Street Guardian SG9665GC is very blurry

I got the same issue: focus shifted at times. Can you send me possible fix instructions? My serial number: SGGC15300100

Just curious to know what version SG9665GC you have. This going-out-of-focus issue has been a chronic problem with the SG9665GC going all the way back to the V1 and still reported with the V3. I've had three GC units that have had focus issues including my current V2 which has had a long term subtle, but noticeable left side focus problem. Street Guardian will have you believe that this is a rarely reported issue except that there are at least a dozen separate threads reporting on SG9665GC focus problems. When I first reported it I was told it was a "one-off".

To the best of my knowledge, Street Guardian has finally addressed this issue in more recent camera models and happily these reports seems to have died down, so hopefully this is old news for Street Guardian going forward.

OOF is the lesser evil, like the flu when the other options are plague or typhoid.
Still not nice when it strike.
I updated my friend cuz he is a lazy mofo from the V1 to the V3 when i hardwired his Mercedes a few weeks ago, but my friend are not looking at his camera often, and he are also not keeping his windscreen clean, which his near miss video from yesterday also prove

Latest SG9663DCPRO and SGGCX2PRO lens has been rock solid. I can’t even remember the last focus support inquiry that wasn’t just because they forgot to remove the protective film off the lens.

we changed suppliers a few times until we got what we needed, current models were made specific for our products, not an off the shelf model

Very pleased to hear that.

Always appreciate that despite various issues over time you always strive to keep improving the product(s).

Very pleased to hear that.

Always appreciate that despite various issues over time you always strive to keep improving the product(s).
without exception there is always room for improvement in every product, we will continue looking to make things better

without exception there is always room for improvement in every product, we will continue looking to make things better

Improvement is certainly a worthy goal for sure but actually acknowledging the existence of a serious problem or flaw if and when it may arise is also a worthy endeavor. Ensures credibility.

Did you open it up and refocus as was mentioned previously?
Even though it's out of warranty I am afraid of breaking it. Besides there are no clear instructions on how to do so.

Even though it's out of warranty I am afraid of breaking it. Besides there are no clear instructions on how to do so.
Ok, it makes sense that the problem is still there if you haven't changed anything

if you don't feel comfortable opening it up arrange to get it to @Street Guardian USA and we'll get it sorted out for you, he's moving offices next week so it might need to wait a few days but it's no problem to get it done for you

Dang that's pretty soft :unsure:

Well that comparison is void, was looking at the camera lens and noticed it still had glue from the blue film. I will see how it does tomorrow. Will also be using the filter, I didn't want to because the Aukey does not have one but there is too much reflection.

Well it turns out the glue had nothing to do with the video being blurry. It might be the focus thing. Don't know if the replacement is brand new or refurbished or used but I think this one is worse than my v2 I sent. At time of purchase my v2 was $200, I bought the Aukey DR02 for less than $50. Thank you @Street Guardian USA for helping me with the camera. Being out of warranty you certainly are not required to. Nice to know you stand by your product. Updated video comparison without the glue.

I have a few spare SG9665GC V1’s here I use as complementary replacements. But yes they are five years old though. Our factory has switched lens suppliers since that model and we have close to zero focus issues on all our latest products

Back