Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor: (www.hiniko.com)

Agree with everything written above about Niko - one hell of a guy not that many like him left (sadly) It would seem reading all the posts relating to this product line (Street Guardian) that the common thread is attention to the detail that many suppliers fail to deliver on and/or simply pay lip service to (those well worn phrases of) 'quality' and 'customer service' - excellence in all they (individually and collectively) do is clearly the standard....

Agree with everything written above about Niko - one hell of a guy not that many like him left (sadly) It would seem reading all the posts relating to this product line (Street Guardian) that the common thread is attention to the detail that many suppliers fail to deliver on and/or simply pay lip service to (those well worn phrases of) 'quality' and 'customer service' - excellence in all they (individually and collectively) do is clearly the standard....

@niko is very results focused, customer service is a natural extension of that, we're not without problems but we will always work to improve what we're doing, improve our product to be the best we can be, we still have a long way to go to get to where we need to be

Happy to announce that New 2nd Batch of Street Guardian SG9665GC is just arrived.

Ready to dispatch next working day.
Express Delivery to most EU counties 2-3 ( max 4 ) working days.

NO Customs, VAT, Duty or any other charges for EU countries !
2 Years Warranty !

New 2nd batch stock comes with some additional- and improved accessories.

• OTG MicroSD / SD Card reader ( MicroUSB / USB ), allows to playback video directly on your Android Smartphone.
  • Double-shielded cigarette lighter charger cable. Reduces FM / AM Radio interference.
  • EVA Foam pads for dashcam mount / holder
Upgrade to 64Gb MicroSD Card is available upon request.

P.S. some additional accessories will be added within 1-2 days. ( Hardwire kit, adapters, extension cables, cigarette lighter splitters etc. )

SG9665GC V2.jpg

Now available new additional accessories.

LENS DUST BLOWER

Dashcamera Lens Dust Blower.
Compact design. Made of quality rubber. Plastic nozzle.
Allows quick maintenance of your dashcamera lens to keep them dust-free without using lens wipes.
Can be also used in different household situation ( PC / Laptop keyboard,- mobile phones etc. cleaning )

a Lens Dust Blower (1).jpg

a Lens Dust Blower (2).jpg

a Lens Dust Blower (3).jpg

INSTALLATION / DISSASSEMBLY TOOL "HAMEI"

"Hamei" Installation / Disassembly Tool burning-demo vs "other" cheaper tools

Quality brand "Hamei" Installation / Disassembly tool.
Helps to run dashcamera cables under and between car upholstery,- panels,- trims.

Hamei Tool (1).jpg

Hamei Tool (2).jpg

Hamei Tool (4).jpg

Hamei Tool (5).jpg

Hamei Tool (6).jpg

Hamei Tool (3).jpg

What is the function of the EVA Foam pads for dashcam mount / holder ? Thanks
To provide a more stronger / stable connection between main unit and mount.

Due to wear and tear a gap can occur, the EVA foams go in between stick on mount on windscreen and the camera itself to fill the gap.

Not really a problem for a guy like me who dont record sound on the dashcam.

if you have a old product i do think the guys will forward some of these EVA foams if needed as per the usioal routine :)
But if you have the problem and a little fantasy yourself i dont think its worth bothering the guys for, i think a couple of small drops of cyano glue on the back of the camera will fill that gap nice.

Let glue harden offcourse to form a little bump to fill out gap, for god sake dont glue it all together :D

No biggie in my eyes.

What is the function of the EVA Foam pads for dashcam mount / holder ? Thanks

not everyone needs them but if you find you get a rattle in your audio from the camera being a bit loose on the mount (depends on your window how much the mount bends as the 3M tape bonds and pulls in towards the glass) then you can stick the 3M pad over the mating surface of the mount and it eliminates this little bit of movement, not everyone will need this but we include them anyway

if anyone from earlier shipments has one that is doing this and needs the pads just let us know and we can mail some out

not everyone needs them but if you find you get a rattle in your audio from the camera being a bit loose on the mount (depends on your window how much the mount bends as the 3M tape bonds and pulls in towards the glass) then you can stick the 3M pad over the mating surface of the mount and it eliminates this little bit of movement, not everyone will need this but we include them anyway

if anyone from earlier shipments has one that is doing this and needs the pads just let us know and we can mail some out
Thanks. Can both mounts (thin , thick) be used in every application, or are they for specific uses?

Thanks. Can both mounts (thin , thick) be used in every application, or are they for specific uses?
on some vertical windows the thinner mount might not provide enough clearance for the lens to aim where you want, the thicker mount will allow full rotation, very few people need the thicker mount for their installation but it's there just in case, we also get people wanting a second mount for a spare vehicle etc so useful anyway I think

Also now available a CELL POWER MiniUSB Hardwire Kit with BDP ( power discharge prevention ) device.

