Small Dash Cam

Theweekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

Looking for a new dash cam (Small) ive had a mini 0805 but will be returning it tomorrow die to some problems,

Ideally want something thats around the same size as the mini, just wondering what else is on the market at the momment

Thanks

Go for a Blackvue i just purchased one A DR650 1ch works a treat

A blackvue is way out of my budget as this would be my first dash cam, so rather not spend that much.

Never hear of street guardian. Are they good?

Hi never looked at a Guadian but the Blackview is a lot bigger than the mini that's for sure and more exspensive , but you do get a good camera and it's easy to set up

May be good picture also got to go for quality
Agreed, so why did you buy BlackVue? They're well designed, with good form factor, good feature list, etc. But sadly marred by sub-par video quality relative to price, under-developed firmware, mediocre reliability, & abysmal worldwide after-sales support*.

It's shocking that Russian hackers had to write better firmware in order to make BlackVue DashCams deliver the video quality that BlackVue couldn't be bothered to deliver themselves. I think that shows contempt for their customers, & an 'it's not perfect but it'll do' approach.

If you want to know about quality, browse the Street Guardian threads, & look at the feedback from customers & the SG response to the feedback. As for after-sales support, see ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/any-hope-for-this-gps-logger-windshield-replaced-ugh.15878/

Can you imagine BlackVue reacting similarly to a customer's problem that isn't BlackVue's responsibility? No chance!

* with the exception of BlackVue Australia who participate here & are helpful

I bought a Blackvue for its build quality and I get good back up for it , so that's my decision end of story !!!

I bought a Blackvue for its build quality and I get good back up for it , so that's my decision end of story !!!

According to Post #2 above, you've just bought it now, so it's way too soon to comment on quality & back up. But do keep us posted on how you feel about it over the coming months :)

Just purchased a Delkin 64gb Sd card formatted in the dr650 and its spot on very good picture and no problems with this card

I went for the Blackvue for its form factor / design.. and my perceived idea of the WiFi feature. The WiFi did not live up to my expectations and having just watched the side by side night video......ouch.. But the form factor is still a better fit in my vehicle... and ever the optimist.. the WiFi feature may.. get better

And.. my dealer (in Calgary AB) has been without fault.

Was set on the street guardian untill I saw the external screen which I really dont like and more work to put that some where

You could probably get the SG9665GC, it's slighty bigger than the Mini but still pretty darn small.

I was looking to get myself a Vantrue R1 Pro as my first dash cam for the small size and high end materials. My wife actually ended up getting me a VuPro UR004 for christmas. It is very compact, completely hidden behind my rear view mirror which I love. It's been great so far. The quality is quite good and I'm happy with the cam thus far. I had never heard of the brand before but no complaints.

Anyone else ever use a VuPro product?

haven't seen this product under this name before but I know the factory these come from, their product is generally pretty decent

JADO D168S Mini Dashcam , JADO BRAND GUARANTEE
upload_2015-12-31_14-29-53.png

Back