Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Personal thanks for jokiin and Pier28. These guys know their job and cherished reputation. Incredible service!!!

Thanks, electronics aren't ever 100% foolproof unfortunately so sometimes we'll have issues, nature of the beast, we'll always do our best to make sure to take care of anyone that does have any issues though, at least that bit we can guarantee

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to the StreetGuardian website and I downloaded the firmware update. I followed the instructions, extracted .bin file to EMPTY card and placed in the camera. Powered it up and it just started recording. I checked the version and it still showed the 20150305.002 version. Anyone else having issues with this?

So I went to the StreetGuardian website and I downloaded the firmware update. I followed the instructions, extracted .bin file to EMPTY card and placed in the camera. Powered it up and it just started recording. I checked the version and it still showed the 20150305.002 version. Anyone else having issues with this?

The firmware update isn't available yet, I think you might have downloaded the SG9665GM firmware (and not the SG9665GC)

Just to prove how much better the metal lens holders are my car was sat all day today in the sun and you can see there's zero difference in focus unlike a lot of other models out there.

Ignore the time stamps as I forgot to set the timezone after resetting the settings to default as I was in a hurry (d'oh!!)

focus-morning.jpg focus-night.jpg

Just to prove how much better the metal lens holders are my car was sat all day today in the sun and you can see there's zero difference in focus unlike a lot of other models out there.

Ignore the time stamps as I forgot to set the timezone after resetting the settings to default as I was in a hurry (d'oh!!)

View attachment 13676 View attachment 13677

I sound ignorant, but which pic is for what?

The top pic is the start of the work day as I parked the car up and the bottom pic is from the camera as soon as it had powered on 9 hours later :)

The top pic is the start of the work day as I parked the car up and the bottom pic is from the camera as soon as it had powered on 9 hours later :)
if this was my old blackspew the first image would be not as clear and the second one would be either that blurry you wouldn't be able to make much out or it would be half pink and useless to everyone.
heres a night time comparison. not that hot either.

Last edited:
Indeed I cannot see any difference at all...

So I just got my SG9665GC installed and went for a test run just now. So far it works really great!

It's also a stark reminder that I really need to wash my windows...

My only issue seems to be with glare and reflection of the dashboard. I have my unit installed just to the right of the rear view mirror anchor, about 1.5 inches away (so I have room for my fingers to insert/eject microSD card, and unmount from the unit's anchor). As you can see from the screenshot, the reflection from my dashboard is quite apparent. Any tips on getting rid of the reflection? I've already angled the lens up a little bit, since I don't need so much of my dashboard in the view.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-05-31-18h15m29s015.jpg
    vlcsnap-2015-05-31-18h15m29s015.jpg
    785.2 KB · Views: 20
So I just got my SG9665GC installed and went for a test run just now. So far it works really great!

It's also a stark reminder that I really need to wash my windows...

My only issue seems to be with glare and reflection of the dashboard. I have my unit installed just to the right of the rear view mirror anchor, about 1.5 inches away (so I have room for my fingers to insert/eject microSD card, and unmount from the unit's anchor). As you can see from the screenshot, the reflection from my dashboard is quite apparent. Any tips on getting rid of the reflection? I've already angled the lens up a little bit, since I don't need so much of my dashboard in the view.

Unfortunately, the SG9665GC is prone to dashboard reflections and it can be worse with certain cars than others. Consider purchasing a black DashMat if the problem is something you just can't live with. Some people use polarizing filters to reduce windshield reflections on dash cams and there have been a few attempts at a DIY solution for the SG like THIS one and THIS one.

In the example screen shots from @reverend above a black dash mat is in use and you can see the benefits.

Back