if your phone supports it put it in airplane mode then turn wifi on so that cellular access remains off and then try the app again and see if you can access the camera ok

if your phone supports it put it in airplane mode then turn wifi on so that cellular access remains off and then try the app again and see if you can access the camera ok
Thanks jokiin. I just tried Airplane mode but it didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't help either.

Do you have access to something more recent you can test with? Earlier versions of Android can have issues when connecting to a wireless device that it assumes will have internet access but don't which causes the app to fail, some apps handle this ok but many don't

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is my only Android phone or tablet. Fortunately the iOS app still works fine. Perhaps SJCam should consider listing the minimum Android (and iOS) version required for WiFi operation.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is my only Android phone or tablet. Fortunately the iOS app still works fine. Perhaps SJCam should consider listing the minimum Android (and iOS) version required for WiFi operation.

it is possibly something that could be addressed in the app, not sure who does their app and what sort of skillset they have though

SJCAM V1.10 Changelog:SJCAM_SJ7_STAR-V1.10A_20170321_1741

1、Modified the FOV parameters
2、Fixed languages translations
3、Activating TV out won't enter in low power mode and turn screen off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SJCAM V1.09 修改内容:SJCAM_SJ7_STAR-V1.09A_20170316_2013

1, Added Slow Motion Video
2, Fixed a bug with the secondary menu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SJCAM V1.08 修改内容:SJCAM_SJ7_STAR-V1.08_20170316_1626

1.Included FOV
2.Modified SV icon
3.Updated translations
4.Fixed some UI and picture bugs

I just installed firmware version 1.09A. The app is version 5.1.2. I just checked the Android app using my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and unfortunately I'm getting the same result. The phone and camera connect and I get the app start screen but nothing more. The little wheel at the bottom of the app screen turns but nothing happens.

Just to make absolutely sure it's not a problem with my phone I checked my SJCam SJ4000, Dazzne P2 Plus and Elephone Explorer Pro with their respective apps. All worked fine.

Is anybody else having this problem with the combination of firmware version 1.09A and Android app version 5.1.2?

Our APP dev team are testing this now. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you. I overlooked this information. With that in mind I can't understand why the SJCam Zone app hasn't worked.
Can you maybe shoot a video of exactly what happens and PM me? We will try to add support for your model as it is an earlier model. Hopefully, we can fix this in next app release (if it is compatibility issue).

SJCAM V1.11 Changelog:SJCAM_SJ7_STAR-V1.11A_20170321_1741

1.Fixed the conflict between FOV and EIS
2.Fixed the bug involving Slow Motion and Video Lapse
3.Optimized App settings

SJCAM V1.10 修改内容:SJCAM_SJ7_STAR-V1.10A_20170321_1741

1、Updated the FOV angles
3、When enter TV mode, unit will not enter into power save mode (Screen keeps on)

1.Included FOV
2.Modified SV icon
3.Updated translations

3.Optimized App settings

1、Updated the FOV angles
3、When enter TV mode, unit will not enter into power save mode (Screen keeps on)

1.Included FOV
2.Modified SV icon
3.Updated translations

thanks for these updates mate, awesome to see changelogs too, it would be nice to see these changelogs published on the official website when the stable releases are finally pushed out. though i can understand if it's just too much to publish. nevertheless, great job :)

3.Optimized App settings

1、Updated the FOV angles

1.Included FOV
2.Modified SV icon
3.Updated translations

The FOV option disappeared on the V1.11.

3.Optimized App settings

1、Updated the FOV angles

1.Included FOV
2.Modified SV icon
3.Updated translations
Can I please verify what is the latest firmware? In response to a support ticket requesting the latest firmware, SJCam sent me version 1.09A. That was on March 28th. But in fact the latest firmware is version 1.11A and, presuming the string of numbers 20170321 is the date, it was issued a week before SJCam's response to my support ticket?

EDIT: Beta testing is new to me. I still can't figure out where I get the latest firmware. It's in the private forum? Okay, which posting? Is it the one posted yesterday by SJCam in the "Real Time SJ7 Star Error Suggestion Form" discussion thread, the one with the link to Mega?

Last edited:
Can you maybe shoot a video of exactly what happens and PM me? We will try to add support for your model as it is an earlier model. Hopefully, we can fix this in next app release (if it is compatibility issue).
Now it works fine! I did absolutely nothing to the phone - changed no settings or anything else - but now the app works fine. Bizarre.o_O

Back