Street Guardian DashCam Comparison Chart (Edited February 2016)

This is completely out of the original subject now, but I genuinely fail to see the advantage of a dual system as opposed to simply using two cams.
I feel it must be easier on the processor, the memory card, and provide redundancy, since losing one camera/card would keep the other running.
Conceptually with a dual system you probably get a small cost reduction, but parts price is only a fraction of a product total cost, and you pay it with a greater risk of staying without anything.

This is completely out of the original subject now, but I genuinely fail to see the advantage of a dual system as opposed to simply using two cams.
I feel it must be easier on the processor, the memory card, and provide redundancy, since losing one camera/card would keep the other running.
Conceptually with a dual system you probably get a small cost reduction, but parts price is only a fraction of a product total cost, and you pay it with a greater risk of staying without anything.

the dual camera systems we're working on are not going to have any significant price advantage over two single cameras, what you save in components in one area you end up spending elsewhere anyway, we're not looking at making entry level product though

I'm curious/eager/excited to the future when we learn about the advantages of a dual system, if even price isn't an asset...
But not saving money meanwhile. ;)

Maybe an option to automatically turn on the display and show the rear camera, when engaging the reverse gear?

similar concept of remote cameras but main unit will be smaller, some different features as well

ok thank you. Are there any features of the SGZC12RC that the dual cam *won't* have?

maybe, time will tell, there are quite a lot of features we will be doing that the RC can't though

I see. Just trying to get an idea as I've already got 2 new SGZC12RC V2 installed and I'm looking at needing up to 9 more RC units to cover the family fleet and picking the platform is important, as you can imagine.

When do you expect to release a preliminary feature list for dual cam?

I see. Just trying to get an idea as I've already got 2 new SGZC12RC V2 installed and I'm looking at needing up to 9 more RC units to cover the family fleet and picking the platform is important, as you can imagine.

When do you expect to release a preliminary feature list for dual cam?

not before it's ready, 4 months minimum

similar concept of remote cameras but main unit will be smaller, some different features as well

That alone started up a knocking sound from the underside of my computer table. :D

Its not like the ZC12RC is a huge headunit, its just a unfortunate shape in my eyes.

I too have a lot of questions, but i will rather just wait and see ;) will be like a second X mas here i am sure.

yeah form factor would be much more sensible

Yes, I'm not looking forward to finding space for 4 x ZC12RCs in the car! Glove boxes are small and weird shapes these days. They've taken on the literal meaning, you really can only fit a glove in there.

Glove boxes are small and weird shapes these days. They've taken on the literal meaning, you really can only fit a glove in there.

Thats true.
What car make / model / year do you drive ? Maybe there are other options / places to fit 4 or 2 + 2 ?

SG9665GC V2 is an accumulation of incremental improvements since the V1 plus latest 2016 firmware. It came out end of last year.

Back