Stay away from the A139 and Viofo!

From my side, issues I have experienced recently (FW 1.7):
- overheating and shutdowns already from 25 deg C / 77 F outside
- main until randomly not responding to buttons, freezing and not recording (realized there is a 2-day gap when I wanted to check recordings)
- issues with buffered parking mode (already mentioned in the other thread)
- lack of response from Viofo - reported twice a few weeks ago via email and still no feedback...

- main until randomly not responding to buttons, freezing and not recording (realized there is a 2-day gap when I wanted to check recordings)
- lack of response from Viofo - reported twice a few weeks ago via email and still no feedback...
Try firmware 1.6. Others have stated issues with V1.7.

Thanks for providing "specifics". A number of your problems sound all too familiar to me as a Viofo customer, especially your mentioning that you "reported twice a few weeks ago via email and still no feedback..."

It's hard to imagine that people here claim that Viofo has "good customer support". They really do not.

But, if someone is willing to wait weeks or months to get their problem(s) finally addressed, Viofo just might be a good choice for them... but be forewarned that they better have lots of patience!

I didn't get a free camera, I bought it. I wanted a free sample but @viofo are meanies lol

All dashcams suck in their own ways.

Last edited:
Thank you for being very specific in outlining you issues. I also see your previous posts and threads as well, and they were also specific.
I have no doubt that your concerns are legitimate. It is my hope that Viofo would remedy your issues.

The only thing I would add is that be sure to tag @viofo and @VIOFO-Support in any of your forum posts with issues.
I always prefer written(ex: email, or forum post with tagging) communication as long as it is fast over a phone call any day of the week because that also removes any "he said", "she said" nonsense scenario and creates some type of accountability to show between both parties and anyone else that could be present in the room(which would be us if it was a public forum post).

In my research last year, buffered parking mode was either very unreliable or not sensitive enough(door dents/dings on parking lots) among all manufacturers that I permanently stick to recording everything in low bitrate mode regardless of manufacturer, along with having a big enough MicroSD card(256GB or more) to save recordings.
Interesting that what you're experiencing still validates my conclusion.

Some people have complained about firmware v1.7 removing Park Geofencing(which was still in Beta and never advertised as a standard feature of the product) and some other things.
I would downgrade to v1.6 and see what happens since it doesn't look like v1.7 added or fixed much.

Last edited:
In my research last year, buffered parking mode was either very unreliable or not sensitive enough(door dents/dings on parking lots) among all manufacturers that I permanently stick to recording everything in low bitrate mode regardless of manufacturer, along with having a big enough MicroSD card(256GB or more) to save recordings.
Absolutely agree with you.
I also came to the conclusion that low bitrate recording is the most reliable parking mode. Regardless of the DVR model.

All dashcams suck in their own ways.
I've been saying that for a long time! :D
Like I also stated earlier in this thread:
"I have yet to see a perfect dashcam manufacturer...Maybe it would take someone like Apple or Google to get into this business and disrupt it."

Not sure that how an Amazon, Apple, or Google will be able to generate recurring revenue from dashcams if they enter though.

LBR is flawed too in a sense, but i too wouldn't use any other parking guard mode.
I would like to see even more sensitivity for the G-sensor when parked, on a too high setting gusts of wind should be able to set off a event, and also why i would like more options than just HIGH - MID - LOW

Like I also stated earlier in this thread:
"I have yet to see a perfect dashcam manufacturer...Maybe it would take someone like Apple or Google to get into this business and disrupt it."

Not sure that how an Amazon, Apple, or Google will be able to generate recurring revenue from dashcams if they enter though.

I don't think we necessarily need Amazon, Apple, Sony or any other major consumer electronics corporation to enter the dash cam business but I do believe we need a different paradigm.

Dash cams are really built like consumer gadgets more than actual cameras. By that I mean that they are basically a circuit board, screen and a lens screwed into a plastic housing, not really any different than a handheld GameBoy.

I think that if dash cams were built to the standards of CCTV cameras, which use many of the very same components as dash cams, such as the chipsets and M12 lenses, (which is how dash cams came to have them), we would have much more reliable dash cams that would survive and perform better in an automotive environment. Many very high quality CCTV cameras are priced similarly to dash cams but they operate 24/7 for years on end, often mounted in direct hot sunlight and or bitter cold temperatures.

I've often thought about doing a thread to better demonstrate and explain what I'm talking about here and I'll see if I can make some time to do that soon.

Last edited:
Couple of months ago I bought a A139 (2CH) with HW kit. It had issues with overheating and shutting down even when the temp was around 17deg Celsius outside. Got a replacement A139 which handled temps a lot better and stayed cooler than the first one.
BUT....after using the second (replacement) one for 2 months now, I realized the supercapacitor died. Camera shuts off immediately without the shutdown-sound whenever you remove the power cable.
just send an email to the reseller and see what his reaction will be. Preferably I get the choice to take another brand and/or camera because I really suspect there is a quality issue with the A139 (after reading a lot of topics).

Why would you remove the power cable?

normally I won't, but I noticed the cam was off a lot of times when I returned to the car so I realised parking mode was cut-off. So started to investigate why this happens (also when the temps are low at night etc, so it was not an issue with overheating this time).
in short: the cam often stops recording (low bitrate) in parking mode which probably is caused by randomly power drops...

My A139 3-cam setup has mostly worked fine. It froze up on me twice since install about 7 months ago. I had to pull the power cord in order to get it unstuck. I installed the same setup for my mom maybe 3 months ago and has had it lock up on her once. Video quality is so-so.

I don't think there are any truly great dashcams out there. I paid ~$140 for the 3-cam setup with a business discount, but even at the ~$220 sale price I think it's hard to beat in regards to bang-for-the-buck.

I recently had my A139 that was purchased in April and last 14 days the WiFi SSID of the camera stopped showing up. The button worked and the voice prompts say that it's enabled etc. but no device can pick it up.

I contacted their support and they said to RMA it and surprisingly I only had to send it to another province here in Canada.
I sent it registered mail with an overnight shipment ($20CAD) and they sent me a tracking number the next day. After 9 or 10 days I received the replacement unit and it's working so far as it should.

Mine is still working after a year or probably more.

Bloody hell. My A139 wifi stopped working for the past 2 weeks. Already tried power cycling and such but no go. How odd. One moment it works then the next it is permanently gone. My unit is less than 3 months old. Nice. The best part is the vehicle is used about 2 times per week so it's not like the cam has been abused.

Bloody hell. My A139 wifi stopped working for the past 2 weeks. Already tried power cycling and such but no go. How odd. One moment it works then the next it is permanently gone. My unit is less than 3 months old. Nice. The best part is the vehicle is used about 2 times per week so it's not like the cam has been abused.
Check wires

Back