Street Guardian SGZC12SG - producing bad mp4 files ... is it the SD cards?

@Pier28, hi Jon, I'm experiencing the corrupt file problem on my Panorama G, albeit quite infrequently, using 1.00.07. on 32Gb Transend cards
Is the Beta firmware set for release soon, or possibly you could let me have a copy of the Beta ?

Steve

PM sent with 1.01.02

Last edited:
Jon has been very helpful so far with resolving my firmware issue. Unfortunately, I too am having problems with recordings.

Some of my movies work, most don't. I often get "Unrecognizable format" on the cam and numerous other messages when I try to watch on VLC, Quicktime and even Windows Media Player.

I've ordered a new 32GB SD card, as I'm currently using a micro SD in an adapter. Perhaps that's the problem?

I'm not very technically minded, so I couldn't tell you which one I'm on. However, Jon sent me a file yesterday evening, which I believe is the latest one.

I did some research and found out (after I bought the micro SD) that I should be using an SD instead.

I've ordered one and it should arrive soon.

Hi Stel, you actually have a Panorama S. I think the new 32GB you just ordered will fix everything. Your older microSD via adapter is too slow / no good most likely. The new S firmware file I sent you applies the same exFAT write fix here as the Panorama G (aka SGZC12SG) talked about here. (Same developer)

Fantastic. Thanks Jon. Just shows how technically inept/thick I am that I didn't realise which cam I had lol..

Do I need to put the FAT file on the SD card, and install the firmware with this card?

No problem we are here to help all. I believe you said the update was successful. That means your camera is now up to date. All you need to do is pop in the new card (in the panorama that is) , and format it using the touch screen settings menu.

Fantastic. Cheers Jon. Will let you know how I get on.

Was going to buy this model until I read this thread. Is this issue resolved? If I do purchase one, which would most likely be through Amazon, would I have to immediately do a firmware update?

Thanks,

Tony

This issue was fixed in the latest firmware 1.01.02
Our Amazon stock should all be on the latest firmware. Touch the "about" button on the settings screen to confirm.

I just received my Street Guardian 'G' from Amazon last week and it has the 1.01.01 Firmware, you posted that all the Amazon stock was the latest 1.01.02 Firmware.
I am using a Samsung EVO Class 10 32GB SD UHS card, the card was formatted in the camera.
Today when I shut the camera off and pulled the SD card to review the video on my computer it had corrupted MP4 files. This is disappointing.
How do I get the new Firmware and how do I upload it into the camera?
Thanks for any help with this.

I just received my Street Guardian 'G' from Amazon last week and it has the 1.01.01 Firmware, you posted that all the Amazon stock was the latest 1.01.02 Firmware.
I am using a Samsung EVO Class 10 32GB SD UHS card, the card was formatted in the camera.
Today when I shut the camera off and pulled the SD card to review the video on my computer it had corrupted MP4 files. This is disappointing.
How do I get the new Firmware and how do I upload it into the camera?
Thanks for any help with this.

Hi, looks like Amazon held back some older stock then. I assumed incorrectly that all shipping units would have 1.01.02 by now. I'll PM you the new firmware, check your inbox.
Samsung EVO cards have known problems across all DashCam products. I recomend any card but EVO. They are the lowest cost, but something funky is going on with EVO and DashCams.

Hi, looks like Amazon held back some older stock then. I assumed incorrectly that all shipping units would have 1.01.02 by now. I'll PM you the new firmware now.
Samsung EVO cards have known problems across all DashCam products. I recomend any card but EVO. They are the lowest cost, but something funky is going on with EVO and DashCams.
Yesterday I ordered a Lexar Platinum Class 10 64GB card, I'll have it Tuesday. I'll format it in my computer as ExFAT and install it in the camera.

Yesterday I ordered a Lexar Platinum Class 10 64GB card, I'll have it Tuesday. I'll format it in my computer as ExFAT and install it in the camera.

Ok great, but you should never format the card in the computer using the new firmware. Only format the card inside the Panorama via settings menu.

Ok great, but you should never format the card in the computer using the new firmware. Only format the card inside the Panorama via settings menu.
Okay, format a 64GB card in the camera with the new 1.01.02 Firmware.
Waiting for new Firmware, I guess you have instructions in that email about how to update, yes?

it will already be formatted exFAT but just format in the camera once you're on the new firmware anyway

Okay, format a 64GB card in the camera with the new 1.01.02 Firmware.
Waiting for new Firmware, I guess you have instructions in that email about how to update, yes?

Correct a nice message is waiting for you already. I sent you a PM (Private Message) Click the inbox in the upper right corner of DashCamTalk.

Thank you for the Firmware package and instructions. I updated the Firmware on the 'G' and after a reboot verified that it was installed, all good.
We had to go out so I got the camera running to record the drive.
The car was turned off at our destination and upon restart the camera booted to the LCD screen, then locked up with a black screen and the green capacitor icon in the middle.
I pulled the power cord, re-powered and it locked up again - so I left it off.
Unfortunately, I only have that Samsung 32 GB SD card, it's not an EVO though, it's a 'Plus SDHC UHS-1'.

When I got home I pulled the SD card and looked at the video files on my computer, I had 5 files, 3 were corrupted. I'm thinking the Samsung is at fault again.
The 2 good video files were beautiful, clear, love the wide angle view, the Mic worked fine.
I'll try again when I get the Lexar SD card on Tuesday, fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help. :)

Back