Some outstanding questions

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(I hope no-one objects to a new thread but I fear some of my questions got buried in threads that already had some answers...) To summarise:

1) Keeping different menu settings: Comments about a second card has set me thinking. On my old system, many of the user preference settings were stored on the card, so could I have one card for lower bitrate journeys and a second one for track usage and swap the settings just by changing cards. Would that work?

2) Does the screen stay on all the time or does it turn itself off - or can it be turned on and off manually?

3) If I order the Duo, will it record for the forward camera only if the rear camera is not plugged in (my current non-Viofo unit wont!)?

4) And how much adjustment is there in the horizontal plane of the cameras - in particular the rear camera (my current rear camera worked fine in a hatchback but in my current car with a steeply raked front and rear screen I had to pad up the front of the camera mount in order to get a good horizontal view)?

Many thanks for all replies so far...

1. Settings are stored in the camera, not the card.

2. It turns off, and there is a setting to configure how fast, from a few seconds minimum.

3. Yes, it works fine on its own, as a single camera.

4. Plenty of adjustment for the vertical position of the image (rotation around the horizontal left-right axis) for most vehicles. I think the rear for the A129 is slightly lacking for a vertical window if it is mounted on the glass, unlike the A139 which can be rotated 360 and more. You can of course use a wedge for more, or mount it on the ceiling instead of the glass and configure the 180 degree image rotation, which gives more options.

Thanks Both. Getting close to ordering now.... Or should I look at the A139....

Thanks Both. Getting close to ordering now.... Or should I look at the A139....
A139 is 2K front resolution, which is about best for recording accident data since it does best at minimising motion blur, especially at night, but it doesn't make the best movies, that goes to the A129 Pro.

So which you choose depends on what you want...

Thanks once again Nigel. An A129 Pro Duo now on order.... First job will be to check it can position in a good place by my quite large interior mirror!

Back