so which evidence would you prefer.

Nice bit of DIY :)

I can't work out why the 1st image is so bad, it's as though you need a CPL to remove the reflection but as there is no sun there shouldn't be much reflection.

Rear%200803%20%281%29.jpg
I don't know why Nigel, but your second picture has this Elan valley smell about it...It's almost if I could hear the Caban-Coch running.

Untitled36.png

enhanced by vlc the night footage is absolutely amazing and leagues above a camera mounted behind a tinted glass..

About 10 times better than my usual image here....

I don't know why Nigel, but your second picture has this Elan valley smell about it...It's almost if I could hear the Caban-Coch running.
Just a quick stop on my way home as there is a decent amount of water coming over the top at this time of year :)

I normally go over the mountain instead of up the valley though:

Thank you. A brilliant example of what I want to do with a dashcam.

Of course with all this oncoming traffic, privacy of the other users is an evident issue.

Just a quick stop on my way home as there is a decent amount of water coming over the top at this time of year :)

I normally go over the mountain instead of up the valley though:

This Wales landscape reminds me a Wicklow mountains here in Ireland.

There are a couple of other major advantages to external fitted lens...

Bit rate increases to very high levels giving a much better image...

And you don't get problems when the sun shines directly into the lens..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png

and this the same image from a g1wh mounted internally.

Untitlekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.png

Last edited:
there's a couple of remote lens solutions being worked on now including a couple of waterproof external types, they don't suit every install but for the ones that they can work for it's certainly an option to consider

there's a couple of remote lens solutions being worked on now including a couple of waterproof external types, they don't suit every install but for the ones that they can work for it's certainly an option to consider
If your actually going to safely record a rear impact onto memory card with the lens in that position then having the camera remote from the lens would seem very wise!

If your actually going to safely record a rear impact onto memory card with the lens in that position then having the camera remote from the lens would seem very wise!

yeah the modded cam used in this case is nice proof of concept hack but not something you'd want under normal circumstances

Mine is remote from the camera...but ideally, as I ve mentioned before, the lens should be roof mounted in a sharks fin for best view and protection from elements/crash.

If its the best images available you want, I no longer see any point to buying something that fits behind a tinted reflective screen and when I get time out in the evening, I will post a night time video which is where this really demonstrates its quality...

Full colour and detail at night is better than anything I ve seen from any dashcam...

Mine is remote from the camera...but ideally, as I ve mentioned before, the lens should be roof mounted in a sharks fin for best view and protection from elements/crash.

I think Nigel was trying to point out that if you got hit from behind the camera and possibly the evidence is susceptible, not just the lens, solutions being worked on use send/receive chipsets so the same type of setup would be possible anything up to about 10m from the data so much less chance of problems

I think Nigel was trying to point out that if you got hit from behind the camera and possibly the evidence is susceptible, not just the lens, solutions being worked on use send/receive chipsets so the same type of setup would be possible anything up to about 10m from the data so much less chance of problems
Not only does the camera want to be on the safe side of the crumple zone, but it needs to be able to cope with loosing the data connection to the lens when the sensor gets squished and save what it did receive to memory card, if it locks up when the data connection fails and then doesn't flush the buffers then the whole incident may never get onto the memory card.

Not only does the camera want to be on the safe side of the crumple zone, but it needs to be able to cope with loosing the data connection to the lens when the sensor gets squished and save what it did receive to memory card, if it locks up when the data connection fails and then doesn't flush the buffers then the whole incident may never get onto the memory card.

can appreciate all everyone is saying...

but isn't it time these cameras did away with sd cards and developers recognise we all have smart phones on us that could upload to cloud directly killing many pitfalls of sd limitations in one.

or simply store on the phone...

can appreciate all everyone is saying...

but isn't it time these cameras did away with sd cards and developers recognise we all have smart phones on us that could upload to cloud directly killing many pitfalls of sd limitations in one.

that would introduce far more problems than you're trying to avoid

what can I say

"I HAD A DREAM" !!!!!

Back