Start Selling A139

I've noticed the options on the aliexpress site have opened up a bit, you can now order it with the hardwire kit, only costs $10 more whereas the hardwire kit is $15 on it's own on viofo.com.

I did order a hardwire kit from viofo.com earlier this week, maybe if I was a bit more patient I would probably save myself a bit of money :rolleyes:

Hardwire kit also available on aliexpress:

Viofo Original A139 HK3 C Car Camera ACC Hardwire Kit Cable 3 Wire For Parking Mode optional Mini/Micro2/ATC/ATS Fuse Tap| | - AliExpress

@joe384 thanks for the tip! I ordered the HK3-C and can finally test the parking mode!

I've noticed the options on the aliexpress site have opened up a bit, you can now order it with the hardwire kit, only costs $10 more whereas the hardwire kit is $15 on it's own on viofo.com.

I did order a hardwire kit from viofo.com earlier this week, maybe if I was a bit more patient I would probably save myself a bit of money :rolleyes:

Hardwire kit also available on aliexpress:

Viofo Original A139 HK3 C Car Camera ACC Hardwire Kit Cable 3 Wire For Parking Mode optional Mini/Micro2/ATC/ATS Fuse Tap| | - AliExpress

6 months later it shows up from china (being sarcastic). Aliexpress does take a few weeks though with shipping and importing. So Amazon or Viofo.com may be better options. Especially if it becomes available on amazon uk.

6 months later it shows up from china (being sarcastic). Aliexpress does take a few weeks though with shipping and importing. So Amazon or Viofo.com may be better options. Especially if it becomes available on amazon uk.

Yeah, I'm think I'm going to wait for the actual unit to become available through amazon uk or viofo uk site. Easier to return if issues. For cheap stuff like hardwire kits I don't mind so much as they are not likely to require import duty to be paid.

@joe384 thanks for the tip! I ordered the HK3-C and can finally test the parking mode!
It will be interesting to know how well it handles heat. In the winter cool here, low-bitrate parking mode has been working flawlessly :) but not the other methods- they give corrupt files :(

Phil

@SawMaster which is to say motion detect is still as broken as ever? It's a pity that even time lapse is also not working well, eh?

Time lapse worked for me but I didn't test it long. Motion detect was the best I've ever seen as far as function, but does no good if the files can't be viewed half the time.

Phil

It will be interesting to know how well it handles heat. In the winter cool here, low-bitrate parking mode has been working flawlessly :) but not the other methods- they give corrupt files :(

Phil
Please check this with the latest firmware.

As always i am hoping for a very hot Danish summer, but the norm is only 5 days or so over the summer are +30 degree C, if we get 2 weeks or that like in 2018 then it will be a very good summer.
So here are lot really the best place to test really hot or cold temperatures, but humidity we generally do well with all year.

Time lapse worked for me but I didn't test it long. Motion detect was the best I've ever seen as far as function, but does no good if the files can't be viewed half the time.

Phil

Though Viofo didn't elaborate, he said some changes were made with the retail version of the camera, too.

Yeah ... Chris Hunt. Good Customer Service and have purchased Dash Cams from Chris before ... been a while though - long enough to get his name confused with a Coffee Machine repairer. o_O

Don't need a newy just yet as I'm getting a decent run out of my current VIOFOs ... only keeping an eye out for the next good thing (y)

Well, I had a suprise package handed to me by the postie today :cool:

IMG_20210130_124727.jpgIMG_20210130_125133.jpg

Very amazed how quick it came, I pre-ordered them but I assume they did not get shipped out until the 22nd, so that is 8 days (there is a chinese postage label on the back)
You can see the USB-C connector is straight and has the larger end section for the possible locking plate.
I will measure the length and diameter of the wires later, but I think it is probably 3m for the usb section and 2m for the 12v cables.

Well, I had a suprise package handed to me by the postie today :cool:

View attachment 55204View attachment 55205

Very amazed how quick it came, I pre-ordered them but I assume they did not get shipped out until the 22nd, so that is 8 days (there is a chinese postage label on the back)
You can see the USB-C connector is straight and has the larger end section for the possible locking plate.
I will measure the length and diameter of the wires later, but I think it is probably 3m for the usb section and 2m for the 12v cables.
I had mine arrive today as well, I was tracking it so not a surprise for me but I was expecting the postman to ask me for a large sum of import tax.
Was a nice surprise to find it left through the letterbox with nothing to pay
Cars going in to the body shop Monday though so no time to fit it until it gets back.

@joe384 nice, you have two? Mine landed in Kuala Lumpur airport on Friday. Waiting for customs clearance and last mile delivery!

@joe384 nice, you have two? Mine landed in Kuala Lumpur airport on Friday. Waiting for customs clearance and last mile delivery!

Yes, I bought two as I may end up running 2 A139s so I can have side view cameras as well.

Although I don't know really yet, my car usage has dropped quite a bit due to the lockdown in the UK, so I am not really testing / using dashcams a lot at the moment

I drive as much as always, but of course i am not locked out of a job as a pensioner.

Only wearing face diapers are new to me, otherwise everything are normal,,,,,, okay my bank are closed too which annoy the hell out of me as i have a heavy piggy bank i would like to empty and spend a little off.

Phil
Time for an update here ;)

After installing the latest FW and doing some testing I have not found any more corrupt parking files :) With motion detect on 'high' it is very sensitive and activates with the smallest of anything, as it did previously. I expect the 'medium' and 'low' settings will also detect as before which is to say that they should be near-perfect :cool: That will be what I'm doing today and tomorrow. And very nice to have motion detect activate with all channels, not just the front channel like many other cams do.

So now I feel safe in saying that every feature in the A139 is doing what it should do, and doing it well (y) I can now recommend this cam without reservation.

Phil

Time for an update here ;)

After installing the latest FW and doing some testing I have not found any more corrupt parking files :) With motion detect on 'high' it is very sensitive and activates with the smallest of anything, as it did previously. I expect the 'medium' and 'low' settings will also detect as before which is to say that they should be near-perfect :cool: That will be what I'm doing today and tomorrow. And very nice to have motion detect activate with all channels, not just the front channel like many other cams do.

So now I feel safe in saying that every feature in the A139 is doing what it should do, and doing it well (y) I can now recommend this cam without reservation.

Phil
Good to hear. Did VIOFO send you the fw direct? Last one I got was the one that added voice to the camera.
My car is in for bodywork later today so could be a week or 2 before I’m back on the camera anyway.

It's posted HERE by Viofo a few replies above this message (#208 in this thread).

I've had voice working properly in this and the previous FW so I'm not sure which one you're on. Seems nothing is different with this FW except it solved the corrupt files when using "auto-detect" parking mode. Low-bitrate still functions well if you prefer using that. Hope the panel-bashers do a good job for you ;)

Phil

Back