Street Guardian SG9665GC Deluxe Kit dashcam review

Thanks Jokiin.......and links to sellers who sell a basic kit?

Thanks Jokiin.......and links to sellers who sell a basic kit?

given you're in Thailand you need to buy elsewhere anyway, Hiniko sells them in a variety of configs but being in the UK there's VAT and duties etc that add to the price http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_105_179 so you'd still probably do better to buy a full kit from Pier28 as there's no extra taxes and duties https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html

Ok, thanks. If the 118-C doesn't measure up it will get a new home and the SG can snap right in.

K4Eqoplh.jpg

Finally got the CPL in (Thanks again to Calgary Dash Camera :D). My windshield is severely slanted and prone to causing reflections in the video footage. Day time video recording is much better now.

Got the same problem with my windshield. Thankfully my CPL has been ordered from jokiin and on its way soon. Good to know it has made a difference.

your payment came through, the CPL will go out today for you

Brilliant ,thanks very much, really looking forward to seeing the massive reflections on the screen reduced.. So pleased with the camera, it is nice to know that here in the Australian heat there is no battery to worry about . Hopefully the 0805 I have now fitted in the rear behaves itself. Was not going to use it again once the SG9965CG was fitted, hopefully I can change the Mini 0805 later for a camera with capacitors , Do you know any cameras that have them? ;)

K4Eqoplh.jpg

Finally got the CPL in (Thanks again to Calgary Dash Camera :D). My windshield is severely slanted and prone to causing reflections in the video footage. Day time video recording is much better now.

Interesting how the shadow and reflection from top case / cover can create an effect of a half-moon CPL lens filter ( grey vs clear area on the CPL lens filter surface )

Hi
Does anyone have experience with this unit in a 4x4 on seriously corrugated dirt roads?
I've heard reports about the mounting clip deforming and coming lose. Is this still a problem?
I need something for an off road 4x4 where there can be a 1000Km of continuous, appalling corrugations in one day for days on end. If the cam is going to fall apart then its no use to me.

thanks

GC is ideal since it hugs the glass tight and there is nothing hanging to build pendulum like momentum with. Add the included EVA foam pad and it will be extra tight.

More info:

http://download1479.mediafire.com/rqfrtvm3naog/8wcjfaf8sb19quf/SG9665GC_User_Manual.pdf
Page 19

EVA foam pads – may be used if the camera has movement on the mount to eliminate any rattles, once the 3M tape bonds the bracket will pull into the shape of the window, this can allow some movement of the camera on the bracket, the EVA foam will allow a more secure fit and will eliminate rattles.

6KaVJdk.png

Thanks for that but what about the connection between the base plate and the recorder body?

Last edited:
Yup, do that as well but weeks of endless corrugations in the outback are way more threatening to the truck. They simply vibrate apart.
Can you imagine not being able to shout loudly enough to be heard by the guy next to you, can't read any gauges... Things just break or undo and fall off - fuel tanks drop out, diffs crack, simply unbelievable unless you see it first hand.

I think the GC can handle it.

You definitely don't want some low hanging classic mounted DashCam/ActionCam. (Again the pendulum effect)

Yup, do that as well but weeks of endless corrugations in the outback are way more threatening to the truck. They simply vibrate apart.
Can you imagine not being able to shout loudly enough to be heard by the guy next to you, can't read any gauges... Things just break or undo and fall off - fuel tanks drop out, diffs crack, simply unbelievable unless you see it first hand.
sounds like you need to tow a grader behind you to flatten it out a bit.

I've bought my GC just a couple of days before a 9000km trip through Scandinavia, where roads are often in a really bad shape. Ice plates on the road surface makes the rattling even worse. It may not be as bad as in the outback of Australia, but I really never felt the camera would not be up against it. Now, half a year later, it still works great and sits firmly on my windscreen.

Back