Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

I'm not a big fan of car radio, I rarely use it, but I have noticed too that there is a new problem with my built-in radio in FM.
It was always 5/5 but now even trees can make a local station feel out-of-range, and going inside a parking or a tunnel I loose it all immediately,
while it used to work OK until second level below to my garage.
NOT sure it's related to the 9665 though, but I see nothing else new...

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007, power plug on front central console, wire going under dashboard passenger side, around windscreen along side pillar. VadimY's style.
FM antenna short model on the top back of car roof, no idea where the wire runs from there to radio. Worst effect around 100 MHz stations..

Edit: a 104.00 MHz station also affected badly.

I have noted on my "to do list" to send you a new power cable after new stock arrives.

Thank you Niko, but please wait for me. I will be on holiday trip in Cornwall and the package would be returned.
Potential burglars please PM for address, Niko disqualified.
There is no emergency so maybe it's better to check beforehand if the other users' problem is solved or not.
I will also try and find where the radio antenna is routed from the roof, maybe I ran the cam's power cable along it by chance.
Also my SatNav is right between radio and dashcam, has DAB/RDS and is not affected at all, so if effect, it is really local. Different power socket, though.

Would it be a problem that the GPS cable and power cable follow each other from the dashboard to the cam? Would it be better
to route one left and the other right?

Last edited:
Bad luck! The radio antenna feeder travels along the same A pillar. In Japan it was on the "good" side, but with my left-driven version, now all 3 cables follow the same path...Sans titre - 1.jpg

Don't normally recommend routing cables on the drivers side but given your antenna lead placement it might be better in your situation to separate them

Yes, anyway since my setup is a "travel logging" camera and I'm about to leave, I'm not touching anything until I return.

I won't listen to radio while in UK anyway.
To top, your cable was too long ;) so I tucked the extra lengths up and down.... the A-pillar.
This man was looking for trouble....:rolleyes:

Thank you Niko, but please wait for me. I will be on holiday trip in Cornwall and the package would be returned.
Potential burglars please PM for address, Niko disqualified.
There is no emergency so maybe it's better to check beforehand if the other users' problem is solved or not.
I will also try and find where the radio antenna is routed from the roof, maybe I ran the cam's power cable along it by chance.
Also my SatNav is right between radio and dashcam, has DAB/RDS and is not affected at all, so if effect, it is really local. Different power socket, though.

Would it be a problem that the GPS cable and power cable follow each other from the dashboard to the cam? Would it be better
to route one left and the other right?
No probl., I will confirm ( PM ) before sending.

Hi,

Here's what I just did.
Coming home with radio on 104Mhz.
I went into the garages and progressively lost stereo then signal was heavily garbled when reaching level -2.
I stopped the car engine leaving accessories power on.
Then I removed the cigarette lighter plug of the SG9665GC. Radio signal immediately went loud and clear.
Five seconds later as usual, the dashcam did a shutdown.
I cut all power and waited 10 extra seconds.
I switched accessory power on again. Radio came in loud and clear, and the cam started (right and center LEDs).
After 15 seconds (as per my settings) the cam started recording (LED + display) and radio signal was garbled.

So yes, I now DO think the dashcam system is involved.

I was lucky enough to locate a 12v to 5v mini usb (via Amazon) with ultra short leads to hardwire my SG9665GC in tapping the power/ground leads for a powered-mirror upgrade which I do not have in my Subaru. The short leads meant i did not have to worry about running wires down the A-pillar.....

anyone else get the time out of whack in registrator viewer? or have I got a setting wrong?? time is correct on the screen but not in the program.

Attachments

• time.jpg
    time.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 14
yeah I think it's a bug in Registrator Viewer, we're looking at it now, the dev had previously adjusted Registrator Viewer to work around a bug in the SG9665GM for us but since we've amened a GPS bug we had that has thrown things out of whack in Registrator Viewer for us now

check it with Dashcam Viewer and you should see it's correct

anyone else get the time out of whack in registrator viewer? or have I got a setting wrong?? time is correct on the screen but not in the program.

Is your time zone in Registrator settings set correctly? You're out by a whole lot, but for me it was just an hour so I changed it from -7 to -6 to accommodate out daylight savings.

yeah I checked it and time zone correct.

Is your time zone in Registrator settings set correctly? You're out by a whole lot, but for me it was just an hour so I changed it from -7 to -6 to accommodate out daylight savings.

having to change the timezone to account for daylight savings is normal (and required), @wozzzzza is trying out a beta and there's a timezone bug, that's a different issue and something we're still working on

yeah I checked it and time zone correct.

yeah it's a bug, in the interim if you want to keep running the beta select ungroup files in Registrator Viewer then go to playback and select Auto Switch to Next File, this way your trips will still be in order

if you want to roll back to the old version though I'll send you the link to the original version now

having to change the timezone to account for daylight savings is normal (and required), @wozzzzza is trying out a beta and there's a timezone bug, that's a different issue and something we're still working on

That's funny actually, I was going to suggest he contact you to see if he could try out the beta and see if it solved his problem ... :-)

im not worried about it just seeing if someone else had issues or just me or settings somewhere.

Back