Start Selling A139

Definately feels like a rushed release without any of the accessories available.

No hardwire kit
No Bluetooth remote
No external mic
No harness
Can't register on viofo.com yet (warranty)

Could probably use the power magic pro for hardwire if super eager.

Also the most notable new accessory for me, the SD card and cable connector physical lock. Would be great if it also locks it into the mounting base.

Also the most notable new accessory for me, the SD card and cable connector physical lock. Would be great if it also locks it into the mounting base.
It prevents the card and cables being unplugged, which means the camera can't easily be removed from the car since it is still attached to the cable.

It is a deterrent for employees who might want to disable the camera, not a 100% foolproof lock, they could always put stickers over the lenses if they really wanted to stop recording! It does prevent them saying, ohh, the cable must have come loose, and prevents them deleting files.

Definately feels like a rushed release without any of the accessories available.

No hardwire kit
No Bluetooth remote
No external mic
No harness
Can't register on viofo.com yet (warranty)

Could probably use the power magic pro for hardwire if super eager.
Remote control is same as we used on A129 series.

The external MIC and hardwire kits is under production.

I was going to purchase the 4k A129 pro until I found out about the A139 (early Nov). The thinner cabling, mmcx connector and form factor were the draw for me even though it's main camera was lower on res. The A129 cabling is really quite thick. I'm coming from a blackvue 650s.

Yes, the thinner cabling is an appeal to me - I have been considering picking up a used blackvue 750s for a while, but the viofo wins over it because of the low-bitrate parking mode. I'm still undecided regarding 4k, I really haven't done enough research into it as to whether I'd want to go 4k yet.

I am not jumping on the 4K dashcam bandwagon just yet, they fascinate me and they are far from useless, but i think i will wait for the #2 generation systems.

I think 4K dashcams have 'come of age' and some are worth buying now, but as with anything newly-developed there will be improvements as time goes on.

I suppose for most people the big questions now are whether you really need 4k or if less will do what you need, whether the inherently lesser night-time performance is an issue, and of course price.

The video quality of the A139 is such that it's better than many of the 4K cams currently on the market and TBH I don't think I will need anything better for a long time to come :cool:

Phil

I suppose for most people the big questions now are whether you really need 4k or if less will do what you need, whether the inherently lesser night-time performance is an issue, and of course price.
It also depends on how the 4K is implemented, you can have 2K and 4K cameras with the same number of pixels per licence plate, in which case the 4K camera will have 50% greater field of view, which could be very useful. Or it can be implemented the other way around with the same field of view but twice the number of pixels on your license plates, in which case you can read plates that are 50% further away.

Not sure many people need 4K just for the distance; it is nice to get somewhere near the detail that the human eye can see, but not necessary, and no 4K dashcams actually achieve it anyway. Most 4K dashcams have some extra field of view plus some extra reading distance, nice to have, but for many people the night performance is more important and they are better off with the 2K sensor.
I was going to purchase the 4k A129 pro until I found out about the A139 (early Nov). The thinner cabling, mmcx connector and form factor were the draw for me even though it's main camera was lower on res. The A129 cabling is really quite thick. I'm coming from a blackvue 650s.
If you want to make movies, the A129 Pro wins, the image quality is better and not just the resolution; but for evidence purposes the 3 channels and slightly better low light performance of the A139 wins, it collects more evidence.

Thanks for the heads up Nigel, Jokiin, viofo. Good to hear that some are already available and others underway. Updating viofo.com to reflect what's available/working ie: Bluetooth remote, have warranty selection added etc.. are small but I believe helps with the optics of a wholistic release. Totally understand the varying delivery times of suppliers and viofo's 'MVPs'.

That said I am happy so far with my A139.

Updating viofo.com to reflect...
It always takes a little time for things to come together, but it will all get sorted soon, and until then you can ask here if you are not sure of anything, you even have Viofo listening here, and wanting to hear feedback...

That said I am happy so far with my A139.
That is good, keep the feedback coming...

Remote control is same as we used on A129 series.

The external MIC and hardwire kits is under production.

When will hardwire kit be listed for sale? For me, having parking mode is 100% required before I can commit to buying. My other car was broken into and the A129 Duo caught the people on camera. Plus, if anything ever happens in a parking lot, it gets recorded, too

Some of the components are coming from different suppliers also, no reason they should hold off on the cameras which are perfectly workable as they are without the extra accessories just because the supply schedules are different

Yes and no. For me, I can't commit to purchasing until the hardwire kit is available. My A129 Duo caught 2 kids breaking into my other car while parked outside. For other's ,the lack of an available hardwire kit won't matter, since they don't intend to use parking mode.

It prevents the card and cables being unplugged, which means the camera can't easily be removed from the car since it is still attached to the cable.

It is a deterrent for employees who might want to disable the camera, not a 100% foolproof lock, they could always put stickers over the lenses if they really wanted to stop recording! It does prevent them saying, ohh, the cable must have come loose, and prevents them deleting files.

What's the lock look like? Is this an additional accessory?

What's the lock look like? Is this an additional accessory?
Hmmm can't seem to find any material on their website anymore. Pretty sure I seen it there.

20210113_121819.jpg

Maybe they went back to the drawing board because the supplied power cable doesn't have a notch to secure.

Hmmm can't seem to find any material on their website anymore. Pretty sure I seen it there.

View attachment 55020

Maybe they went back to the drawing board because the supplied power cable doesn't have a notch to secure.

That's a good idea. Not that it's fool proof, but still a good idea! Did your kit come with the accessory?

I think maybe test samples to not have a molding on the cable ends, making it possible to retain that way.
Seemingly the USB plug also need some work in this regard.

I think maybe test samples to not have a molding on the cable ends, making it possible to retain that way.
Seemingly the USB plug also need some work in this regard.
I got the retail unit. Ordered from Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Do you have the hard wire kit too ?
I would assume a non tamper solution like that would only apply to hardwire, or you can just pull the plug so to say.

Do you have the hard wire kit too ?
I would assume a non tamper solution like that would only apply to hardwire, or you can just pull the plug so to say.
Nope. Just USB c power cable to male cigarette.

That might be it then, though of course you can also just pull the wire /adapter from a fuse box if it is not creative hooked up elsewhere.
Mostly and fortunately there are no stopping a creative mind, though some attempt some times, often with a horrible result.

Back