Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

I'm totally unqualified to be a beta tester (I know little about the technology, don't have the time to devote to doing this, and don't torture my cams) but I'll take one if I can get it :p C'mon Jokin, we're buddies, right? I've got a piggy bank with about $7.50 in it which I'll send you as a gift if you do this for me :rolleyes:

All in jest of course :cool: I neither bribe nor do I think Jokin could be bribed (and certainly not on my budget!) but I'm hoping this will become one of my main cams in my extended length work van where I'd like to run it 24/7 ;) I'm looking forward to seeing how well the longest length rear cam cable works here and hope one (or more) of the beta testers will put some time into trying these things out for me :D

Phil

Dual camera sounds better than a single cam but the cable from the front to the back.... I got the antenna in my rear windows, lets hope the camera doesnt interrupt it.
I hope it handles heat and cold weather like the other cameras. (Got -15°C to 35°C dont even want to know how hot in the car)
I guess I have to wait a few months until I can get one.( If it even gets to germany) Do you have any ideas about a price?

There's no ideal beta test candidate, everyone has their own take on things and look at things differently, that's a good thing though I feel
Totally agree. You need all types of end users. It's good to have your average run of the mill customer using the product as they would in the real world. Often times this feedback is much more valuable than any feedback from an expert with technical knowledge. I've been beta testing radar detectors and police scanners for over 15 years and have seen some of the best feedback come from these novices.

Dual camera sounds better than a single cam but the cable from the front to the back.... I got the antenna in my rear windows, lets hope the camera doesnt interrupt it.

hard to know if it will have any effect on your factory radio, we do what's needed to pass regulatory requirements so that our products don't emit any interference that they shouldn't, vehicle manufacturers though don't really need to consider whether other devices will be used in the vehicle so basically just design for what's there (which is fair enough), the move toward vehicles that are fuel efficient shifted longer telescopic whip style antenna systems out of the front or rear quarter panels of vehicles where they have a good ground plane into the vehicle glass where they are poorly earthed or into the roof in very minimal size, both styles require amplification to boost signal, the challenge with amplified antenna systems is they don't just boost the signal they boost interference as well, the close proximity of these systems to where we might want to mount a camera along with amplification does make this a challenge so for any camera system there are going to be vehicles that aren't a good match and that's pretty much unavoidable at times so it's a bit of wait and see sometimes

I guess I have to wait a few months until I can get one.( If it even gets to germany) Do you have any ideas about a price?

it will be available to our German distributor, up to them if they carry it or not

price I don't know yet, still haven't got a final costing yet to be able to work that out

Totally agree. You need all types of end users. It's good to have your average run of the mill customer using the product as they would in the real world. Often times this feedback is much more valuable than any feedback from an expert with technical knowledge. I've been beta testing radar detectors and police scanners for over 15 years and have seen some of the best feedback come from these novices.

indeed, I have given cameras to total novices in the past, usually the type of people that tell you they nothing about cameras, and that can be a good thing as you find out what trips up someone that knows nothing about a product and that can very often be something you take for granted as common knowledge

the people that consider themselves to be experts can sometimes miss simple stuff as they know the answers and don't consider things to be problems that others might so it really does take a mix of people, we also mix things up by having testers in multiple countries which allows summer and winter testing, different time zones etc, this has helped us in the past to find some specific bugs a lot quicker than we otherwise would have

I would strongly advise Street Guardian to not spend too much time on their dual channel dashcam, but to focus on their dual remote lens dashcam & get the latter onto the market as quickly as possible, because the remote lens designs which avoid solar thermal damage during parking is the way to the future, and this will keep them ahead of their competition.

I would strongly advise Street Guardian to not spend too much time on their dual channel dashcam, but to focus on their dual remote lens dashcam & get the latter onto the market as quickly as possible, because the remote lens designs which avoid solar thermal damage during parking is the way to the future, and this will keep them ahead of their competition.

a lot of what we are doing in dual channel applies to the dual remote version, it will be quicker to do the way we are now

a lot of what we are doing in dual channel applies to the dual remote version, it will be quicker to do the way we are now
Very true.
And you will also have a model with an entry level price for the mass public.

Very true.
And you will also have a model with an entry level price for the mass public.

in dual channel? probably not, dual channel is not really a mass market product yet, that's not just because of price, I'd say we'll be cheaper than a lot of the other dual cam models though

I prefer not remote systems. I dont always want to open my glove box to see if it records or to save something. For companys it could be good because the dont have much on their windshield.

the close proximity of these systems to where we might want to mount a camera along with amplification does make this a challenge so for any camera system there are going to be vehicles that aren't a good match and that's pretty much unavoidable at times so it's a bit of wait and see sometimes
A good cable would be the easiest way to minimize the problems.

I will wait until it comes out and see how it performs after some people tested it.

I prefer not remote systems. I dont always want to open my glove box to see if it records or to save something. For companys it could be good because the dont have much on their windshield.

A remote lens dashcam doesn't have to be mounted in the glove box, nor under the front seats, nor in the trunk.
A remote lens dashcam can be mounted on the dashboard, central console, or steering column etc.

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(8)-700x700_0.jpg

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(10)-700x700_0.jpg

Below is the current single channel remote lens model.
RC%20Original-850x850_0.jpg

good cable is needed regardless, the CMOS sensor is the cause of most interference though and no matter how good the cable is doesn't really change that
Didnt knew that the CMOS sensor does so much. Doesnt the sensor interference gets blocked by the housing?

to some extent yes
The side windows are a bit away from the rear camera so it shouldnt be so such a strong interference. At least I think so. Correct me if I am wrong, you know it better.
If you need someone to test in germany just tell me and I will find out if there are interferences cause by the product:)

Back