Still issues with newest batches?

Rayman,
Does this mean that if we buy an 0806/Batch#3 that at some point in the future we can replace the Li battery with a supercap?

you can DIY a supper cap in the camera but I believe there is a small bug if you do that with current camera - there is no RTC battery on the current PCB so you may lost the system time. This can be fixed when the GPS locked but will be some files with in-correct time.

this modification maybe used later for the suppercap supporting PCB. we just prepared it there so any fanatic can work on it.

firmware is nothing related with those, we continue works on debug and improve.
Hopefully you will resolve problem with Samsung memory cards too. I can see here that I am not alone with that problem. For now my cam is unusable - it records just random time of journey and hangs up.

3rd batch different:
PCBA:
change the blue power LED to be hardwire control, so it will be ON when power connected, no matter if the camera is ON
re-shape the PCB corners so it will fit into the housing better, no stick with housing.
HOUSING:
rework the rotating ring and housing, to avoid the GPS cable cutting
remove the unwanted plastic materials to fit in a supper cap battery

firmware is nothing related with those, we continue works on debug and improve.

Sounds like the 3rd batch might be the one to get. Will have to follow this thread and see what they are like once they reach people's hands. Also a factory supercap would be nice, but I'm guessing that might be an option for batch 4 or 5+.

I normally leave the CPL on to cover the lens but the CPL keeps rotating to the wrong position if being carried.

I had a similar issue, which I solved by using a tiny dab of blue tak under the edge of the CPL.

The magnetic attachment is a neat idea, but not nearly strong enough to make me happy.

grnbrg

I had a similar issue, which I solved by using a tiny dab of blue tak under the edge of the CPL.

The magnetic attachment is a neat idea, but not nearly strong enough to make me happy.

grnbrg
Thank you for the tip. How does blue tak perform in hot weather?

Thank you for the tip. How does blue tak perform in hot weather?
I wouldn't use it to hold the camera to the windshield. But it should keep the filter on and steady with no issues.

And less is more when it comes to using it.

grnbrg.

I wouldn't use it to hold the camera to the windshield. But it should keep the filter on and steady with no issues.

And less is more when it comes to using it.

grnbrg.
Gotcha'. My filter falls off fairly easily making it impossible to use my sunshade for the windshield when parked during the summer months.
I appreciate you advice.

Back