Street Guardian sent me someones broken dash camera

Amazon don't share the buyers details, you're always a step removed from knowing who you're dealing with, all the seller can do is report the fraudulent return and I guess (hopefully at least) if enough strikes against a buyer Amazon might do something

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a raw deal for sellers, although with at least five instances of it happening and perhaps more in the future perhaps Amazon might be convinced to take some sort of action.

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a raw deal for sellers, although with at least five instances of it happening and perhaps more in the future perhaps Amazon might be convinced to take some sort of action.

they can be a nightmare at times, just the way they are though unfortunately

Interesting. And that seller has an awful lot of open box items on offer and an astonishing number of items sold.

they have a lot of items in general, have to wonder if they actually have stock or it's just some sort of skinned store that scrapes other listings and adds a markup

they can be a nightmare at times, just the way they are though unfortunately

I guess for sellers it just becomes part of the cost of doing business on Amazon. Reminds me of some of my experiences on eBay. And a buddy of mine, a guy who buys and sells vintage short wave radios gave up on eBay after people would return old radios they'd purchased with all the good working tubes replaced with dead ones. eBay would do nothing about it.

they have a lot of items in general, have to wonder if they actually have stock or it's just some sort of skinned store that scrapes other listings and adds a markup

Looks a lot like that may be the case. Lotta' work considering how many sales they close.

I've met Simon actually, very clever young guy

Would love to have been a fly on a wall......... His CV explains his gradual learning through working for multinationals constructing stable and secure websites but man does he have to constantly and regularly fight for control with so many members of his own with so many constant hack attacks but I guess he knew what to expect

And here I was thinking picking flies out of the air with chopsticks was trickery in Karate Kid

yeah unfortunately they are too big to ignore
One has to wonder if it's worth it, when you balance the amount of sales with all the headaches they give you. :unsure:

One has to wonder if it's worth it, when you balance the amount of sales with all the headaches they give you. :unsure:

damned if you do, damned if you don't, they're such a dominant marketplace for the USA you're pretty much forced to be there, they own such a large portion of the online business market

damned if you do, damned if you don't, they're such a dominant marketplace for the USA you're pretty much forced to be there, they own such a large portion of the online business market
True that - and it's not about to change since their buyer protection and return policies I don't think can be matched by any other online outlet.

Amazon are in the process of setting up in Australia. It is thought that they may be up and running by Christmas.

Back