Street Storm CVR-A7810-G, FoxOffer SZDome G90 / G98 and A7 / OV4689 clones

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I'm looking into new dash cams to replace the failed GS6000 A7 I had up front and saw this new one at Fox Offer

http://eeyelog.en.alibaba.com/produ..._Optional_A7_A5_A2_new_design_car_camera.html
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2014-new-ambarella-a7-car-dvr-g90-video-recorder/190685858.html

It seems a new combination but hopefully the new lens should improve some of the issues being seen on the current AR0330 sensors, although it is only a HDR sensor from what the specs say (64.6 dB). I've noticed they only go up to 1080P on these.

It doesn't say if the Fox Offer G90 is the A7LA30 or the 50 though but the sample video looks nice.

The blurb does say that this camera with HDR should be better than WDR cameras so that will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
It doesn't say if the Fox Offer G90 is the A7LA30 or the 50 though but the sample video looks nice.
I just happened to type A7LA into eBay this afternoon and got the eStore009 listing of the G90 that says A7LA30

Thanks mate, I noticed that sensor supports extremely high frame rates so could maybe be quite effective at 1080p/60?

Actually it looks like the Street Storm CVR-A7810-G is based around the same sort of platform - I'm off to check out the videos :)

Not familiar with that particular model but you will see a few cameras running this combo out over the next few months I'm sure

From what I read last night this sensor with the A7LA70d combo only does HDR night mode at 1080p/30 because it actually records at 1080p/60 at night and then combines each two frames into a HDR image to give the 30fps output.

temp2.0x0.jpg

That definitely looks impressive if it actually works out like that - now I just need to decide whether to grab another GT680w temporarily for the front and then get one of these when they're out or just order one of these now!

I did see something saying that this OmniVision sensor shouldn't experience the focus issues the AR0330 does when it gets hot. Whether that's true I guess we'll see when it's out in the field

G90 use A7LA30 and OV4689 sensor, ov4689 is 4.0MP sensor, but the supplier declared it as 5.oMP sensor.
No HDR/WDR option in the menu.

Small angle always looks good. On the full HD resolution. 2M pixel is best.
I did 2m,3m,5m sensor. So pixel issue is useless discussing point.

I guess for a full 1080p image you need 2073600 pixels which is why the 2Mpixel sensor is a good match, these higher end devices pushing Super HD 1296p need 2985984 pixels which I guess is why they need upwards of 3M pixels. With the 2Mpixel sensor in the Panorama you have the advantage of larger pixels which capture more light.

I've got to admit I've been looking very closely at your Panorama as it is a fantastic camera with good feedback, and to be honest I do think I'll end up with one of them as well as one of these and sell my GT680s on.

All that worried me for now is that the last couple of weeks have seen a few more people than normal reporting issues so as there is no local reseller I am a little worried in case I get one with bad focus or DOA.

I'm hovering over the Panorama with CPL filter on eBay as I write this from ShpKorea as I have read good things and I have to admit your firmware support is the best I've seen so far from any vendor - plus you have a glowing reference from Niko :) It does look like these new devices will give you a run for your money though!

Last edited:
It looks like the A7LA70d with OV4689 is also available as the Carhome C905. The link I read suggested they are the same manufacturer as the Russian versions.

The Street Storm CVR-A7810-G is available at around 8990 Rubles which is £155 so this is priced similarly to the Panorama.

@billknow - do you know how soon you'll be selling a camera based around the A7LA70d and the OV4689 please?

The night video at high resolution of the G90 looks very good - do you have a raw video that you could link to please?

Thanks in advance!

I've just read that in the latest Street Storm firmware on this platform (A7LA70D and OV4689) it supports 2560x1080 video which could be good for a dash cam!

There's a sample 1080p 60fps video here:

https://yadi.sk/d/p5fAVX1TPykb3

It looks great to me! Now just the wait to see what night video is like!

Last edited:
It looks like the A7LA70d with OV4689 is also available as the Carhome C905. The link I read suggested they are the same manufacturer as the Russian versions.

The Street Storm CVR-A7810-G is available at around 8990 Rubles which is £155 so this is priced similarly to the Panorama.

Dont forget, that when you importing from Russia, - you have to pay duty + tax, so price goes up from 155£ to 200-220 ;)
I have been using / testing some of Street Storm generic products ( OEM ) recently and must say results are OK from point of view of performance. The built quality is 7/10, but still OK if taking into consideration price, but for sure can not be compared to Panorama II ;)
One more draw-back is using battery instead of capacitor.
At present stage Ambarella A7LA can be considered as advantage and dis-advantage. The problem is that A7LA is too fresh and its very hard to do any major changes / improvements, - it's going to take some time to fully polish it ( maybe 6-12 month ). However seeing some video samples from combination of A7 + OV4689 I must say - results are quite positive and promising.

Well more user videos of the Street Storm CVR-A7810-G are starting to hit Youtube now:

1080p 30fps, HDR on

1080p 60fps

It's a shame the raw files aren't floating around yet - but they look promising to me. It does look like a lot of detail is still being shown in the night time clips which is good news, and it's got quick AE on there in the last clip where it's light and dark a lot. Dirty windshield in the night clips though :)

Still waiting for a manufacturer to release a clone or anything with this hardware - I'm guessing this will be another variant of the Samoon 3H2F maybe?

Oh actually, seek and ye shall find.

HDR off
vlcsnap-2014-05-31-18h27m35s202-png.3695

HDR on
vlcsnap-2014-05-31-18h26m55s54-png.3694

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B G90 44
Back