I am going for a selfie walk later today with the great dane dog, i have not walked it since Christmas, so hopefully it remember to be a good dog around me.
So 1080/60 gyro on will get a good workout soon.

why m20 can do it, i just need raw picture on sj7, Would be unfair if sj7 have not this.
Hello, we may not be able to add RAW due to limited memory on the Ambarella chipset. Things like RAW, WDR, Fisheye correction, Gyro on higher resolutions than 1080p are all currently limitations with this Ambarella A12 chipset. We are constantly working on a solution to add these features. Our tester's google doc has many suggestions that we can hopefully get to soon. Still trying to iron out major issues in the firmware. V1.13 make big improvements from its predecessors.

why m20 can do it, i just need raw picture on sj7, Would be unfair if sj7 have not this.
A lot of work is tied to the platform itself so even if SJCAM wanted to add it, it may not be possible because of Ambarella. If Ambarella released updated source code then it could be done etc

A lot of work is tied to the platform itself so even if SJCAM wanted to add it, it may not be possible because of Ambarella. If Ambarella released updated source code then it could be done etc
I think the manufacturer should throw away some unnecessary options, such as slowmotion. It's almost unnecessary. I can totally shoot video at high fps (60, 120) then edit on computer. It is a lot better than choosing an option on the device.
While options like raw piture, or color choices for video are not available.

I think the manufacturer should throw away some unnecessary options, such as slowmotion. It's almost unnecessary. I can totally shoot video at high fps (60, 120) then edit on computer. It is a lot better than choosing an option on the device.
While options like raw piture, or color choices for video are not available.
I guess you have a point, and it should be labelled correctly in the user guide as such - that the 120fps is equivalent to slow motion etc.

I guess you have a point, and it should be labelled correctly in the user guide as such - that the 120fps is equivalent to slow motion etc.
I think most people who use action camera know this.
And there are a problem as iso alternative as does not work in video selection, I can not interfere with the iso selection,

I am a loyal fan of sjcam.I used SJ5000 +, M20, and now SJ7. There is a problem that the manufacturer just tries to put in a lot of options, without actually figuring out what the user really needs and wants. so I would like manufacturers to listen to feedback from consumers, thus offering better, more useful updates.

I am a loyal fan of sjcam.I used SJ5000 +, M20, and now SJ7. There is a problem that the manufacturer just tries to put in a lot of options, without actually figuring out what the user really needs and wants. so I would like manufacturers to listen to feedback from consumers, thus offering better, more useful updates.
That's deep, lot of information but no facts. So what do they need to add to the firmware? mic quality? so that they can listen better. Facts would help.

That's deep, lot of information but no facts. So what do they need to add to the firmware? mic quality? so that they can listen better. Facts would help.
I mentioned above, you can pull up to read

I think its better to do the slow motion in the camera instead of recording in 120 FPS and then slow that down in post production, this way the 30 FPS slow motion output of the camera i can handle with any simple editing software where as some software and hardware have problem with handling 120 FPS footage.

The SJ7 microphone are really sensitive at its default 80% setting, i often turn it little down as i don't need to record a needle fall onto a hardwood floor.

Sadly the Sj7 cant output raw photos, i am not sure it ever will as it is a limitation in the hardware used to build the SJ7, if you really need megapixel raw photos i suggest you use the Sj6 legend as it can do that just fine.

It is a trade off the sj6 don't do real 4K video, but have raw photo, the Sj7 don't do raw photo but have real 4K video.
It is sad we cant have both now, but that we will probably get with the next SJ camera.

Any one else seen this? I wonder how much improvememt the audio is the SJ7.2 ? Anyone here have the version2? or both version for comparison.

17879929_1414715641927628_660051261379882352_o.jpg

depending on how you are recording the mic at the top could be closer to your mouth while recording....

@sjcam_official :

something about a better frame.....like this??

i needed such a frame really bad, i would take 2 or 3 if u make some of these for the 7star!

Attachments

• 1446662276791-P-3158221.jpg
    1446662276791-P-3158221.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 22
Hallo,

reading since a few month this side day by day. I now finally got my SJ7 Star an I`m glad with it. But I´ve still some questions:

- is it possible, to get the TV Signal out of the USB-Port?
- which size is the HDMI? The www says mini and micro....
- there has been somewhere a TV cable being mentioned. Can´t find it anymore. Which one is recommended?
- I´m looking for spare Batteries. Can´t find any for SJ7. The batteries for SJ6 won´t fit?

