So who can tell me what's wrong in this clip?

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
he could be ticketed for not having his parking lights on (even though he's obviously lit), and parking with the head end the wrong way (based on how the other cars were parked). oh, and public intoxication, too. :p

were you parking to go check on him?

So that poor guy had an epileptic fit outside the train station - those three folks in the video clocked him and carried on walking.

He had pretty severe head injuries (it was like a horror film) and luckily within less than ten mins of me calling we had an ambulance on site. Initially they were worried of an RTA or that he'd been attacked but after 40 mins as he came to he said he was epileptic. I told the police about the footage if it turned out something untoward had happened but he wasn't sure what a dashcam was but they have my details.

I just don't get how people can leave people in that state. Even as I was helping him to his feet and blood was everywhere a car almost knocked him clean over as they couldn't be bothered to wait.

It just makes you feel for these folks that they have conditions like this yet they can't rely on anyone as they could be thought to be a drunk!

some folks wear bracelets or have prominent tattoos on their wrists to alert first responders to any medical conditions they may have, such as epilepsy or any severe allergies, esp drug allergies.

my father-in-law, Gus, had a big tattoo on his right wrist with the universal medical symbol of the red 6-point cross with the snake & staff, and the word DIABETIC below it. It helped out when he nearly blacked out behind the wheel (thankfully at only about 15 mph, and a tow truck driver was able to safely stop him using his truck), and as soon as the tow truck driver saw the tat he instantly knew Gus wasn't drunk, but was having a Diabetic reaction due to too much insulin or not enough food (Gus was bad about checking his sugars regularly). Gus was awake/aware enough to tell the driver he had some candy in his bag in the trunk in case of this type of situation. The driver had already called the cops with his cell or radio because he thought Gus was drunk, so when they got there they just gave Gus a once-over and made sure he was OK and sent everyone on their way (once Gus had some sugar in him and he was alert again). Gus didn't mind the small scratches and dented license plate on his front bumper because he knew it could have been a LOT worse. We didn't get the info on the tow truck driver but would have liked to thank him for his actions.

as for people being impatient.. i know how you feel. i went to get my wife after she was rear-ended, and i myself nearly got run over at the accident scene because people didn't have enough sense to slow the F down when there's obviously two badly smashed cars blocking the road, one of which is halfway into the median.

The gene pool could use some chlorine. Maybe we should install big spikes on the steering wheel instead of a fluffy airbag so people would drive a little more carefully.

Nice real world Panorama X2 night example. Good thing they weren't in the middle of the road completely.

hehe :D drinking and driving is a bad idea, but so is sleeping on a road at night.

When i was a kid / teen i often couldent make it all the way home, but back then most cellars in apartment blocks was open, and when you are drunk a concrete floor between some bicycles is just fine to sleep on.

Thank god i ditched that habbit before it got too bad, but no doubt in the end of my drinking career i was a aspiring Darwin award candidate :rolleyes:

back in my sophomore year of high school (which would be about 20 years ago) the guy in the desk to the right of me had an epileptic seizure during class. at first i thought he was being goofy as usual, since he slowly turned his head towards me and had a dumb grin on his face with his eyes half closed, but then he started convulsing and fell over to his right, and HARD. the side of his head slammed into the desk in the next row on his way to the floor - split his earlobe, and i'm sure he had a hell of a knot on his head. his feet almost hit me on their way up as he fell over. thankfully one of his close friends who knew how to deal with it was also in the class with us, so she took over - had us get him on his stomach so he didn't choke, and had us all clear the desks out of the way while he flailed around on the ground, so he couldn't hurt himself any more than he already had, while someone else ran for the school nurse.

the simple fact that i remember that much detail over 20 years later shows how much of an impact it had on me. and having seen a seizure up close and personal, i can easily believe that your guy might have sustained those injuries even without anyone else hitting or shoving him. he could have easily fallen over while walking along, bounced his head off the curb and flailed/rolled himself into the street before essentially passing out. he's lucky you found him so quickly to stop/minimize the bleeding.

A guy on the street like that is a normal scene in San Francisco. No one would have even bothered checking on him since for sure it would be a drunk person.

6824930606_1757efef8f_z.jpg

This drunk fell off his wheel chair and hit his head on the car's bumper.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ngine-1-the-busiest-5859683.php#photo-7075903

920x920.jpg

I can understand it in cities as I guess people get used to it but this is a small village in a good area so this was something they don't see very often at all.

You'd have thought that seeing someone on the floor passed out in a pool of blood - dressed respectably with a major head wound and not smelling of booze would have made someone stop instead of walking on by though.

The bloke at the front had been looking at the guy - looked at me sheepishly and then just carried on. I'm looking forward to seeing him again so I can have a chat.

Not a dashcam, but relevant to this topic. This was 7.45 on a summers evening. The guy staggered around like that for ages before hitting the ground. He was eventually taken away by ambulance.

Blimey he'd been drinking his sorrows for sure!

Remind me of a "friend" i had when i was a teen, his father was a alcoholic, and on the really hefty nights he would crawl on all four home from the local bar.
And that was a distance of 4-500 M so his knees was pretty messed up when he got home, leaving a blood trail up the stairs to the 2 floor apartment.

Sad story, alcohol killed the father, drugs killed the son. ( or so im told, broke off connection to that guy before he got that far out )

PS. what is with ppl when they are drunk, the back allways arc back and never forward ? its like ppl stagger along and look up asking " god what have i done to deserve this"

When you're really drunk you fall differently in that you just kind of flop down and don't seize up or try to fall differently.

I fell down a flight of stairs when I was 21 - I was as pi$$ed as a fart and I had a massive haematoma. I couldn't drive for six months and the docs said to me if I'd have been sober I'd have more than likely shattered my back and been in a right old state!

Back