Some post-purchase questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my camera arrived last night and I stayed up late playing with it. The suction mount has yet to arrive, so it's haphazard "prop it up" for now. It's got the 0.44 firmware.

But I have a bunch of newbe questions already….

My goal is to have it power up in photo mode, and take a timestamped picture every N seconds.

To that end, I modified the config file and reloaded it. [Clever scheme for doing so, BTW…] Here are relevant sections:

Code:
Video Mode 1 resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:1080p,1:720p
Video Mode 1 Frame Rate=[2];Movie frame rate setting,1:60fps (only for 720p), 2:30fps
Video Mode 2 resolution=[1];Movie resolution setting,0:1080p,1:720p
Video Mode 2 Frame Rate=[1];Movie frame rate setting,1:60fps (only for 720p),2:30fps

Photo Mode Capture Size=[0];set photo size,0:2304x1536,1:1920x1080,2:1280x720
Set Time Lapse Shooting=[3],0:off,1:0.25s,2:0.5s,3:1s,4:2s,5:5s,6:10s,7:30s,8:60s

Movie cycle time=[2];movie cycle time,0:3 minutes,1:5 minutes,2:10 minutes,3:15 minutes,4:max to 4G byte,
Movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off,0:off,1:on,
Time stamp=[1];set date/time stamp on or off,0:off,1:on,
Movie sound=[1];set movie sound,0:mute,1:on,
Movie Flip=[0];set movie rotate,0:off,1:on,
Movie quality=[1];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:Super,1:Standard,2:Low,
Movie high dynamic range=[0];set movie high dynamic range,0:off,1:on,

Power on=[1];set system  power on time,0:delay,1:fast
Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0:off,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
Auto Record=[0];set connect or disconnect with power to start or stop video recording automatically,,0:off,1:on,
LED=[1];set LED flicker when recording,0:off,1:on,
Charge from USB Host=[0]; when connecting with USB host, charge camera or not,0:on,1:off

Here's what I've found out I don't understand from RTFMing the manual page & watching it work.

1. Why doesn't it start out with the top-LED as red when I plug in USB power?
  2. What should the top and rear LEDS show while grabbing shots every N seconds? While stopped?
  3. Will the shutter button stop and re-start the "every N" photo function?
  4. How do I get timestamps in the photos?

Enlightenment welcomed.

What are dash camera make / models ?

Best way to draw more attention to your questions / proposals is to post them in the main "Mobius" thread.
"Isotrop" ( one of developers team support ) will help you.

I think the Time-Lapse will be never implemented, maybe is a chipset limitation.
Time-Lapse.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Do you mean autostarting of time lapse?
That's disappointing.

Your screenshot has more data that I did not know, that I can not get date stamps on the jpg's either.

(Alas that utility is not available to me since it's Windows-based.)

I thought the date stamp was only available in certain photo resolutions/time lapse intervals. Check the manual. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Last edited:
From http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

•Time Lapse photos with delays between images of .25*, .5*, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 second intervals.
* Note: The settings below 1 sec. require a photo frame size of 1920x1080 or smaller, and they will not have a date stamp even if it is turned on.

Back