Someone wasn't paying attention on a roundabout today

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many

There's swearing in there as I realise there was nowhere to safely pull over - the police have all my details anyway should the footage be required but it's just a minor shunt and the cars were gone very quickly.

You can see the driver of the black Peugeot raising his arms as they stick their hazards on - not sure what they were expecting seeing as they just hit the back of the other car!!

Seeing as I had three dashcams running it has to be the most documented shunt ever seen.

Last edited:
We'v e all made that mistake and although, in the eyes of the law, the Peugeot driver was at fault, I blame the driver of the silver car, looked like a Skoda. He/she moved off and then stopped again, even though there was ample opportunity to pull out. It's so frustrating.

Last edited:
No chance mate, the driver of the Peugeot should have double checked in front of him before planting it like they did there - they were in a rush and too busy watching the car at the side and they started accelerating while that little Skoda was not even moving if you look at the wheels.

It's a bit of a funky roundabout as there is just the one set of lights at just one of the motorway exit junctions, so you tend to get a pretty steady stream of cars coming either through them or the other junction. With the tailbacks they can get on that bit it could use some more lights as you can get stuck there for a while.

If the Skoda had been sat there ages they might have been getting frustrated but it's not like they were hesitating for long - they were only sat there for four seconds before they got rammed up the arse!

We'v e all made that mistake and although, in the eyes of the law, the Peugeot driver was at fault, I blame the driver of the silver car, looked like a Skoda. He/she moved off and then stopped again, even though there was ample opportunity to pull out. It's so frustrating.
I've watched that vid umpteen times & still cannot see that skoda moving. I've concentrated on the wheels and even on it's distance from the give way lines.
The pug driver was too busy watching the car on his offside/cars on the roundabout instead of watching what was going on in front of him.

looks like the pug went just because the rav4 did. seen people run red lights because the turn lane got the green but straight did not, but when someone in the straight lane saw the car on his left go (because it was turning), he went too... and usually either cause a wreck or a close call since the opposite left turn lane also has a green...

To me, I'm guessing the little car couldn't see the traffic in the roundabout very well-- the RAV4 is a taller car, and when it pulled up alongside, it would have partially blocked the view of traffic for the little car. And as soon as the RAV4 advanced, the little car wouldn't have been able to see a thing.

I can understand the Peugot being frustrated at the little car not moving in front of him, but, well, that's why you've got to watch the traffic ahead of you. 100% the Peugot's fault. At least it's a minor collision, probably not much damage, probably no injuries.

I've been close to doing that myself and if I had would have to have said 100% my fault. He expected the car in front to move and they didn't, far too focussed on the gaps approaching on the roundabout and not notice another drivers movement (or lack of in this case)

Back