Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

I can understand the tradition. Back when I was a kid and the cotton mills ran this town the week of July 4th was vacation time for everybody. Most of the stores and almost all of the other businesses were closed for that whole week, and it was like that every year so you learned to plan for it. If China wants to take time off together like that then I have no problem with it. They should enjoy it while they can because like here, it won't be too long before someone figures out how much money they can make by being the only place open for business during that time, then another will follow and another. Soon the old tradition will be gone same as ours has, and there will be only one weekend left for them to enjoy their tradition in :rolleyes:

Phil

we took advantage of CNY at my company, but in a different way. I'm an IT guy. We used the down time to upgrade a bunch of servers in the asia datacenter while nobody was using them. that way we could take our time with them and hammer out any bugs we find at a much more leisurely pace, as opposed to trying to cram it all into one day.

i wish we had a long holiday like CNY in the US so that server migrations/upgrades stateside weren't so painful.

Ignorance is the foundation of a lot of humor, and thats okay too, its when ignorance find its way into politics it get dangerous.

funny... i thought "politics" and "ignorance" were two words that meant the same thing. like "dark pink" and "light red". or "street guardian" and "reliable". ;)

My rear camera died couple months ago and my front cam died this week :(
I am now really in need of this new dual SG system! I do not want to go long without any camera but do not want to spend the money on something for only the SG dual release a few days/weeks later. I read something about Feb 5, back to work, I think. Is there any more hints on release? Or should I just hit the Hiniko site now?

I read something about Feb 5, back to work, I think. Is there any more hints on release? Or should I just hit the Hiniko site now?

factory is back to work tomorrow, we still have work to do though, not ready for release yet

Thank you for the replies but it really didn't answer my question :(

In your best recommendation, should I wait or get the SG9665GC and a cheap rear camera now? If I get those now, I can't afford to get the dual which I would rather do. Is there a list of possible features for the dual?
I normally sit back when new tech is released and wait for at least first version update but a few other members of the classic auto club here have SG and refuse to buy anything else. To me that is all I need to hear.

I'm glad I bought my two (2) SG9665GC V2's, and another two (2) SG9665GC V3's - one for the front, and another for the rear; for two separate cars.
I just can't wait, and it could be for quite some time before the twin channel Street Guardians are ready for release.
And when I do buy, I prefer to buy the "remote lens"version with only the lens and sensor attached to the front and rear windscreens, while the PC box is stored at a separate location like the glovebox etc, to end all this solar heat damage to the traditional windscreen mounted dash cams.

Joikiin, would two 9665GC V3's [one front and one rear] actually deliver superior video quality, especially rear low light quality, than the new twin channel Street Guardian dash cams?

In some of the other threads, it seems that two SG9665GC V3's [one front and one rear] actually delivers superior rear low light video than the current class leading twin channel Thinkware F770.

I would just get one camera to tie you over, even in the best case ( i think ) its not like the new dual cameras will be out in weeks.
And if it turn ugly then it might be even longer before they will be released, and then we could be half way thru this year.
And since you like the dual remote cameras version then it could be even longer as it is to trail the first "conventional" version.

deliver superior video quality

The hardware should allow for the new dual cameras to perform as good as the SG9665GC cameras, and better with the cameras using the IMX291 sensor.

Joikiin, would two 9665GC V3's [one front and one rear] actually deliver superior video quality, especially rear low light quality, than the new twin channel Street Guardian dash cams?

technically the two channel product rear camera should match what we do now with the GC V3 and the front camera should be superior, may take a little while to realise the full potential of the hardware of course

In some of the other threads, it seems that two SG9665GC V3's [one front and one rear] actually delivers superior rear low light video than the current class leading twin channel Thinkware F770.

I feel the Thinkware has some advantages when it comes to the parking functionality which puts it as one of the better choices if parking mode is a consideration, for actual video performance though I don't feel it's all that special

Is there going to be parking mode functionality based on g-sensor and motion activation?
Is there going to be a parking mode low battery voltage detect and shutoff?

Regarding the latter, I have Panorama X2 and it freezes rarely (once every month or two), and what happened is that it froze while in parking mode and the battery voltage cutoff failed to trip and shutdown the camera so my car battery drained over the weekend. Something to consider when implementing the battery cutoff voltage feature, to make sure it's at a low enough hardware level that should the dashcam freeze or get stuck or some other bug, the battery cutoff is unaffected.

If you want to record a bit longer while away you'll want to hardwire power the new system via a Vico power-plus. It has low voltage cut off, timer turn off and high temperature cut off. I wouldn't leave it record 24 seven though as that as that's a bit hard on the car battery and hardware

If you want to record a bit longer while away you'll hardwire power the new system via a Vico power-plus. It has low voltage cut off, timer turn off and high temperature cut off. I wouldn't leave it record 24 seven though ass that as that's a bit hard on the car battery and hardware

I wrote my post specifically so that feature and fail is paid attention to and so that I don't need to rely on another thing I have to instal in my car.

I have 2 dashcams, 2 radio scanners, 2 radar detectors, 2 cellphone charger cables, and 1 ipod charger cable, that's a lot of equipment and wires, would rather not have to buy additional hardware t install and more wires. I just want the voltage cutoff to work.

technically the two channel product rear camera should match what we do now with the GC V3 and the front camera should be superior, may take a little while to realise the full potential of the hardware of course

I feel the Thinkware has some advantages when it comes to the parking functionality which puts it as one of the better choices if parking mode is a consideration, for actual video performance though I don't feel it's all that special

I am very happy with my twin GC V3, one front and one rear set up.

The only thing I should point out is that my rear GC V3 & its GPS receiver both sit on the rear windscreen demister, since we rarely use the rear demister.

However, now I find that some how, the rear GC V3 & the rear GPS receiver disturbs the AM radio, but does not disturb FM, nor digital radio.

We rarely listen to AM anyway, but is it normal for a GC V3 & GPS receiver mounted on top of the rear windscreen demister to disturb the AM radio???

where is your antenna and what type is it, roof, in window etc?

I thought the antenna was this shark's finn antenna below.
However, I suspect the AM radio antenna could also be built-into the rear demister?
Hence mounting the dashcam on the rear demister is actually also mounting onto the rear AM radio antenna that's built-into the demister itself???

2015-Lexus-RC-350-Sports-Luxury-shark-fin-antenna.jpg

...However, I suspect the AM radio antenna could also be built-into the rear demister?...
Very likely. On my car both AM and FM antennas are integrated with the rear defogger - while satellite, GPS, etc. are separate.

So we know that both cameras will be as good or better than the V3.

Do you have anything about the Release date (Germany) and price yet?
You wrote that you will test the first units this month. How much time does it take after that? I guess it's testing and some fine tuning and if all goes well then it will available to buy.

Last edited:
Back