Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

You guys rock! Not only did I get support and straight answers from vendor and maker, other members came to help too. Reason #143,871 to buy a Street Guardian :)
I thought we were up to #589,874

about 19-23 December I will be doing a joint test DR650GW-1CH and SG9665GC

Hi all, I'm not sure what to make of it. I tried searching for posts about "flicker", but I really only got results about the refresh rate (50 vs 60 Hz)

Anyways, I've uploaded to YouTube what I'm witnessing in all my videos. These go back at least 2 weeks now I think.

Do you see the banding/flickering? It's especially noticeable in the upper half of the clip.

I have not updated the firmware yet, that's what I'm about to do right now. Also, I'm using the original Kingston 32GB card that came with the camera.

@daver, looks like your sensor needs to be recalibrated possibly. I'll private message you the special instructions. Update the firmware first, then do the calibration. (check your inbox shortly)

Hi all, I'm not sure what to make of it. I tried searching for posts about "flicker", but I really only got results about the refresh rate (50 vs 60 Hz)

Anyways, I've uploaded to YouTube what I'm witnessing in all my videos. These go back at least 2 weeks now I think.

Do you see the banding/flickering? It's especially noticeable in the upper half of the clip.

I have not updated the firmware yet, that's what I'm about to do right now. Also, I'm using the original Kingston 32GB card that came with the camera.
You will see that in very low light situations

@Pier28 thanks I'll look into that PM now.

You will see that in very low light situations
I just created that video so that I could try to clearly demonstrate that flickering, but I'm seeing this during day time videos as well, in broad day light (sun, cloud, rain, etc.)

@Pier28 thanks I'll look into that PM now.

I just created that video so that I could try to clearly demonstrate that flickering, but I'm seeing this during day time videos as well, in broad day light (sun, cloud, rain, etc.)

calibration may help to minimise that effect

Just realised had my SG9665GC over one year! Video and Audio are as perfect as day one and reliable. That's all I wanted in a Dash Cam. For the curious firmware has never been updated, the CPL like new and survived the summer against my front window. As I don't drive a real lot except for work, errands and the odd family trip, I really have had no mishaps or crazy things happen to record. Thanks again to Jokiin for help with the initial purchase.

and the thing that sucks is different people are affected with different problems.

and the thing that sucks is different people are affected with different problems.

it's the nature of electronics unfortunately, when there's a common problem it's much easier to address, we have had some of those over the life of the product and they're much easier to address than random problems

tell me about it, its like computer programming, something works fine on your computer and plays up on different computers different ways.

As Stevesau, I have now had my SG9665GC for more than a year. It is used 5/6 days a week in my truck for 10 - 11 hours per day, with 64 gb card in. It is installed every morning and removed every night due to security issues. I have found it to be very reliable producing very good quality video in above 95% of situations. The only video quality issues I have found have been in extreme circumstances eg. exiting a tunnel picture burns out for a second or two and on very sunny days ( not to many in UK ) in a sand quarry I visit regular, the sand is almost white. the sky tends to burn out, but everything else is visable. Vehicle registration plates are easily readable about 90% of the time. The Camera itself is not really showing any signs of problems or wear but the usb lead outer protection has broken and will need to be replaced, but like I said earlier my camera is put in and out every day and this wear is to be expected. All in all a very good install and forget system

As Stevesau, I have now had my SG9665GC for more than a year. It is used 5/6 days a week in my truck for 10 - 11 hours per day, with 64 gb card in. It is installed every morning and removed every night due to security issues. I have found it to be very reliable producing very good quality video in above 95% of situations. The only video quality issues I have found have been in extreme circumstances eg. exiting a tunnel picture burns out for a second or two and on very sunny days ( not to many in UK ) in a sand quarry I visit regular, the sand is almost white. the sky tends to burn out, but everything else is visable. Vehicle registration plates are easily readable about 90% of the time. The Camera itself is not really showing any signs of problems or wear but the usb lead outer protection has broken and will need to be replaced, but like I said earlier my camera is put in and out every day and this wear is to be expected. All in all a very good install and forget system

thanks for the feedback, please message me your address details and we'll arrange a new USB power lead for you

Four years on my SG9665GC V1 still hasn’t missed a beat. The GPS module melted one day had it sitting on dash but not missed it. Still on original firmware. Quality of footage has not deteriorated. I’m glad it has stood the test of time with heat and cold. Thanks to Jokiin and the team.

Back