Street Guardian DashCam Comparison Chart (Edited February 2016)

I'm looking at purchasing either a SG9665GC v2 or SGZC12SS (the SGZC12SS being slightly cheaper with a sale I have found). I'm looking for the best video quality. GPS, touchscreen, rear input are not of any consideration to me. The only minor consideration is that I believe the SG9665 can take a microusb power input, which is good as I already have a microusb wire wired in to where I want to place the dash cam, where the ZC12SS does not, but I can always spend time rewiring if need be.

Could anyone please advise me on which is best?

SG9665GC uses Mini USB rather than Micro USB, SGZC12SS has a Micro USB connector but it's not for powering the camera

Those things aside I think you'll find the SG9665GC will have the edge when it comes to video performance

SS doesn't have GPS, the SG does.

GC side by side will edge out others for side bye side video quality since the lens is less wide.

I think I may have come up with a solution to the dual camera problem I'm having. First of all, the problem itself; I want to have two standalone capable cameras, if one fails I still have footage from the other one. But if I want to manually lock a video I can only do so on the front camera while driving.

So, what I've come up with is to have a couple of wires going between the cameras which carries data between them. If I press the lock button on one camera it will lock on both. The data bus has very low bitrate requirements so pretty much any link will do (perhaps even reuse the GPS connector on models where it's optional?). If the OS allows for it then maybe enable configuring the rear camera from the front but that's very much an optional feature compared to file locking.

Would this be realistically possible to implement on future/current (if reusing the GPS connector) models?

The temperature does not specify C or F, but i'm assuming it's in Centigrade. Might throw some people of if they assume it's 90*F

Back