Solved: My Yi doesn't boot anymore

zwybel

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
YI a.c. 23L
Have a problem with my Yi Action Cam (Z23L, stock FW 1.2.13).

After about 4 weeks of disuse , I put a fully charged battery in and tried to boot, but nothing happend. So I used another fully charged battery, nothing. So I used my smartphone charger (with and without battery installed), same result.

Someone at Facebook told me to presse all buttons for longer period of time, nothing. Then I tried pressing all two button combination for around a minute no sign of life.

Also tried with/without/another microSD, all the same.

Anyone here have an idea how I can bring my cam back to life?

Thank you guys.

Some kind of, yes. Didn't change anything. Maybe she's angry cause I'm thinking of buying her big brother aka Yi 2 [emoji83]

Good news, my cam is up running :)

What I did:
1. Removed 52mm filter
2. Removed front cover
3. Pushed power button
4. Woohoo, cam was booting

So I assembled everything, pushed power button and... nothing

Once again step 1. to 4., assembled everything except 52mm filter, pushed the power button and cam boots up. Fine, time to put the 52mm filter on and after this step I wasn't able to shut down via power button - time to redo step 1. to 4.

Then I installed the 52mm filter onto front plate before installing it to cam case. After that I reassembled front cover, push power button and cam was booting \o/.

I think, I have a same problem like you. Every time when I turn on my camera, it sounds only one beep and then no reaction. I tried your way but it still have a problem. Can you please help me? :(:(

I think I have the same problem with my xiaomi YI. After a few weeks of desuse, every time I try to turn on the camera, it gives me only one beep and nothing happens. At first, I tought the camera was bricked, so I tryed several times the short-circuit and... nothing. I had already given up of the camera, until suddenly, on a beautiful sunny day, I tried to turn on the camera and it worked! It worked the whole week and stopped working again :(
Could you explain with more details the steps you've followed to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the poor english.

Adrian

Back