Approved to use with Street Guardian SG9665GC dashcamera.
CE and RoHS Certified. Beware of cheaper analogues !
"CELL POWER" comes from developer of "Street Guardian"

• 12V to 5V MiniUSB Power Adapter with BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention). Also can be used on 24V vehicles ( 24v to 5V )
  • 11.6V / 23.2V Low Voltage Cut-Off for Street Guardian SG9665GC (and other mini-USB powered) DashCam products
  • Tap into your car's fuse box for hard wired power.
  • You can wire the CELL POWER miniUSB BDP hard wire kit to a "Switched" Accessory fuse power circuit and it will turn on/off with the car engine.
  • You can also wire it to "Non-Switched" Battery fuse power circuit and it will supply power 24/7 until Battery Discharge Prevention kicks in and shuts off the camera.
  • Note: you need to buy an add-a-fuse pig tail to connect this, available HERE
  • Total Length = 13 feet / (4 meters)
  • miniUSB side = 8 feet / (2.5 meters)
  • fuse panel side wire = 5ft (1.5 meters) [red/black wires are 16 AWG
SANY0073.JPG

SANY0074.JPG

Complete Blade Fuse KIT. Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Fuse Holder 12/24V ( ATO/ATV, Mini, Micro )
For dashcamera hardwiring

This In-Line Fuse Holder is Designed to Turn One Slot Into Two

Kit of 3 different Fuse types:
-ATO/ATV
-Mini Blade Fuse.
-Low Profile Mini/Micro

· Wire Length: about 12cm.
· Total length: about 16 cm
· MAX Installation Rating Up To 20Amps
· The parts of ACS base and ACS coverwere welded by Ultrasonic wave.

Package content:
1pcs Fuse Removal Tool
3pcs 12cm Piggy Back fuse holder ( Micro, Mini, ATO/ATV )
3pcs wire plug
3pcs wire plug cover
3pcs ground wire connector
6pcs 10cm heat shrink tubes
15pcs Fuses: 3A, 5A, 7,5A,10A, 15A, 20A

abc-1.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Also sold separately.

Low Profile Mini / Micro Blade Fuse KIT. Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Fuse Holder 12/24V

Low Mini 1.jpg

Mini Blade Fuse KIT. Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Fuse Holder 12/24V

Mini 1.jpg

ATO / ATV Standard Blade Fuse KIT. Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Fuse Holder 12/24V

ATO ATV 1.jpg

Complete KIT.
MiniUSB CELL POWER BDP Hardwire + Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Fuse Holder 12/24V ( ATO/ATV, Mini, MIcro )

BDP and Fuse add a circuit-1.jpg

Hi Niko, I've been spending a few hours reading the forums on here trying to decide on a dash cam. I had a budget in mind of £100, however I think I've made my mind up on going for a street guardian cam.

I want to have the camera hard wired into the van, which is a 2007 vw caddy.
My main criteria for a dash cam is for when the van is left parked. Hence the hard wire route.

I've had a good look on your website and believe that the SG9665GC is going to do everything I need. However I'm open to suggestions if you think a different product would suit me better.

I want the camera to be as discreet as possible so not to attract any obvious attention. It will be left in the van at all times.
I also want the footage to be easy to transfer, ideally being able to send it to my phone would be brilliant. I'm not sure if the SG can do this though?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Hi Niko, I've been spending a few hours reading the forums on here trying to decide on a dash cam. I had a budget in mind of £100, however I think I've made my mind up on going for a street guardian cam.

I want to have the camera hard wired into the van, which is a 2007 vw caddy.
My main criteria for a dash cam is for when the van is left parked. Hence the hard wire route.

I've had a good look on your website and believe that the SG9665GC is going to do everything I need. However I'm open to suggestions if you think a different product would suit me better.

I want the camera to be as discreet as possible so not to attract any obvious attention. It will be left in the van at all times.
I also want the footage to be easy to transfer, ideally being able to send it to my phone would be brilliant. I'm not sure if the SG can do this though?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for enquiry. I also owe a VW, not Caddy but Passat. I guess if you do not have a rain sensor, then you have same standard RVmirror as my Passat, in this case I know how different dashcams would fit and look behind your RVmirror.
There are many dashcam options for your car, all depends on few others of your priorities.

To keep discussion in correct form and order, best if you could open new thread in special sub-forum ( What should I buy ), let's say put title: "VW Caddy. Need discrete dashcam with parking mode", copy-paste same question there. Me and others will be able to discuss and help you out to find proper dashcam for your needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
New ULTIMATE Kit available HERE

Ultimate Kit 2a.jpg

with some additional- and improved accessories
ULTIMATE KIT includes additional accessories:
Ultimate Kit 2.jpg

Hi Niko. Great deal there, it says on your site that it has motion detection. Is it buffered recording now? Or just as before, records from the moment motion is detected?
Mark

Back