Street Guardian SGZC12RC. Low profile Slide IN-OUT bracket / mount

I have a 3D printer, they're OK for prototypes but not finished goods

Yes, 3D printer would make my prototyping hobby work much easier than going trough all surrounding "everyday objects" and figuring out how to put together all this lego or where to cut, polish, glue, etc. If prototype proves to be interesting promising solution, then who knows, might go into production. ( I am glad that dreaming is for free :)

Whatever you get Niko, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you will do with it. :)

Do you want to know what I will do with it first ? - same as with most of my new gadgets: I just plug it into socket and straight away start playing around without reading a user manual, because I think I am "the smartest" : ), but after something goes wrong, only then I start reading user manual and looking for help from forums :)

Do you want to know what I will do with it first ? - same as with most of my new gadgets: I just plug it into socket and straight away start playing around without reading a user manual, because I think I am "the smartest" : ), but after something goes wrong, only then I start reading user manual and looking for help from forums :)

That's what I do! Sometimes I have brilliant success, sometimes I wish I had read the instructions.

I guess you would be in a far better position to develop your ideas say in respect of a pre-production model/s next step is to form a relationship with a reliable injection moulder or manufacturer then you are on your way.....

A good friend of mine has one for doing scaled down models of his products and it is simply amazing to watch them come to life so to speak - such incredible technology. such a tool has cut down his development time and presenting the model to his customer makes the further development to meet his customers 'visual' requirements that much easier, quicker and of course much more cost effective.

When you do take the step we will need a video from you of it in operation:D

Of course that is what we men do we all know better than the makers who spent time on producing the instruction manual...

the better the design is the less instructions you need

Absolutely, but a manual should be a good reference guide and a 'just in case I need help' prompter and to cover the many nuances that hi-tech products have built into them that we the non-tech end user aka 'Joe public' might just need help with.

I have had my current motor for ten years and still refer to the manual when I forget how to re-set the gizmo's after say simply disconnecting the battery or resetting the service info and myriad of other stuff and lets not go into the home entertainment kit that I have:rolleyes: even reading the manual needs an 'ology' or two for me.

a simple to follow manual is still needed, the better the design of the product is the less you need to refer to it though

a simple to follow manual is still needed, the better the design of the product is the less you need to refer to it though

Well designed products are intuitive and self explanatory but a manual can still be vital. Often a well crafted manual can provide that one or two vital nuggets of information you might never have figured out on your own.

Last edited:
Yes, 3D printer would make my prototyping hobby work much easier than going trough all surrounding "everyday objects" and figuring out how to put together all this lego or where to cut, polish, glue, etc. If prototype proves to be interesting promising solution, then who knows, might go into production. ( I am glad that dreaming is for free :)

New, Terminator-inspired 3D printing technique pulls whole objects from liquid resin by exposing it to beams of light and oxygen. It's 25 to 100 times faster than other methods of 3D printing without the defects of layer-by-layer fabrication.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...blows-3d-printing-out-of-the-water-literally/

That looks amazing how it just comes out like that - I wonder how clean it comes off the mount though?

Makes you wonder what they'll be doing in another 30 years though!

This Liquid 3D printing process sounds extremely similar to the first time I'd ever heard of 3D printing in an article I read back in the late 1990s. The article was about how the US Navy was developing just such a technology where objects were being created within a vat of liquid polymer using computer controlled lasers to solidify groups of molecules within the polymer. The idea back then as explained by the Navy was that they were seeking a way to beam parts via satellite to ships at sea anywhere in the world.

That's certainly true.

According to this article, the Navy's "Print the Fleet" program envisions 4D printing. ""With the advancements in 4D printing, you have a capability in which after you print something, you are afforded the ability to change the form and function of the item. It's a whole new domain of capabilities".

This Liquid 3D printing process sounds extremely similar to the first time I'd ever heard of 3D printing in an article I read back in the late 1990s. The article was about how the US Navy was developing just such a technology where objects were being created within a vat of liquid polymer using computer controlled lasers to solidify groups of molecules within the polymer. The idea back then as explained by the Navy was that they were seeking a way to beam parts via satellite to ships at sea anywhere in the world.
Back in late 90s one of my friends started business with 3D laser printing service of those "glass cubes" were you can "in-print" any 3D object inside glass cube. Dont know how its called correctly, but I hope you know what I mean. I guess its sort of similar process with liquid 3D printer, just with different outcome result.

Reading about the development of 3D printing back in the 1990s was very interesting but the thing that nobody envisioned back then was that the technology might become ubiquitous or that anyone could buy a printer to have on their desk.
Then again, many government invented military inspired technologies are like that. The inventors of the internet never imagined that it would become a method for millions of people to send cute cat pictures to each other all over the world from their desktops or pocket devices.

Back