Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

will be a little dearer than the SG9665GPS, it costs us more to make

the page got published a little early, due later this month

i would like to see (have) the SG7LA50G with capacitor, smart parking mode and IMX322 sensor :D

Specs and features look appealing! What is availability forecast?

Awesome! I've been eying this one but waiting for the capacitor version.

I've had my mini 0801 long enough now to be accustomed to using a dashcam and understand what kind of features/reliability are important to me. It's time to get another one for my second vehicle.

I've been waiting for a more full featured device to pull the trigger on (dual channel, wifi, maybe HDD storage and remote DVR unit; oh and from Jokiin of course :D) but it seems such a unit is still more than a few months away...

This should be a more affordable unit for the time being and can be moved to the rear windshield when my dream unit becomes available.

Is it possible to see the difference in video quality between the new version and the old version? Especially at night?

The Sony sensor has really good performance for night time, right?

@Pier28 Alright. Hope there's going to be some vids up soon.

Btw, are there any other products down the pipeline for Street Guardian that have the Guardtrak form factor? Something like the GT2S where the form factor is much flatter against the window.

Yes, you'll see all kinds of good stuff this year, We're all pretty excited with the momentum that is about to build for 2015.

@Pier28 Alright. Hope there's going to be some vids up soon.

Btw, are there any other products down the pipeline for Street Guardian that have the Guardtrak form factor? Something like the GT2S where the form factor is much flatter against the window.

We are doing some Street Guardian models that will be using the GT2S chassis

Is it possible to see the difference in video quality between the new version and the old version? Especially at night?

The Sony sensor has really good performance for night time, right?

We're not quite there yet, still need some fine tuning but to give you an idea here's some comparison screenshots between the generic AR0330 version with the lens used and the IMX322 version with the updated lens, each pic is the Sony version then followed by the Aptina version

As I mentioned we still have work to do but this is basically our baseline

01_SG9665GC.jpg 02_Unbranded.jpg 03_SG9665GC.jpg 04_Unbranded.jpg 05_SG9665GC.jpg 06_Unbranded.jpg 07_SG9665GC.jpg 08-Unbranded.jpg

Great! I didn't realize the capacitor version also had new lens and sensor!

Last edited:
Back