Something is not right........ 'Tis now!

Working on FW updating is my priority job now.

If you add an optional startup delay for the capacitor version it will fix the problem for people that have accessory power that cuts while cranking

Now current have power off delay on FW and the GUI,
Will see how to add it.

Street Guardian's point about a startup delay is a valid one to avoid possible malfunction over a period of time, but this is not the issue in my case as I demonstrated in my post Tuseday when I used a powerbank instead of the car's battery. I have also tried connecting the power cable to the C3 after the engine is running with no change in the recording errors.

Here is the log of further tests today. These were made at home using the camera battery only. Please note the following observations:

1 Camera set in loop mode- files are HT
2 Each time the camera is turned off it saves the last file as L file
3 Camera set in One Video mode- file is HT
4 When camera is turned off in one video mode it saves the last segment as HT file

I don't know if this helps.
8jan2.jpg

Thanks @parklawn , we put 5 C3 testing on the same time for day and night, yes, got the same result, now FW guys are working on that.

Working on FW updating is my priority job now.

The camera is still producing mixed files and although I have turned off the g-sensor I am getting the occasional locked file?

How is the firmware update progressing?

Any news on the updated firmware? I just bought two of the capacitor versions and they're both only working about 1/3rd of the time when I power them up. Same symptoms as reported in this thread.

Any news on the updated firmware? I just bought two of the capacitor versions and they're both only working about 1/3rd of the time when I power them up. Same symptoms as reported in this thread.

There's no news on the firmware update yet but it should be available soon. Keep in mind that it is the New Year holiday in China now, and no business will get done until the end of the month.

Just to follow up, the 3-March firmware seems to have resolved all my instability and errors. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I can also say that since the March update things have been a lot better. However, I still have found the following issues which I thought I out to flag...

1) I have the capacitor version and i am finding that if I do not drive the car for 5 days, all the time and date settings get reset. I suspect this is down to the capacitor but I find it hard to believe that in this day and age time/date settings can get lost in just 5 days?

2)I am finding that my C3 is now recording perfectly if the car engine is started in the normal way and I start driving immediately. However, I have noticed that if I turn the car on but DO NOT start the engine (e.g. you are listening to the radio while waiting for someone) the C3 records ok up until the point in which I eventually start the engine. Then strangely the video ends at the point of ignition. Then NOTHING is recorded from that point forward until the car is switched off and back on again? This is very worrying as it seems possible to miss an entire journey due to this strange issue?

1, this is normal and expected as there is no RTC battery on the board, would be a hardware change to sort this

2, this is firmware addressable, something the engineers need to adjust, @RockThinking let me know if you're not sure how to fix this and I'll let you know how to do it

Well Done, Rock: the March firmware seems to have resolved my file naming and sound issues. However, on a cold (2°C) night last week, the car failed to start first time and I forgot to wait ten or fifteen seconds before trying again, with the result that the only file recorded was the second or two of the first start attempt. The subsequent journey was unrecorded so it would seem Street Guardian's point about a start-up delay would be worth pursuing.

I guess I've been fortunate and not had a no-start situation so I wouldn't have known this, but if that's the case, then it does need correcting. I'm sure that Rock will look into this.

Back