the phone and SJCAM ZONE offered new firmware 1.4.7. Is there somewhere in the change log for 1.4.7?

I did update to 1.4.6, hooked on the phone and SJCAM ZONE offered new firmware 1.4.7. Is there somewhere in the change log for 1.4.7?

Checking now....

Check out my SJCAM Sj6 Legend time lapse field test video

Can you send us the original edited version download link so we can share on our social media? Thanks in advance!

Did you upgrade via Android or iOS? V1.4.7 has not been released yet. Can you share a picture of your SJ6 settings which says v1.4.7? Thanks!

I installed 1.4.7 version that offered me SJcamZone. The first thing I noticed no options LowLight. Instaled Android

20170531149621517177869.jpg

Last edited:
I went back 1.4.6 (everything went OK) and now SJcamZone not register now firmware 1.4.7. Who knows what I installed? Perhaps a firmware of other camera model. Then how the general camera work?

I installed 1.4.7 version that offered me SJcamZone. The first thing I noticed no options LowLight. Instaled Android

20170531149621517177869.jpg
Thanks for confirming. V1.4.7 has not be fully tested so it is not ready yet. Please stay with v1.4.6 for now.

Thanks!

Hello everybody,
looking to buy SJ6 for my first action cam, but I cannot shake of the feeling that SJ5000x Elite still records obviously better (much more details) daytime videos.
There are plenty older compare videos around between the two, but I guess SJ6 could improve with upgrades and produce comparable quality if not better...

I wonder if the video quality did really improve on latest firmware(s)?

I would like the touch screen, but it's hard to sacrifice the video quality, just to have better/faster navigation through menus.
If video quality is still lacking compared to Elite, I might just spend less and get Elite model.

Thanks & good day to all!

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
looking to buy SJ6 for my first action cam, but I cannot shake of the feeling that SJ5000x Elite still records obviously better (much more details) daytime videos.
There are plenty older compare videos around between the two, but I guess SJ6 could improve with upgrades and produce comparable quality if not better...

I wonder if the video quality did really improve on latest firmware(s)?

I would like the touch screen, but it's hard to sacrifice the video quality, just to have better/faster navigation through menus.
If video quality is still lacking compared to Elite, I might just spend less and get Elite model.

Thanks & good day to all!

The first batch of SJ6 of lens / sensor issues. Those units were returned for replacements. This Video was shot using v1.0 firmware in fact:

Back