Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got corrupted files and no recordings this morning. spewing as well as I came across a good incident I wanted to post up here and missed it all, missed the entire drive.
date has gone from todays date to the 1st june 2015 10am right after a corrupted file and didn't record the journey.
jokiin?????

I just got corrupted files and no recordings this morning. spewing as well as I came across a good incident I wanted to post up here and missed it all, missed the entire drive.
date has gone from todays date to the 1st june 2015 10am right after a corrupted file and didn't record the journey.
jokiin?????

very unusual, have you formatted the card recently?

I'll PM you a firmware update to try

very unusual, have you formatted the card recently?

I'll PM you a firmware update to try
not formatted recently no, im about to if you don't need any files off of it.

Let us know how you get on with the power supply, we're working on some other changes which we may need you to try if that doesn't clear things up for you

Jokiin, I hardwired the power supply yesterday will go out sometime today see if it makes any difference. Also, just as an add on, my car has TPMS but I haven't seen any TPMS errors show up on my dash. I'll pay closer attention but I don't think it's of concern in my car.

To VadimY, hope you don't mind my using your diagram.

My wiring is similar to VadimY's diagram(below) the exception I don't get the TPMS error. The wiring, in my case, runs above the passenger visor as displayed below (usb power cord to GC, GPS to GC and Onstar antenna) which experiences interference. When I tried testing with GC supplied cord (power cord 2 in diagram) I didn't notice FM interference.
sg9665gc-jpg.13389

Hope this is of some help.

Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big fan of car radio, I rarely use it, but I have noticed too that there is a new problem with my built-in radio in FM.
It was always 5/5 but now even trees can make a local station feel out-of-range, and going inside a parking or a tunnel I loose it all immediately,
while it used to work OK until second level below to my garage.
NOT sure it's related to the 9665 though, but I see nothing else new...

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007, power plug on front central console, wire going under dashboard passenger side, around windscreen along side pillar. VadimY's style.
FM antenna short model on the top back of car roof, no idea where the wire runs from there to radio. Worst effect around 100 MHz stations..

Edit: a 104.00 MHz station also affected badly.

Last edited:
once we get these updated adapters I'll ask anyone that has any interference issues to get in touch and we'll send you out the new adapters

And adding 2 big thumbs up in my mind :)

Today I ordered the SG9665GC from Pier 28,Inc. Less than 45 minutes after placing my order, I received an e-mail informing me that my order had been shipped. Now that is some fast customer service!
Once again, the information, suggestions and observations from the members of this forum have greatly benefitted me in my choice of vendors and products. I am looking forward to both my new camera and my new relationship with Pier 28.

Likewise, I actually ordered it last week (though had it shipped to my bro in the USA) and it was all done in a matter of 3 days: ordered on Tuesday night, bro sends SMS saying it's arrived on Friday evening. That was fast!

Now I'll have to spend more time waiting to go visit him next week than I will have waited to get that receipt SMS from my brother!

Today I ordered the SG9665GC from Pier 28,Inc. Less than 45 minutes after placing my order, I received an e-mail informing me that my order had been shipped. Now that is some fast customer service!
Once again, the information, suggestions and observations from the members of this forum have greatly benefitted me in my choice of vendors and products. I am looking forward to both my new camera and my new relationship with Pier 28.

Both are outstanding for sure :)

I haven't read this whole thread, but I am seeing some posts about TPMS problems with this dash cam and Chevy Volts? I just installed this last night (2014 Volt) and I noticed my TPMS was flaky today - it lost connection to one wheel then came back after a few minutes.

Do you think its the power cord causing some interference?

I haven't read this whole thread, but I am seeing some posts about TPMS problems with this dash cam and Chevy Volts? I just installed this last night (2014 Volt) and I noticed my TPMS was flaky today - it lost connection to one wheel then came back after a few minutes.

Do you think its the power cord causing some interference?

Once we get these updated adapters I'll ship one to any customer that has any interference issues.

jokiin?????
Was hot weather? Why I asking, today was around 96 F. Trying to check my videos... Card full (as usual), but on card only one corrupted file...
Now card formatted in the dash cam, will check tomorrow

Back