Street Guardian SG9665GC is very blurry

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
umpteen
I got the same issue: focus shifted at times. Can you send me possible fix instructions? My serial number: SGGC15300100
Just curious to know what version SG9665GC you have. This going-out-of-focus issue has been a chronic problem with the SG9665GC going all the way back to the V1 and still reported with the V3. I've had three GC units that have had focus issues including my current V2 which has had a long term subtle, but noticeable left side focus problem. Street Guardian will have you believe that this is a rarely reported issue except that there are at least a dozen separate threads reporting on SG9665GC focus problems. When I first reported it I was told it was a "one-off".

To the best of my knowledge, Street Guardian has finally addressed this issue in more recent camera models and happily these reports seems to have died down, so hopefully this is old news for Street Guardian going forward.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
OOF is the lesser evil, like the flu when the other options are plague or typhoid.
Still not nice when it strike.
I updated my friend cuz he is a lazy mofo from the V1 to the V3 when i hardwired his Mercedes a few weeks ago, but my friend are not looking at his camera often, and he are also not keeping his windscreen clean, which his near miss video from yesterday also prove

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Latest SG9663DCPRO and SGGCX2PRO lens has been rock solid. I can’t even remember the last focus support inquiry that wasn’t just because they forgot to remove the protective film off the lens.

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
umpteen
we changed suppliers a few times until we got what we needed, current models were made specific for our products, not an off the shelf model
Very pleased to hear that.

Always appreciate that despite various issues over time you always strive to keep improving the product(s).

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Very pleased to hear that.

Always appreciate that despite various issues over time you always strive to keep improving the product(s).
without exception there is always room for improvement in every product, we will continue looking to make things better

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
umpteen
without exception there is always room for improvement in every product, we will continue looking to make things better
Improvement is certainly a worthy goal for sure but actually acknowledging the existence of a serious problem or flaw if and when it may arise is also a worthy endeavor. Ensures credibility.