dash cam in a small black mesh pouch, is this a good way to make it stealthy behind rearview mirror?

S

SandraWIhan

I've been looking for ways to make my dash cam more stealthy. Due to the angle of my windshield and the way the rearview mirror and wiper rain sensor are mounted, I'm having the hardest time finding a solution. I came across this thing below:

this picture shows a transponder(EZPass) hidden in one of these things.... they also make it in a few different sizes, ranging from $3 to $6. Just have to choose the right size for the dash cam. Or I guess I can just make one myself...

Just have to cut a tiny round hole so the lens can see out. Or even a small rectangular hole in the back for dash cams with built-in screens. Since it's mesh material, the dash cam will still get plenty of air circulation.

Anybody thinks this is a good idea?

UmQfUAF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As it is now, without holes in front, whole picture looks solid. As soon as you cut hole for lens, - it will stand out from solid picture and will be instantly noticeable.

As it is now, without holes in front, whole picture looks solid. As soon as you cut hole for lens, - it will stand out from solid picture and will be instantly noticeable.

I measured my EZPass against my dash cam's lens. It will only require a hole no larger than the diameter of AAA batteries. (see the small black circle at the bottom center of the "after" picture.
UmQfUAF.jpg

If mounted as pictured, you're going to have a lot of camera movement when the car changes speed or directions. Still, if the pouch is cheap, it couldn't hurt to try and let us know the results.

KuoH

If mounted as pictured, you're going to have a lot of camera movement when the car changes speed or directions. Still, if the pouch is cheap, it couldn't hurt to try and let us know the results.

KuoH

assumed he just wants to wrap the camera, not use it as a mount

Back