Last @sjcam_official: could you please ad me to private testers forum!?

THX everyone....

Microphones and Sound

I haven't posted in these forums for some time. Since I got my SJ7 Star a few months ago I have been posting on the "Official" SJCam forums - BTW I have no idea why there are now two entirely separate forums in different parts of the SJCam support site - with different information and seemingly different moderators and members - but Hey-Ho!

Anyway I have now been reading the back information here and there seem to be some active and interested users of the SJ7 here too. When I got the SJ7Star one of the features which appealed was the potential to use an external microphone. One of the downsides of my SJ5000x Elite was the poor sound and inability to use external mics. I already had a GoPro compatible mic with a Mini-USB connector so assumed this could be used on the SJ7. As most people know this isn't possible. Only the SJCam mics can be used!

When I got the SJ7 however I was very impressed with the recorded sound from the Internal mic (now even better in current firmware v1.13) but anyway I went ahead with ordering the dedicated SJ7/SJ6/M20 standard (short neck) mic. It didn't worry me that this was on a long slow delivery from China via GearBest as it wasn't now so urgent. However when it finally arrived, a couple of days ago and I started testing, I was amazed how much worse this was then the Internal Mic!!! The playback volume is much lower at the same recorded level and the quality is really bad - no depth and tinny sound - even when played back on a good sound system!

Has anyone had good experience of using the external Microphone? I have tried it in all ways I can think of. At all different volumes - with the foam windscreen Off or On - with the Microphone Volume OFF in case this turned on the external Mic (it doesn't) - with the simple plastic mounting frame on or off, in case this meant the usb didn't quite push in far enough, no difference (BTW this frame covers the internal mic but doesn't hardly decrease the volume or quality at all).

There doesn't seem to be a place in any of the Menus to turn on the External Mic. Is there anything else that I can do? Has anyone had any success with this Microphone? Otherwise I'll just throw it in a drawer and wait until either SJCam improve firmware so that this Mic is better than the internal one or I am able to use a different Non-SJCam microphone directly via usb or via a usb/mic jack adaptor.

Disappointed!

no other mic will work?

whats about this?

Attachments

• mic.JPG
    mic.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
Microphones and Sound

I haven't posted in these forums for some time. Since I got my SJ7 Star a few months ago I have been posting on the "Official" SJCam forums - BTW I have no idea why there are now two entirely separate forums in different parts of the SJCam support site - with different information and seemingly different moderators and members - but Hey-Ho!

Anyway I have now been reading the back information here and there seem to be some active and interested users of the SJ7 here too. When I got the SJ7Star one of the features which appealed was the potential to use an external microphone. One of the downsides of my SJ5000x Elite was the poor sound and inability to use external mics. I already had a GoPro compatible mic with a Mini-USB connector so assumed this could be used on the SJ7. As most people know this isn't possible. Only the SJCam mics can be used!

When I got the SJ7 however I was very impressed with the recorded sound from the Internal mic (now even better in current firmware v1.13) but anyway I went ahead with ordering the dedicated SJ7/SJ6/M20 standard (short neck) mic. It didn't worry me that this was on a long slow delivery from China via GearBest as it wasn't now so urgent. However when it finally arrived, a couple of days ago and I started testing, I was amazed how much worse this was then the Internal Mic!!! The playback volume is much lower at the same recorded level and the quality is really bad - no depth and tinny sound - even when played back on a good sound system!

Has anyone had good experience of using the external Microphone? I have tried it in all ways I can think of. At all different volumes - with the foam windscreen Off or On - with the Microphone Volume OFF in case this turned on the external Mic (it doesn't) - with the simple plastic mounting frame on or off, in case this meant the usb didn't quite push in far enough, no difference (BTW this frame covers the internal mic but doesn't hardly decrease the volume or quality at all).

There doesn't seem to be a place in any of the Menus to turn on the External Mic. Is there anything else that I can do? Has anyone had any success with this Microphone? Otherwise I'll just throw it in a drawer and wait until either SJCam improve firmware so that this Mic is better than the internal one or I am able to use a different Non-SJCam microphone directly via usb or via a usb/mic jack adaptor.

Disappointed!
I guess you've received a faulty external microphone unit. I've recently got same issue from one of our customers, the mic he sent back recorded really bad and crackling sound, replaced to another unit which turned out to provide better and clearer sound than the internal mic (which is really good indeed).

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Back