Stickies

Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would Admin please consider generating a “Sticky” thread. Used very successfully on many forums, it covers all the reoccurring problems.ie, full resets, battery replacement.
Not all have to be listed immediately but can be added to as and when it is felt appropriate.

It would be useful for some general issues, but otherwise if you just had1 sticky for every popular brand / model, it would be a mess.
Not sure if you can make stickies under each sub forum, if you could that would work i think.

In the past 10 years i have given the same answer to the same question many times, i have noticed this but i cant say it aggrevate me or i would just have ignored those questions.

Would Admin please consider generating a “Sticky” thread. Used very successfully on many forums, it covers all the reoccurring problems.ie, full resets, battery replacement.
Not all have to be listed immediately but can be added to as and when it is felt appropriate.

When a member suggests a sticky thread here on DCT it's generally up to that member to create it.

Sometimes a member might post a useful or very popular thread that later gets designated as a sticky.

There does not appear to be that facility to produce a sticky on this forum, that I can see. Hence the question

There does not appear to be that facility to produce a sticky on this forum, that I can see. Hence the question

@DashCamMan determines what threads become stickies on the forum. If you have an idea for one, contact him. If he approves of the idea, he will likely invite you to create it.

Of course, you could also just go ahead and create a troubleshooting thread for the 522GW or for Nextbase cameras in general and then ask @DashCamMan if he will turn it into a sticky. If he approves of what you've created he's likely to make it happen.

It's not really clear from your OP but it sounds as if you may want someone else to create the sticky you desire, but I think that's unlikely to happen.

As I mentioned previously, there are quite a few "stickies" on the forum similar to what you are asking for. They were all started by an individual member and later became stickies when their worthiness for that designation became recognized.

Here is an example from the Mobius sub-forum:

It's eight years old and has 387 thousand views.

Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Given this is the Nextbase 522 section and Millie has posted the same boilerplate troubleshooting guide many times, maybe a similar sticky to the Mobious one, with definately the "read #× to #×" first before posting.

In other words, trying to avoid repetitive questions.

Now we’re talking, even if it cuts down the FAQ a little.

Back