Still issues with newest batches?

Is this considered the 3rd batch of cameras that I read before was supposed to come out in March?

Yes, it is the 3rd batch.

JooVuu is not stocking the camera's at the moment due to quality issues. Our return rate is over 12%.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

What issues are your customers having? We found that most issues were either with the memory card or a quick reflash of the dash cam was able to fix them.

Kelvin

Yes, it is the 3rd batch.

I think this is the first report of any retailer getting the 3rd batch. Are there any known improvements/differences in the 3rd batch? I thought 3rd batch was supposed to include a new parking mount or at least it was supposed to be offered as a separate option.

off topic...why are sheeps with red dye on back?
Partly identification, but the dye is also used in a 'raddle harness' to see which ewes have had attention from a 'tup'. Same goes for goats.

BlackBoxed Kelvin, current shipping is 2nd batch. :)
and the 2nd batch has out of stock for now.

the 3rd batch PCB will come back soon, so the products will be distributed from the month end to Apr begining. Most have been pre-ordered; only few quantity left now.

The parking guard is under testing now. this take long time to test as we have to make sure it will not been drained...... be patient guys.
we will release some samples for testers when the design passed our internal audit.

Nigel, I can't help to use "save as ..." when i saw your images here.
you genius!

should we use mini 0806 as a dash camera or a digital camera?

BlackBoxed Kelvin, current shipping is 2nd batch. :)
and the 2nd batch has out of stock for now.

the 3rd batch PCB will come back soon, so the products will be distributed from the month end to Apr begining. Most have been pre-ordered; only few quantity left now.
Is there a difference between the second batch and the third? What is the different if there are any?

The 3rd batch PCB will come back soon, so the products will be distributed from the month end to Apr begining. Most have been pre-ordered; only few quantity left now.

Rayman, I received a 2nd batch camera that was badly out of focus. Has the production issue with incorrect focus been corrected for the 3rd batch? I am looking to buy a 2nd cam for rear view but don't want to have to open it up to fix it.

The only QA solution that allows you to know that you have a quality product out of the box is to have each cam checked individually to be sure it works. Only models that work correctly should be boxed for sale. A price 50 cents higher to know the product works out of the box would be worth it.

3rd batch different:
PCBA:
change the blue power LED to be hardwire control, so it will be ON when power connected, no matter if the camera is ON
re-shape the PCB corners so it will fit into the housing better, no stick with housing.
HOUSING:
rework the rotating ring and housing, to avoid the GPS cable cutting
remove the unwanted plastic materials to fit in a supper cap battery

firmware is nothing related with those, we continue works on debug and improve.

Rayman, I received a 2nd batch camera that was badly out of focus. Has the production issue with incorrect focus been corrected for the 3rd batch? I am looking to buy a 2nd cam for rear view but don't want to have to open it up to fix it.

sorry your camera must be in the first 500pcs of 2nd batch. we have added people to audit the image quality and GPS connection after that so it is not likely to happen again.

Awesome news about the capacitor - it's great to see you guys keep improving this one Rayman :)

@Rayman.Chan, You are putting great effort to fix issues.
I'm sure once they are resolved, it'll be a great dashcam.
Keep up the good work!

Nigel, I can't help to use "save as ..." when i saw your images here.
you genius!

should we use mini 0806 as a dash camera or a digital camera?
Thanks Rayman,

As a digital camera it is very good, always there on the windscreen fully charged and ready to grab - much easier to find than my Olympus. Sometimes the extra wide angle lens is also better than my Olympus, other times the 24-300mm zoom on the Olympus is needed and the mini is useless. Picture quality is always quite reasonable as long as you don't want to print a big poster, the 0803 was always a little disappointing even for use at web page size but the 0806 for normal use does compete with the Olympus except it has a completely different lens so often both get used.

But it does have one problem - it needs a lens cover so that it can safely be put in a pocket without the lens getting covered in dirt and fingerprints! I normally leave the CPL on to cover the lens but the CPL keeps rotating to the wrong position if being carried. Maybe you could think about this for your next camera ... since it is so small maybe just a plastic case to slide the camera into would work nicely, but it needs to be pocket sized, and thin.

3rd batch different:
PCBA:
change the blue power LED to be hardwire control, so it will be ON when power connected, no matter if the camera is ON
re-shape the PCB corners so it will fit into the housing better, no stick with housing.
HOUSING:

It is good that you are continually making improvements. It is also one more example of the risks of being an early adopter.

Partly identification, but the dye is also used in a 'raddle harness' to see which ewes have had attention from a 'tup'. Same goes for goats.
thx...now I learned something....

3rd batch different:
PCBA:
HOUSING:

So you're saying that the 3rd batch will use a capacitor instead of a lithium battery?

3rd batch different:
PCBA:
HOUSING:

Rayman,
Does this mean that if we buy an 0806/Batch#3 that at some point in the future we can replace the Li battery with a supercap?

Back